Ads by Muslim Ad Network

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Kids' Bedroom Decor ideas...?

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Kids' Bedroom Decor ideas...?

    Assalamu alaikum warahmatullah..


    ​​​
    Any parents with some suggestions for some interesting items... Wall decor, ornaments, lighting /projector lights, etc, etc - anything that adds a bit of colour and hopefully with an Islamic touch, or to do with nature /science (no animate things of course.)

    7 and 5 boy and girl.


    Jazaa'akumullah khair.


    (Assalamu alaikum warahmatullah.)
    LAA ILAAHA ILLALLAAH
    -------------------------------------

    ​​​​​NOTE: Please kindly avoid 'liking' my posts (Jazaa'akumullah khair)

  • #2
    I love decorating children's rooms...what are they interested in? For educational stuff you can get nice posters in the Works or even the pound shops. I think every home needs a huge map of the world on a wall somewhere. If they like certain animals you can print off pictures and cover the facial features (there may be differences of opinions on this, but this is the one that I follow) on Paint. I think it's really important for them to have a room that they really love and feel comfortable in.

    Comment


    • #3
      Are they sharing a room? (You don't need to tell us).

      If they are sharing then you can give them a wall each to have things on it that they like.

      You could get their names written in Arabic calligraphy in colours that they like.

      You can also get stickers with daily duas so put waking abd sleeping dua stickers near their bed. Instead of stickers if they can they could write the dua themself using different colours.
      Last edited by Mintchocchip; 31-01-20, 12:18 PM.

      Comment


      • #4
        I recently saw this small teepee tent that can fit in a room. If I was a kid, I would love to play in that. kids these days are so into technology, it would be nice to give them something that will force them to use their imagination.

        We have these rugs of the map of the world that are meant for kids in my school. It would be nice to get them that like umabdulla86 suggested. its also colorful so that's fun.

        A small white board and a bulletin board so they could put up all of their art work and passages from the Quran and dua's.

        for science you can get them a moon lamp or one of those lamps that show all the stars. Or a wind vane and rain gauge that they can keep outside their window to know what the weather is like.

        it sounds a bit like a class room but kids that age should be learning at school and at home. learning is fun for them at this point anyway.

        Comment


        • #5
          Wasalaam brother,

          when my kids were little we would put up nature stickers of mountains and ships and things on the walls. using a good paint color on the wall can also help bring out the fun images. multi colored lights can add some fun colors but they rarely used them.small fishtank can bring a lot of life to the room, maintenance can be head ache though. a hammock in the room for the daughter keep all her stuffed animals is also a good way to. This is not a decoration but food for thought, Bunk beds for the win they will love it? heads up on who get the top bed LOL!

          Comment


          • #6
            Originally posted by UmmAbdullah86 View Post
            I love decorating children's rooms...what are they interested in? For educational stuff you can get nice posters in the Works or even the pound shops. I think every home needs a huge map of the world on a wall somewhere. If they like certain animals you can print off pictures and cover the facial features (there may be differences of opinions on this, but this is the one that I follow) on Paint. I think it's really important for them to have a room that they really love and feel comfortable in.
            Yeah, I'd like yo put some things in there that are educational but still fun and bright... Unfortunately one has already been systematically indoctrinated in footballism so that's his main interest and the other is only really interested in the usual girly things but of animate ones (obsessed with ponies).

            I'll have a look on the Works online, inshaAllah.

            Jazaa'akillah khair.

            LAA ILAAHA ILLALLAAH
            -------------------------------------

            ​​​​​NOTE: Please kindly avoid 'liking' my posts (Jazaa'akumullah khair)

            Comment


            • #7
              Originally posted by Mintchocchip View Post
              Are they sharing a room? (You don't need to tell us).

              If they are sharing then you can give them a wall each to have things on it that they like.

              You could get their names written in Arabic calligraphy in colours that they like.

              You can also get stickers with daily duas so put waking abd sleeping dua stickers near their bed. Instead of stickers if they can they could write the dua themself using different colours.
              They are at the moment. No chance the little one would stay on her own and the older one isn't much better. Both have inherited the 'easily-spooked' gene (probably from their mum.) House is pretty big so maybe why they're like that but still way too scared of everything.

              I found quite a few different things online, calligraphy, aayaat, 99 names, du'aas... The only thing is they're all blacks, greys, silver, etc... Getting them to make / paint /colour their own things sounds like a very good idea.

              Jazaa'akillah khair.



              LAA ILAAHA ILLALLAAH
              -------------------------------------

              ​​​​​NOTE: Please kindly avoid 'liking' my posts (Jazaa'akumullah khair)

              Comment


              • #8
                Originally posted by aelmo View Post
                I recently saw this small teepee tent that can fit in a room. If I was a kid, I would love to play in that. kids these days are so into technology, it would be nice to give them something that will force them to use their imagination.

                We have these rugs of the map of the world that are meant for kids in my school. It would be nice to get them that like umabdulla86 suggested. its also colorful so that's fun.

