• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Wa alaykum salaams wah rahmatullahi wah barakatuhu

Its better to be friends with the kids than their enemy

Comment

Wa'alaikum As'salam,
      Parents are supposed to be parents and not friends -- Sometimes you go soft, sometimes hard and sometimes with a bamboo stick ---- the other day I had to be hard to my son (18 years old) -- I ignored the issue four five times before going hard. (wife didn't liked this )

My father never liked us staying us out of home late -- one day after a long time I decided to spent time with friends on weekend (was married with two kids that time) --- it was hardly 10 pm and my phone bell rings, it was father with angry tone and I had to leave early
      "Europe died in Bosnia and was buried in Syria. Bodies of innocent children washing ashore are the
      western civilization's tombstones"

Rajab Tayyab Erdogan

Comment

I think a balance is important. Being their friend definitely yes why not? So that they can come to you about things, open up to you etc. I think the cultural thing of being too worried of being open with parents etc is wrong, because it shouldnt be that way. And also being their guide, helping them in this world to prepare for the dunya and Aakhirah. Every single child is different so different things will work. I hope that one day Allaah blesses me to marry and if I am blessed with children Insha'Allaah that I can be a really good parent, according to Islaam. Being a parent must be hard but is so rewarding.

Comment

Collapse

Edit this module to specify a template to display.

Working...
        X