Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• what makes a place a mosque?

Asalama alaykum wr wb

my fitra tells me am right to not pray the sunnah tul masjid in these places.
    i dont understand how these places can be called houses of ALLAH when the kufaar have it on lock doesnt make sense.

is there a criteria regarding mosques?
    Last edited by Quest; 31-07-06, 04:08 PM.
    " Whoever abandones jihad in order to be safe from fitnah, then he has already fallen into fitnah that is a result of doubts in his heart, sickness of his mind and his abandoning jihad that Allah ordered him!" Ibn Taymeeyah r/a

Re: what makes a place a mosque?

walaykumasalaam warahmatullahi wabarkatuhu

the main one i know is that the mosque property must be owned and is given as waqf. hence no one has ownership and it cannot be sold off by someone.

(i wrote a really long reply to ur original post but have edited it now)
    Last edited by ibn suleman; 31-07-06, 04:26 PM.
    i will bear any ordeal, but i will not beg

Watch the game, Learn the game, Control the game.

Comment

why did u edit it out? is it because i editted my original msg? if yes and presuming u read it, would love 2 read ur original post. here or in pm

back 2 ur current reply, most of the places we call mosques are owned if not then dictated by the kufaar do u think its justified 2 refer 2 these places as houses of ALLAH?
      " Whoever abandones jihad in order to be safe from fitnah, then he has already fallen into fitnah that is a result of doubts in his heart, sickness of his mind and his abandoning jihad that Allah ordered him!" Ibn Taymeeyah r/a

Comment

I dnt know because there is Hadith saying that the whole earth is a masjid for us :S
        but as for the 2 ruka entering a masjid, i only do it in places which are referred to as a masjid in daily speech. I dnt know who owns it or whatever, i mean like RPM, east london masjid, finsbury park... I dnt do sunnat ul masjid in the uni prayer room, never reli thought of it in that way
        <button id="tw_schedule_btn" class="tw-schedule-btn" style="padding: 4px 6px;position: absolute;left: 141px;top: 840px;background-color: #F7F7F7; background: linear-gradient(#FFF, #F0F0F0); border: 1px solid #CCC; color: #5F5F5F; cursor: pointer; font-weight: bold; text-shadow: 0 1px #FFF; white-space: nowrap;border-radius: 3px;font-size: 11px; display: none; z-index: 8675309">Schedule</button>

Comment

anna to me baker street, finsbury, leyton etc 'mosques' are no different 2 your uni prayer room

i dont pray salatul sunnah in any of them

simply because non of them are real masjids one way or the other they are maintained by kafirs

Comment

but isnt the tahiyattul masjid an act of the sunnah of entering a place of worship, as "masjid" means a place of worship and tahiya meaning greetings!

what if i should enter a place for example that was made in a uni, where there is salaah facilities, its out of respect performing the sunnah that there is a place for you to perform your salaah recognising it as a place of worship, but it does not mean as u recognising it as masjid where jumuah is performed.

Shouldnt you be thankful that there is a facility for you to perform your salaah, its showing thanks praises to Allah for providing that facility thus performing the sunnah salaah.
            there is a difference between a masjid and jamaat khana but the jamaat khana (ibaadat khana) is still recognised as a place of worship, so therefore i dont see a problem in performing tahiyattul masjid where salaah is performed in a jamaat other then a home. as it is a greeting to the place of worship.
            Please Re-update your Signature

Comment

hmm 81 i didnt know that sunnah was a form of thanksgiving i thought it was tradition hence sunnah.

Comment

It is a sunnah of the Prophet (SAW). He performed it upon entering a masjid. Not at all times upon entering a masjid but at sometimes entering a masjid. Did'nt know it was a form of thanksgiving, it is a prayer in respect of the place of worship of Allah swt - the masjid.
                Please Re-update your Signature

Comment

theres a difference between a masjid and a musalaa

Musalaa- place to pray (i.e uni room, etc.)
                  masjid- designated area
                  - is waqf
                  - 5 salahs held there
                  - jumuah held there
                  (explained in much more detail) here http://qa.sunnipath.com/issue_view.a...ID=4347&CATE=4

as for some of the other issues,

khushu praying on your own - see http://www.islam-qa.com/index.php?ref=6295&ln=eng
                  (not sure if it applies to women)

as for most of the mosques being run by the kuffar, then this is not true and i personally know that many of my local mosques are run by Muslims, sure they may have their faults and have brought unneccesary politics into the mosque, but they definitely are not run by kaafir.

