No announcement yet.

Muslims in the west, please comment!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Muslims in the west, please comment!!

Originally posted by Al-ghurabah View Post

be careful not to be too angry it will break ure fast. :up:
    “The great Imam ash-Shafi’, he went to his teacher Waki`
    Complaining about the weakness of his memory.
    He told him, ‘abandon rebellion, for knowledge is a light
    And the light of Allah is not bestowed upon a rebel.”

Comment

Jazakum Allah all,

the thing is that i study in preston in the UK and it is mostly asian muslims here, most of my friends here are Asians and they are lovely people mashAllah..but sometimes i just simply don't fit in 'cause of the way i wear my hijab, the way i pray, the way i like going to pray at the mosque/masjid and the day i started fasting and simple stuff like that..

subhanAllah, i just find it very different to what i was brought up with and my own personal believes..

Jazakum Allah all again..
      Please Re-update your Signature

Comment

how do you pray maya? i dont understand? are you of another madhab? like shafee?

Comment

:D
          Originally posted by Maya.G View Post
          Jazakum Allah all,

the thing is that i study in preston in the UK and it is mostly asian muslims here, most of my friends here are Asians and they are lovely people mashAllah..but sometimes i just simply don't fit in 'cause of the way i wear my hijab, the way i pray, the way i like going to pray at the mosque/masjid and the day i started fasting and simple stuff like that..

subhanAllah, i just find it very different to what i was brought up with and my own personal believes..

ignore the ignorant asians.. i pray doffrent to most asians.. i fasted onsaturday.. just those brelvi masjida who decide to do it one dday after every one else..

most of those masjids are rubn by elders who have little understanding of islam.. they run it like they would back home.. like i said be-friend some good sisters from preston..im sure there are some here from that area :D
          :asta: :hidban::(
          Good Quran recitation site
          THE REAL VICTIMS OF TERRORISM

Comment

So you a student of uni?! whats the ISOC like?! my experiences with ISOCs that they cna be quite open to what exactly you belief in and the different madhabs..!

you gotta make friends on teh basis of everything.. people you click with... and people whos company you can enjoy.. the religious aspect is Part of this.. not teh Dominant..(but make sure they muslim n tha.. coz of similar ineteretstss etc etc!)! ]

inshallah things get better! :up:

Comment

Jazakum Allah all,

U started fasting on saturday instead of sunday? :D :up:
              Everone has a different way of wearing hijaab tho.
              And there is soo much reward in going to mosque. I dont understand why they should have a problem with you going mosque
              :(
              Oh Allah,
              Make me want that which is beneficial for me...
              And make beneficial for me that which I want.

Comment

Jazakum Allah all AGAIN,

inshallah it'll get better and people would get more open-minded in their deen 'cause islam is about the muslim brothers and sisters not about the madhabs..

and i do pray like normal alhamdulillah, NOTHING special nor different :D :D
                Please Re-update your Signature

Comment

Jazakum Allah all AGAIN,

inshallah it'll get better and people would get more open-minded in their deen 'cause islam is about the muslim brothers and sisters not about the madhabs..

err okay ..its just u went on about how u pray different and that. so 1 min ure upset and mashaALlah ure happy the next hour. praise be to Allah.

Comment

Jazakum Allah all AGAIN,

tehre you go then.. you pray normal.. allhamdulilah.. as for "cultural" dressing and Perceptions... ignore it all.. adhere to teh rules and guidance of islam and inshallah you can;t go wrong!

People need to learn and embrace Culture and Ethnicity..not be alien to it! ;)

Comment

Working...
                    X