muslims who believe hijab is not islamic :s

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• muslims who believe hijab is not islamic :s

Salaam (sorry if this post is in the wrong place)

need your help!
    Somebody showed me this when trying to prove their point about hijab, and i would like to know how some of u would respond to it, with proper backup, cos i want to respond to it well inshallah.

you need to read quite alot of it..

http://www.headscarf.net/index2.htm

she showed me the stuff zaki badawi says about it, about it coming from persian culture on page 30, and how modesty applies to both men and women etc to prove me wrong about hijab :(

i really appreciate your help

wa salaam
    Please Re-update your Signature

Re: muslims who believe hijab is not islamic :s

Gna read the whole thing n get bak 2 u on dis inshaAllah
    Oh Allah,
    Make me want that which is beneficial for me...
    And make beneficial for me that which I want.

Comment

I have heard this Zaki Badawi speak about this before. i understand he died this year, may Allah forgive him and have mercy on him. Better to ask a proper shaikh to deal with this and refute this book as there are so many ahadith and ayats that mention hijab, a shaikh will know all the correct references as to the story behind each hadith and ayat and the time place and circumstance of these being revealed, as for saying that its not from Islam and it should be banned and so many of the statments made this could even be kufr to have such a belief wa Allahu alam i would take little notice of such men and what they have to say Allah guides whom he wills. This is why many true islamic scolars (even egyptian ones) do not recommend going anywhere near al azhar because of the modernist movement that has been going on there for many years since the interferance of the british in middle east affairs at the turn of this century. May Allah guide us amin.
      "O you who believe! Stand out firmly for justice, as witnesses to Allah, even as against yourselves, or your parents, or your kin, and whether it be (against) rich or poor: for Allah can best protect both. Follow not the lusts (of your hearts), lest you swerve, and if you distort (justice) or decline to do justice, verily Allah is well-acquainted with all that you do." [An-Nisa 4:135]

The Prophet :saw: said:

"Whosoever leaves off obedience and separates from the Jamaa'ah and dies, he dies a death of jaahiliyyah. Whoever fights under the banner of the blind, becoming angry for 'asabiyyah (nationalism/tribalism/partisanship) or calling to 'asabiyyah, or assisting 'asabiyyah, then dies, he dies a death of jaahiliyyah."

muslim

Narrated 'Abdullah:

The Prophet, said, "Abusing a Muslim is Fusuq (evil doing) and killing him is Kufr (disbelief)." sahih bukhari

"Creeping upon you is the diseases of those people before you: envy and hatred. And hatred is the thing that shaves. I do not say it shaves the hair but it shaves the religion!

By the One in whose Hand is my soul, you will not enter paradise until you believe, and you will not believe until you love one another. Certainly, let me inform you of that which may establish such things: spread the greetings and peace among yourselves."

[Recorded by Imam Ahmad and Al-Tirmidhi]

Comment

i think the correct words you were looking for is kaafir who believe hijab is not islamic...
        And Allâh has set forth an example for those who believe, the wife of Fir'aun when she said: "My Lord! Build for me a home with You in Paradise, and save me from Fir'aun and his work, and save me from the people who are Zâlimûn

There is no nobility in anyone who lacks faith.

The wise man knows that the only fitting price for his soul is a place in Paradise.

Comment

but -..hijab is the muslim identity..theyre just makin their own religion.
          “The great Imam ash-Shafi’, he went to his teacher Waki`
          Complaining about the weakness of his memory.
          He told him, ‘abandon rebellion, for knowledge is a light
          And the light of Allah is not bestowed upon a rebel.”

Comment

Originally posted by bint
            but -..hijab is the muslim identity..theyre just makin their own religion.
            exactly.. and a person who makes up their own religion is called... a ... kaafir..
            And Allâh has set forth an example for those who believe, the wife of Fir'aun when she said: "My Lord! Build for me a home with You in Paradise, and save me from Fir'aun and his work, and save me from the people who are Zâlimûn

There is no nobility in anyone who lacks faith.

The wise man knows that the only fitting price for his soul is a place in Paradise.

Comment

Originally posted by Al-Irhaab
              exactly.. and a person who makes up their own religion is called... a ... kaafir..
              yeah- theres no denying that.astaghfirullah

Comment

Salaam

It's scary to see links like that around! I don't understand how people from that link can say hijab is not islamic when in the quran it says things like:

Allaah says about the Muslim woman’s hijaab (interpretation of the meaning): “… and not to reveal their adornment except to their husbands, their fathers, their husbands’ fathers, their sons, their husbands’ sons, their brothers or their brothers’ sons, or their sisters’ sons, or their women…” [al-Noor 24:31]
                Just shows how ignorant the world is getting ustugfirullah!

W'Salaam

Comment

May I ask an ignorant question?

Are punjabis -- the long-sleeved blouse worn over long pants -- considered halal?

I've seen women wear them with a scarf that covers their hair.

This seems like very modest dress to me. (Legs covered to ankles, arms covered to wrists, etc.)

Comment

Originally posted by Cashew

Are punjabis -- the long-sleeved blouse worn over long pants -- considered halal?

This seems like very modest dress to me. (Legs covered to ankles, arms covered to wrists, etc.)
                    halal yes. but gta keep a jilbab over em. and preferbly a niqaab.