as for security issues such as cameras and stuff, these are in fact most of the time installed by the comittees themselves, and not by the kuffar and i know this first hand, they are usually done to deter theft and vandalism. but whetehr it is correct to install these security measures is another issue, but it is most of the times done by the Muslims.

of course there are those mosques that have their spies and what not and this is true, but this definitely is not the majority.

and if your reason for not praying tahiyatul masjid is because you feel that these are't proper mosques, it doesn't matter because you can still pray at a designated musalaa (see first link)

(well i deleted the reply to your post, because you must have had a reason to, and i respect that and since my reply quoted sections of your post and my responses to them, then to leave it there would not be fitting)

Comment

ibn i see, to be fair i deleted mine way b4 i even read yours,
                    reason for deleting was i just wanted 2 hear what others thought b4 my views i didnt want mine 2 deter theirs thanks for ur response

musalla new word i learnt today basically i feel every place i pray is a musala and these masjids are also. i have yet to set foot into a real mosque.

that sunnah can wait untill i do.
                    one thing i wanted to say is muslims holding the key to the mosque doesnt make it theirs. when the kafir can take it of them at any time and this is the majority of mosques i dont know what mosques u personaly pray at bro.

to keep it brief, kafirs own these so called mosques and muslims are just custodians of them untill the kafir changes his mind.

as for the cameras i was on abt i understand the vandelism issue but am talking abt those cameras put in by police without muslim approval, if we really owned the place then our protests wouldnt fall on death ears our including the mosque comittee

and Allah knows best
                    p.s thanks for the link :_)
                    Last edited by Quest; 31-07-06, 11:17 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Quest
                      ibn i see, to be fair i deleted mine way b4 i even read yours,
                      reason for deleting was i just wanted 2 hear what others thought b4 my views i didnt want mine 2 deter theirs thanks for ur response

musalla new word i learnt today basically i feel every place i pray is a musala and these masjids are also. i have yet to set foot into a real mosque.

that sunnah can wait untill i do.
                      one thing i wanted to say is muslims holding the key to the mosque doesnt make it theirs. when the kafir can take it of them at any time and this is the majority of mosques i dont know what mosques u personaly pray at bro.

to keep it brief, kafirs own these so called mosques and muslims are just custodians of them untill the kafir changes his mind.

as for the cameras i was on abt i understand the vandelism issue but am talking abt those cameras put in by police without muslim approval, if we really owned the place then our protests wouldnt fall on death ears our including the mosque comittee

and Allah knows best
                      p.s thanks for the link :_)
                      khayr, i see what your saying, living in a kaafir country that will be the case, in the same way you could say the kaafirs have control of our houses, and since the US and their puppet govts have their hands in so many muslim countries hence they control many of the mosques around the world.

take the example of Masjid al Aqsa, reagrdless whos in control it's still a mosque. the way i see it, it's shaytaan trying to rob you of this beautiful sunnah, don't let him - and the natural progression of your argument would be to feel that no true mosque exists in the world because there is no Islamic State,

u'll be rewarded for your intentions

(by the way this post isn't meant to be condescending- apologies if taken that way)

Comment

Asalama alaykum akii, i didnt get no condescending vibe at all, ur post was to the point and kind. may Allah bless your effort.

about al aqsa, i think its a different situation no? al aqsa belongs to the believers and was given to us by Allah and it was built by muslims (ones who submit to Allahs will)

if kafirs control it today its because we are not handling buissness, non the less al aqsa is still internally pure. we just have 2 purify it externally.

these places we call mosques are not they do not belong to the believers same way aqsa does. so the comparison doesnt go down well in my opinion

non the less i see what ur saying, i will pray those sunnahs when am in a real masjid, when am in these other places my fard or other sunnahs will suffice, by the way i am grateful for them (musallas) i just dont recognise them as mosques.
                        if am wrong may Allah show us me the way, if others are may Allah show them either way we all need guidance.

truth is akii my fitra agrees with me that these places are not real masjids.

Allah knows best

fi amaanilaah.

Comment

Collapse

Edit this module to specify a template to display.

Working...
                        X