                A small white board and a bulletin board so they could put up all of their art work and passages from the Quran and dua's.

                for science you can get them a moon lamp or one of those lamps that show all the stars. Or a wind vane and rain gauge that they can keep outside their window to know what the weather is like.

                it sounds a bit like a class room but kids that age should be learning at school and at home. learning is fun for them at this point anyway.
                Jazaa'akillah khair. The board sounds like something they'd really like and those things sister has mentioned are pretty much what I'm looking for. The lamps with the stars definitely on the list.

                ​​​​​​
                LAA ILAAHA ILLALLAAH
                -------------------------------------

                ​​​​​NOTE: Please kindly avoid 'liking' my posts (Jazaa'akumullah khair)

                Comment


                • #9
                  Originally posted by R1rider View Post
                  Wasalaam brother,

                  when my kids were little we would put up nature stickers of mountains and ships and things on the walls. using a good paint color on the wall can also help bring out the fun images. multi colored lights can add some fun colors but they rarely used them.small fishtank can bring a lot of life to the room, maintenance can be head ache though. a hammock in the room for the daughter keep all her stuffed animals is also a good way to. This is not a decoration but food for thought, Bunk beds for the win they will love it? heads up on who get the top bed LOL!
                  Their room is painted white and yeah, they wanted bunkbeds, but everything is white and grey (the bed, curtains, furniture), seems a bit depressing for kids tbh, hence this thread.

                  Will be putting up some nice scenery on there of their choice, inshaaAllah. Small aquarium sounds good.

                  Jazaa'akallah khair brother.
                  LAA ILAAHA ILLALLAAH
                  -------------------------------------

                  ​​​​​NOTE: Please kindly avoid 'liking' my posts (Jazaa'akumullah khair)

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Originally posted by Fakhri-bin-Ali View Post

                    They are at the moment. No chance the little one would stay on her own and the older one isn't much better. Both have inherited the 'easily-spooked' gene (probably from their mum.) House is pretty big so maybe why they're like that but still way too scared of everything.

                    I found quite a few different things online, calligraphy, aayaat, 99 names, du'aas... The only thing is they're all blacks, greys, silver, etc... Getting them to make / paint /colour their own things sounds like a very good idea.

                    Jazaa'akillah khair.


                    Check on Amazon. They usually do all those calligraphy, artsy stuff with stickers etc on there.

                    Hobby Craft is also good to wander through for inspiration.

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      The Early learning centre do posters with educational stuff on it like the alphabet ("A" with a picture of an apple and so on with the whole alphabet) and they also do posters with simple sums or times tables you can put up one of those in their room so that they learn from what they see around their room even when they're not concentrating or thinking about it. A map of the world sounds like a good idea. Many years ago I used to have a poster of the world map but with different colours to indicate the Muslim populations of every country (ie those with over 50% Muslim population were green, less than 5% were in red and so on).

                      Cushions are a good idea for adding a bit of colour. Have you considered "pillows of Islam"? Check out this page for more:
                      https://www.facebook.com/Smileitssun...type=3&theater
                      The Lyme Disease pandemic: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z5u73ME4sVU

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Assalaam alaikum
                        I have a small home business, amongst other items, I make children’s decor. Some Islamic, some not.
                        I’m the type of person that’s always had an interest in interior design. So I may go into too much detail here!

                        I’d suggest a neutral colour- yes grey is popular and personally I like it but I know what you mean about it being depressing. if you mix a light pink and light blue (or any other colour) with the grey I think it’d look nice. So it’s pretty much grey and white (nice and light!) and the bedding could be the same but girls bedding pink version and boys blue. It will look neater. (For example I had polka dot bedding for my kids. it’s exactly the same design but different colours) and for a personal touch, a shaped cushion, or initial cushion on their bed. Also:

                        •Simple wall stickers by their beds (you can get personalised ones)
                        •Two small white desks (Ikea is good) but have the accessories and chairs (or seat cushions) in their own colours (lamp, pencil pot, storage tubs for craft items, their name above the desk)
                        •Small display shelves for personal decor items in their colour, Pom Pom strands hanging off the front is cute
                        • Blackboard paint for the side of a wardrobe. Whiteboard would look nicer but I’d be worried they’d write everywhere!
                        •small coloured rugs next to their beds. (Doormat size)
                        • cube shelving. These are useful as bookshelves and boxes for toys slot in as well. Again, coloured boxes to differentiate.
                        •cube shelving (a line of 4) set horizontally with Lego boards stuck on is a really cute idea for a play table. You don’t have to stick it on also, but the long shelf becomes a play table with storage boxes underneath.

                        My son is special needs, I made him simple basic flash cards to learn the 99 Names of Allah swt. I bought a small noticeboard and I have 4 cards up at a time. People requested to buy these but I dont charge. You just need to print them out on A4 card and then if you want, onto coloured card.

                        Any questions, just ask.

                        Comment

                        Working...
                        X