Comment

Originally posted by Cashew

If the hair is covered, and the garment does not reveal the shape of the body, and does not have any form of decoration on it (which could attract attention).. then .. it's a hijaab! IF not, then i'm afraid tis not a hijaab and can not be worn..

Comment

YUSUFALI: And say to the believing women that they should lower their gaze and guard their modesty; that they should not display their beauty and ornaments except what (must ordinarily) appear thereof; that they should draw their veils over their bosoms and not display their beauty except to their husbands, their fathers, their husband's fathers, their sons, their husbands' sons, their brothers or their brothers' sons, or their sisters' sons, or their women, or the slaves whom their right hands possess, or male servants free of physical needs, or small children who have no sense of the shame of sex; and that they should not strike their feet in order to draw attention to their hidden ornaments. And O ye Believers! turn ye all together towards Allah, that ye may attain Bliss.
                        PICKTHAL: And tell the believing women to lower their gaze and be modest, and to display of their adornment only that which is apparent, and to draw their veils over their bosoms, and not to reveal their adornment save to their own husbands or fathers or husbands' fathers, or their sons or their husbands' sons, or their brothers or their brothers' sons or sisters' sons, or their women, or their slaves, or male attendants who lack vigour, or children who know naught of women's nakedness. And let them not stamp their feet so as to reveal what they hide of their adornment. And turn unto Allah together, O believers, in order that ye may succeed.
                        SHAKIR: And say to the believing women that they cast down their looks and guard their private parts and do not display their ornaments except what appears thereof, and let them wear their head-coverings over their bosoms, and not display their ornaments except to their husbands or their fathers, or the fathers of their husbands, or their sons, or the sons of their husbands, or their brothers, or their brothers' sons, or their sisters' sons, or their women, or those whom their right hands possess, or the male servants not having need (of women), or the children who have not attained knowledge of what is hidden of women; and let them not strike their feet so that what they hide of their ornaments may be known; and turn to Allah all of you, O believers! so that you may be successful.

YUSUFALI: O Prophet! Tell thy wives and daughters, and the believing women, that they should cast their outer garments over their persons (when abroad): that is most convenient, that they should be known (as such) and not molested. And Allah is Oft-Forgiving, Most Merciful.
                        PICKTHAL: O Prophet! Tell thy wives and thy daughters and the women of the believers to draw their cloaks close round them (when they go abroad). That will be better, so that they may be recognised and not annoyed. Allah is ever Forgiving, Merciful.
                        SHAKIR: O Prophet! say to your wives and your daughters and the women of the believers that they let down upon them their over-garments; this will be more proper, that they may be known, and thus they will not be given trouble; and Allah is Forgiving, Merciful.

YUSUFALI: Such elderly women as are past the prospect of marriage,- there is no blame on them if they lay aside their (outer) garments, provided they make not a wanton display of their beauty: but it is best for them to be modest: and Allah is One Who sees and knows all things.
                        PICKTHAL: As for women past child-bearing, who have no hope of marriage, it is no sin for them if they discard their (outer) clothing in such a way as not to show adornment. But to refrain is better for them. Allah is Hearer, Knower.
                        SHAKIR: And (as for) women advanced in years who do not hope for a marriage, it is no sin for them if they put off their clothes without displaying their ornaments; and if they restrain themselves it is better for them; and Allah is Hearing, Knowing.
                        Therefore the outer garment is important. These days the salwar kameez is form fitting which is completely forbidden! However, if the salwar kameez is loose and made with thick material and you have a veil is covering all the important parts, then you may be able to argue your point! :)
                        Last edited by nami; 24-07-06, 11:49 PM.

Comment

If they dnt wanna listen 2 Allahs word thats upto them. They will answer him not u.

Prophet Muhammad said
                          ..."If a woman reaches the age of puberty, no part of her body should be seen but this - and he pointed to his face and hands"

The women at the time of Prophet Muhammad :saw2: used to have outer garments- the jilbaab (cloak) and khimar (headcover) - which they would don whenever they went out.

That link they gave u, the 1st big..the book written by Jan Goodwin, she makes Islam seem like a chore n headache by saying we have to wake up at dawn for prayer ect. Well Islam is a way of life, we cant jus pick n choose.
                          Oh Allah,
                          Make me want that which is beneficial for me...
                          And make beneficial for me that which I want.

Comment

Sis kurdi muslima...

Really this is one of the simplest things to explain to people because from Islam it is so clear subhanallah.

There is no denying hijaab, it is clear in the qur'aan. So one CANNOT argue against it. I know what you mean, people who have their own intepretations of what it means, say this and that astagfirullah, really just making excuses to continue in their sin. But in every tafsir, and translation of the qur'aan, and from many ahadith, the ruling is clear, hijaab is fardh.

So really it is about talking to these women if you are personally in contact with them, and just explaining to them, with your qur'aan and hadith at hand. If they do not listen,well your job is to convey not convince.

Comment

Originally posted by 1 ummah
                              If the hair is covered, and the garment does not reveal the shape of the body, and does not have any form of decoration on it (which could attract attention).. then .. it's a hijaab! IF not, then i'm afraid tis not a hijaab and can not be worn..
                              So, for Muslims living in places like Northern Europe where it gets quite cold, does a big, long, heavy winter overcoat serve as a hijaab?

What I'm understanding is that term hijaab doesn't describe a specific garment. Is this correct? The chador worn by women in Iran, for example, is also a hijaab?

Comment

Working...
                              X