No announcement yet.

islamic names for girls.

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

One of the few names that are uncommon in our own culture and which is the name of one our ummahaat (RA) was recently chosen by my sister for her daughter.

I think there was a part of me that secretly wanted that to go 'unused' so if I did end up marrying and someday had a daughter, I'd name her that.

('Juwairiyah.' A very nice name, one of our Mothers (RA) and pretty much unheard of amongst us Bengalis.)
    LAA ILAAHA ILLALLAAH
    -------------------------------------

​​​​​NOTE: Please kindly avoid 'liking' my posts (Jazaa'akumullah khair)

Comment

Originally posted by Farah. A View Post

Juwairyyah, safyah, hafsa, Ramla.
      again all in very close relatives .:(

Comment

Originally posted by Fakhri-bin-Ali View Post
        One of the few names that are uncommon in our own culture and which is the name of one our ummahaat (RA) was recently chosen by my sister for her daughter.

I think there was a part of me that secretly wanted that to go 'unused' so if I did end up marrying and someday had a daughter, I'd name her that.

('Juwairiyah.' A very nice name, one of our Mothers (RA) and pretty much unheard of amongst us Bengalis.)
        It is beautiful name .my first cousin's name is juwayriya.
        btwn now I am Pakistani marriedto Bengali :)

Comment

Taymiyah
          “Allah gave you a gift of 86,000 seconds today, have you used one to say ‘Alhamdulilah

Comment

I know you probably donít want to name your daughter the same name as someone else in the family but clearly they took every name. You must have a huge family mashallah. You donít want to be left naming her something that you donít like. Just pick the name you like.

My cousin and I have the same name. Itís kind of nice.

Comment

Mahiya, amani, sawda, mueena¬*
              Please visit my Youtube cooking channel

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCiv...YMkhbbgtX-lL8Q

Comment

Originally posted by aelmo View Post
                I know you probably donít want to name your daughter the same name as someone else in the family but clearly they took every name. You must have a huge family mashallah. You donít want to be left naming her something that you donít like. Just pick the name you like.

My cousin and I have the same name. Itís kind of nice.
                In my husband family there are many reoccuring names too, its really not a big deal but i understand maybe they want to be unique...
                Please visit my Youtube cooking channel

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCiv...YMkhbbgtX-lL8Q

Comment

Yeah. It's really hard for me to name now. Khadeeja is for sure my favorite but my husband not agreeing. He gave option of Safa Siddiqa and I said for Safa Khadeeja. Safa I liked due to it's beautiful history by Hazrat Hajra :). Let's see now .what's your suggestion .any other option of unique n famous from history going with Khadeeja .

Comment

I found this website with a bunch of names of the companions of the prophet you might find one you like here.

https://www.momjunction.com/articles...00441682/#gref

Comment

(I thought it was uncommon amongst Pakistanis too but then someone told me it's not - it's just pronounced 'Javeria' :| )
                      LAA ILAAHA ILLALLAAH
                      -------------------------------------

​​​​​NOTE: Please kindly avoid 'liking' my posts (Jazaa'akumullah khair)

Comment

Amatullah, Aaliyah, Asiya, Iman, Khayra and Bushra.
                        "Had Allah lifted the veil for his slave and shown him how He handles his affairs for him, and how Allah is more keen for the benefit of the slave than his own self, his heart would have melted out of the love for Allah and would have been torn to pieces out of thankfulness to Allah. Therefore if the pains of this world tire you do not grieve. For it may be that Allah wishes to hear your voice by way of duaa. So pour out your desires in prostration and forget about it and know; that verily Allah does not forget it."
                        - Ibn al Qayyim (rahimahullah)

Comment

You can have my name if you want

​​​​​​No one has the same name as me amongst family and relatives

but it's a typical bengali name, quite common

I have a nickname which I prefer because it's unique, my home name lol

​​​​​
                          'Whatever it be wherein ye differ, the decision thereof is with Allah: such is Allah my Lord: In Him I trust, and to Him I turn.' The Holy Qu'ran Al Shura (Consultation)

So, which of the favours of your lord will you deny? ~ Surah Ar Rahman

Comment

How about Jeremina?

seriously don't though I'm just messing
                            “Allah gave you a gift of 86,000 seconds today, have you used one to say ‘Alhamdulilah

Comment

Iqra

Comment

I may as well give my preferences too:

Hijaab.

Haya.

Comment

Working...
                                X