When you have young kids, you..

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• When you have young kids, you..

..cry sometimes because you just get/feel so overwhelmed at that moment because your kids are still very young and there's no escaping a toddler's tantrums and your youngest is all over you at the same time and your husband's working long hours and you have no support to lean on

..open up the kitchen cabinets and find some items missing. And then you sigh because your toddler finally figured out the safety locks and there's no stopping him now

..when your kid wants to help you but increases the work load in the process but you still find it all cute and lovely because he really is trying his best to help you out..feels like your lil boy is not so little after all
    sigpic

I can go on and on over here like I can make this my lil vent corner [ -_-] but it'd be nice to hear from other parents as well how's parenting young kids going/went on, you know.
    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by .Hajar. View Post
      I can go on and on over here like I can make this my lil vent corner [ -_-] but it'd be nice to hear from other parents as well how's parenting young kids going/went on, you know.
      Parenting is not easy. The responsibility is huge and the pressure to do it "right" is immense, especially considering you only get one shot at it.

I had it somewhat easy alhamdulillaah. (Inlaws/parents/siblings).

I'm finding it harder for him now - as he's getting older.

Nappies/feeding/tantrums/potty training etc is actually easier than the later stages.

But remember my son is special needs. It's different for everyone I guess.

Comment

Originally posted by Indefinable View Post

Parenting is not easy. The responsibility is huge and the pressure to do it "right" is immense, especially considering you only get one shot at it.

I had it somewhat easy alhamdulillaah. (Inlaws/parents/siblings).

I'm finding it harder for him now - as he's getting older.

Nappies/feeding/tantrums/potty training etc is actually easier than the later stages.

But remember my son is special needs. It's different for everyone I guess.

SubhanAllah..how old is your son, sis?

How real is a mother's guilt, by the way? Like I feel guilty about something or the other with respect to my kids but then when I actually think about it, circumstances were beyond my control. Does a mother ever get over this guilt thing..?
        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by .Hajar. View Post

SubhanAllah..how old is your son, sis?

How real is a mother's guilt, by the way? Like I feel guilty about something or the other with respect to my kids but then when I actually think about it, circumstances were beyond my control. Does a mother ever get over this guilt thing..?
          He'll be 7 in a few months In Sha Allaah.

Gosh - the guilt doesn't go. I normally feel like I should be doing a LOT more with him but we're human, not superwomen lol. We all do the best we can.

Your kids are really young, right? It can be overwhelming, especially with two, but really, don't beat yourself up about it too much. You're allowed to unwind, have a messy house, be lazy with the kids at home.

Just set a good sleeping routine, get your sleep - prioritise that as it's really important for your health and your kids. The rest - just take it as it comes.

Comment

Lock them in a pet cage so you cna do your work
            "They are Shuhadaa (witnesses) to the fact that this Deen is greater than life, that values are more important than blood and that principles are more precious than souls" - Sheikh 'Abdullah Azzam

Lost in Islamic History :inlove:

Comment

Originally posted by samin62 View Post
              Lock them in a pet cage so you cna do your work
              Safeguarding issues.

They're not pets. They're little humans.

Comment

there was a case i learnt in psychology where a parent locked his daughter in a cage or room (cant remember ) for years
                she became abit like an animal
                couldnt speak or communicate properly either

another case where a kid was actually raised bt wolfs
                the kid became like a wolf
                subhanAllah

Comment

Originally posted by Abu julaybeeb View Post
                  ...another case where a kid was actually raised bt wolfs
                  the kid became like a wolf...
                  Eh?

Comment

Originally posted by Indefinable View Post

Safeguarding issues.

They're not pets. They're little humans.

Little demons

"They are Shuhadaa (witnesses) to the fact that this Deen is greater than life, that values are more important than blood and that principles are more precious than souls" - Sheikh 'Abdullah Azzam

Lost in Islamic History :inlove:

Comment

...another case where a kid was actually raised bt wolfs
                      the kid became like a wolf...
                      Any details on this wolf boy?

Comment

Originally posted by Abu 'Abdullaah View Post

Any details on this wolf boy?
                        search it up

cant rember gender

Comment

search it up

cant rember gender
                          Found it.

Fascinating! I remember hearing about this on the radio some years back and thought it was nonsense.

Comment

Originally posted by Abu 'Abdullaah View Post

Found it.

Fascinating! I remember hearing about this on the radio some years back and thought it was nonsense.
                            i cant imagine you saying
                            'fascinating!'

lool

Comment

i cant imagine you saying
                              'fascinating!'

lool
                              My memory of this is poor, but I think the reason I rubbished it was because the guy talked about a boy raised by wolves who took on certain features such as canine teeth, grew fur, etc...

-_-

Comment

Working...
                              X