Combination names allowed or not?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Combination names allowed or not?

Such as Maryam-Ruby or Maryam-Summer. Fatima-Ruby or Fatima-Summer.

Originally posted by Billionaires View Post
    Ajeeb!

Comment

In Persian culture it's common for parents to name all their children with the same first letter. For example: Sina, Soroush, Sanaz and Samira. Or Bahman, Bahram, Behnaz and Bita.

Comment

By the way why wouldn't it be permissible? You can name all your children with the same name if you desire. There are reports of people naming all of their sons Muhammad. And we have proof that Sayidunna Ali(ra) named his children with the same names (Abu Bakrs and Umars).

It's common to hear "Ali asghar" and "Ali Akbar".

Comment

Originally posted by AmantuBillahi View Post

By the way why wouldn't it be permissible? You can name all your children with the same name if you desire. There are reports of people naming all of their sons Muhammad. And we have proof that Sayidunna Ali(ra) named his children with the same names (Abu Bakrs and Umars).

It's common to hear "Ali asghar" and "Ali Akbar".
          Thx so much šŸ™

What do u think is better? Maryam-Ruby, Maryam-Sapphire, Maryam-Emerald or Fatima-Ruby, Fatima-Sapphire, Fatima-Emerald
          VS
          Maryam-Autumn, Maryam-Winter, Maryam-Spring, Maryam-Summer or Maryam-Ruby, Maryam-Sapphire, Maryam-Emerald.
          Last edited by Billionaires; 19-01-20, 09:58 PM.

Comment

Thx so much šŸ™

What do u think is better? Maryam-Ruby, Maryam-Sapphire, Maryam-Emerald or Fatima-Ruby, Fatima-Sapphire, Fatima-Emerald
            VS
            Maryam-Autumn, Maryam-Winter, Maryam-Spring, Maryam-Summer or Maryam-Ruby, Maryam-Sapphire, Maryam-Emerald.
            I've never heard of this autumn, winter, ruby stuff. It sounds too Westernized. And honestly I'm not a fan of naming 2 of my daughters with the same name. Neither am I fan of naming my sons with the same name, but if anything I would only do it for my sons and not my daughters. Daughters should be unique from one another.

Sorry can't help.

Comment

I've never heard of this autumn, winter, ruby stuff. It sounds too Westernized. And honestly I'm not a fan of naming 2 of my daughters with the same name. Neither am I fan of naming my sons with the same name, but if anything I would only do it for my sons and not my daughters. Daughters should be unique from one another.

Sorry can't help.
              They will be mixed-race.

Comment

They will be mixed-race.
                I want to name them all the same name coz Prophet Muhammad (PBUH) informed us that Fatima will be head of the women in Paradise. https://prezi.com/l5o80zy3wt7e/the-f...omen-in-islam/

Comment

I think the OP is asking about combining a muslim name with a non-Muslim one? I also assume if the children have the same first name that the second name will be the given name? In which case they will not be able to be identified as Muslim from their name. Fatima (RAA) was one of the best women, but merely naming your child Fatima will not admit them to paradise. Raising them to be the best Muslims will inshaAllah. I assume when you say they are mixed race that your wife is not Muslim?

Comment

I think the parents should just decide between themselves what they're comfortable with, but if you want us to pick a preferred name out of that list, I'd choose Mariam Ruby- maybe cos I have cousins with those names. Also I personally wouldn't name a child Fatima in the west cos when I was still in primary school, there was a girl with that name and people pronounced it "Fatty Ma" or "Fat Ma" and it just sounded dreadful.
                    The Lyme Disease pandemic: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z5u73ME4sVU

Comment

Originally posted by neelu View Post
                      Also I personally wouldn't name a child Fatima in the west cos when I was still in primary school, there was a girl with that name and people pronounced it "Fatty Ma" or "Fat Ma" and it just sounded dreadful.
                      This raises a question: would anyone in the West, be hesitant about naming their son Usama (I don't mean naming him after you know who) ?
                      "Yaa Allah grant me victory, or make me die Shaheed"

Remember how the Unbelievers plotted against thee, to keep thee in bonds, or slay thee, or get thee out (of thy home). They plot and plan, and Allah too plans; but the best of planners is Allah.
                      (surah al-anfal v.30)

Comment

Originally posted by Qiyas View Post

This raises a question: would anyone in the West, be hesitant about naming their son Usama (I don't mean naming him after you know who) ?
                        That would probably be a source of teasing and discrimination for the child. Employers might not want elevate someone with that name to higher levels of management or he'll often have to explain his views on Jihad and terrorism (which could actually be a great icebreaker for giving Da'wah if he's got it in him).

But on the other hand there are positives in naming your child with a heavily Eastern/Islamic name. It helps them maintain their Islamic identity despite living in the West and immersing themselves in this culture. I actually took on an English name in Kindergarten which has stuck with me up until this day. There's no question that it's opened up the door for me to be more "Western" and "hypocritical" (if that's the right word). With these friends I'm "such and such" and with those friends I'm "such and such".

Comment

That would probably be a source of teasing and discrimination for the child. Employers might not want elevate someone with that name to higher levels of management or he'll often have to explain his views on Jihad and terrorism (which could actually be a great icebreaker for giving Da'wah if he's got it in him).

But on the other hand there are positives in naming your child with a heavily Eastern/Islamic name. It helps them maintain their Islamic identity despite living in the West and immersing themselves in this culture. I actually took on an English name in Kindergarten which has stuck with me up until today. There's no question that it's opened up the door for me to be more "Western" and "hypocritical" (if that's the right word). With these friends I'm "such and such" and with those friends I'm "such and such".
                          Here in the UK, a Muslim guy failed to receive an interview for a job, so he decided to conduct an experiment. He replaced his name on his CV (resume), with a "white man's" name, kept all the history, qualifications and everything else exactly the same. Surprise surprise, his "white" alias was offered an interview. Iirc, this was even before 9/11...
                          "Yaa Allah grant me victory, or make me die Shaheed"

Remember how the Unbelievers plotted against thee, to keep thee in bonds, or slay thee, or get thee out (of thy home). They plot and plan, and Allah too plans; but the best of planners is Allah.
                          (surah al-anfal v.30)

Comment

Troll thread.

Comment

Originally posted by Indefinable View Post
                              Troll thread.
                              You wouldn't name your daughter Fatima-Sapphire?

Comment

Working...
                              X