What is sharia law?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: What is Sharia

I don't see any problem with women covering up, its the fact that it is required that bothers me, and why don't men cover up?

Comment

Originally posted by ModernChristian View Post
      I don't see any problem with women covering up, its the fact that it is required that bothers me, and why don't men cover up?
      In fact in the Quran Allah Addresses the men first and tells them to lower their gaze, and then the women.

For the guys their "hijab" is from navel to knee. That's what they require covering?

Why? As muslims we believe Allah created us so He knows best. Girls are beautiful creatures and what is required for them to cover to protect them from undue attention is different from how much a guy needs to cover.

Also in Islam, the husband needs to provide for his family even if the women are working and making like ten times or more than he is.
      "If you are neutral in situations of injustice, you have chosen the side of the oppressor."

"Nothing protects the rights of the minority like the tyranny of the majority"

Comment

it saddens me that after looking thru ummah.com, then google, there is no one defining sharia

imam anwar alawaki does an excellent job of explaining it, i highly recommend everyone listening to it

it clarifies it for muslims and the kuffar

enjoy (and learn)
        .لا نريد زعيما يخاف البيت الإبيض
        نريد زعيما يخاف الواحد الأحد
        دولة الإسلامية باقية

Comment

Originally posted by ModernChristian View Post
          Why does it being required bug you? And it's not really about "covering up" it's more about dressing modestly which happens best with covering yourself up with loose clothes and stuff. The hijab isn't required in Islam, what is required is dressing modestly. Most people don't seem to understand that.

For example, about a month ago I went to the mosque to pray and went shopping nearby at a desi (south asian) mall. Over there I saw a woman wearing a niqab and black clothes. Problem was that they were so tight that you could, well, "see everything."

As for men, our covering up happens with our eyes. We're supposed to lower our gaze and that is also required.

Comment

Collapse

Edit this module to specify a template to display.

Working...
          X