Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Teaching our children to think

Assalamualaikum wa rahmatullah.

The purpose of this post is to highlight a great tragedy which many Muslim children face and to show a solution to that tragedy as well.

The tragedy is that many Muslims nowadays only practice Islam because their parents are Muslim. The only reason they practice Islam is because of family pressure. When they become independent and move away from their parents, they stop practicing Islam. For example, a youth used to go to Jumah prayer every week because his father took him to the masjid. But now, away from his father, there is nobody to convince him to go to the masjid. This is a big problem which needs to be solved.

I propose a solution to this problem.

SOLUTION:

The solution is to teach our children a logical argument as proof that Islam is true.

The logical argument is given below in the second post. It is long but easy to understand.

Prophet Muhammad (sallalahu alayhi wasalam) claimed to be a Prophet of God about 1400 years ago. I am going to prove that he really was a Prophet of God, in sha Allah.

I know this is a long post, but if you read it completely, you will benefit a lot, in sha Allah.

If a man claims to be a Prophet of God, then there can be only three possibilities. Either he is speaking the truth. Or he is speaking a lie. Or he is insane. There can be no other possibility.

So let us see whether Prophet Muhammad (sallalahu alayhi wasalam) was speaking the truth or not.

Was he a liar or a madman?

In the light of the behavior of Prophet Muhammad (sallalahu alayhi wasalam), we have to conclude that he was not a liar or a madman. Let me give examples of his behavior.

Example 1:

Prophet Muhammad (sallalahu alayhi wasalam) had a very young son called Ibrahim in Madinah. This son died in childhood. On the day Ibrahim died, an eclipse occurred.

A rumor began to circulate that the eclipse has occurred because of the death of Ibrahim, the Prophet’s son.

Prophet Muhammad (sallalahu alayhi wasalam) had been trying for years to persuade people that he was a Prophet of God. You would think that this would be an excellent opportunity for a liar to persuade people that he was a Prophet of God. He could have said to the people that even the sun is mourning the death of a Prophet’s son. Everybody would have believed him. He would have been able to persuade the people that he was a Prophet of God. This is what we would expect a liar or a madman to do.

However, instead of doing that, he said that the sun and the moon do not eclipse for the death or birth of anybody. This shows that he was a truthful man. This example also shows that he was not mad.

Example 2:

The following event occurred in the lifetime of Prophet Muhammad (sallalahu alayhi wasalam)

‘Umar bin Khattab said:

“I entered upon the Messenger of Allah (ﷺ) when he was (sitting) on a reed mat. I sat down and (saw that) he was wearing a waist wrap, and there was no other barrier between him and the mat but his waist wrap, and the reed mat had made marks on his side. And I saw a handful of barley, nearly a Sa’, and some acacia leaves, in a corner of the room, and a skin hanging up. My eyes flowed with tears, and he said: ‘Why are you weeping, O son of Khattab?’ I said: ‘O Prophet of Allah, why should I not weep? This mat has made marks on your side, and this is all you have accumulated, I cannot see anything other than what I see (here), while Chosroes and Caesar live among fruits and rivers. You are the Prophet of Allah and His Chosen One, and this is what you have accumulated.’ He said: ‘O son of Khattab, does it not please you (to know) that (these things) are for us in the Hereafter and for them in this world?’ He said: ‘Yes.’”

(Sunan Ibn Majah)

As you have read, Prophet Muhammad (sallalahu alayhi wasalam) did not ask Umar to make him a more wealthy man or to bring him more things for his house. This is what we would expect a liar to do. A person who lies that he was a Prophet of God would not want to live in poverty. He would want to live a life of prosperity and riches. Instead of asking for riches, Prophet Muhammad (sallalahu alayhi wasalam) chose to live a life of asceticism. This is also proof that he was not a liar.

Example 3:

There are some people who claim that Prophet Muhammad (sallalahu alayhi wasalam) was insane. This is proven to be false according to the life of Prophet Muhammad (sallalahu alayhi wasalam).
    Prophet Muhammad (sallalahu alayhi wasalam) was made the ruler of Madinah. He contracted multiple treaties during his lifetime and also lead the early Muslims in numerous battles.

Some of the battles are:

1) Battle of Badr
    2) Battle of Uhud
    3) Battle of Khandaq
    4) Conquest of Makkah
    5) Battle of Khaibar

How could an insane man do all this?

An insane man would never be made the ruler of a city by any people. An insane man would not be allowed by his people to lead armies. All of this is proof that Prophet Muhammad (sallalahu alayhi wasalam) was not insane.

Thus, we are left with no choice but to conclude that Prophet Muhammad (sallalahu alayhi wasalam) was a Prophet of God. We cannot say that he was a liar. We cannot say that he was insane. Therefore, he has to be truthful.

Comment

U dont just teach salah quran haram halal
      u have to teach the hikmah behind every action
      also you as a parent have to be a living exame of what you preach
      and on top of this you have to go out your way and invest time with your kids to prioritise them learning the right things doing the right activities hanging eith the right crowd so they dont go astray

Comment

^^ Exactly what Abu Julaybeeb said.

Teaching only the basics isn't good enough. Kids are heavily influenced by their surroundings, so if they're only taught the basics without learning why they have to do these things then they are going to go astray. Parents should know what's going on in their kid's lives and who they are hanging out with because, at the end of the day, most kids will copy what kids at school are doing or what they see on T.V. And if they don't know why they can't do all those things too, they will start to hate Islam.

It's important to implement Islam in everything you teach your kids about life so they know that Islam isn't just about praying or not eating pork and drinking alcohol. It's so much more than that.

Comment

Originally posted by Abu julaybeeb View Post
          U dont just teach salah quran haram halal
          u have to teach the hikmah behind every action
          also you as a parent have to be a living exame of what you preach
          and on top of this you have to go out your way and invest time with your kids to prioritise them learning the right things doing the right activities hanging eith the right crowd so they dont go astray
          If only Muslims payed as much attention and effort to learn the Deen and implementing it, as they do to their secular studies
          ​​​​​​
          Parents with Messed up priorities is also a major reason why children end up bad.
          http://www.ilovepalestine.com/campai...imesinGaza.gif

"It does not befit the lion to answer the dogs."

– Imam al-Shafi’i (Rahimahullah)

Comment

Working...
          X