X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• me - cooking!!!

salaaaam!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

guess watttttt???????

iv started to learn how to coooook!!!! :D woohoo!

me mam showd me today how to make Ghousht.. and on thursday shes gona show me how to make Chooza (chicken) :D then next week inshaAllah i gota do it on me own!!!

Yipee!!!

At last!!!!!!!!!! ;):p:D;)
    Please Re-update your Signature

hmmm... and you're going pakistan soon.... the picture is becoming clearer :p :D ;)
    Take a step into our unique Muslim Montessori school:
    http://campaign.justgiving.com/…/a-…/buildalamiyahschool2015

Donate your sadaqah to help build a Model School for all our children.
    Please watch our school appeal: https://youtu.be/SY819jmCbzw

Text SCHL15 followed by £10 to 70070 and make a difference.
    Please forward this message to help turn this vision into a reality.

The Prophet (SAW) also said, "The believer's shade on the Day of Resurrection will be his Sadaqah." (Ahmad)

‪#‎ChangingEducation

Comment

!oi!
      none of that please!
      the pictures still blurry!:p
      i aint going to pak to get married
      me mum was even thinkin bout cancelling the trip coz me grans goin (works in evil wayz)
      but NO - For the Record... i am not gettin married yet, and definately not from pak
      i decided to learn how to cook
      practically forced me mum to show me!
      im learning now coz im bored all day and i mite aswell fill up sum time to cook for me dad!
      please dont hassle me bout this
      iv had enuf of me sista teasing me!
      i wana learn how to make Ghosht, chicken, tandoori chicken, biryani, daal, and saag by the end of next year. so im starting now!
      think i'l be able to do it?

Comment

Sallaam

Bro Seven, when i was reading the post i was thinking the same thing :D. But as You said sis Sticky, i won't hassle you, i think :p. Its good that you are starting to cook as cooking can be fun . I will give you some advice, start with baked beans on toast then move up slowly :p.

Allah Hafiz

Usmanb (Cooking genius)

Comment

Originally posted by Usmanb
          I will give you some advice, start with baked beans on toast then move up slowly :p.
          yeh started that coupla years back.. :D

when i was reading the post i was thinking the same thing
          gosh!! all u men think about is marriage marriage marriage!!!! :p:D;):p

Comment

Assalamulaikom
            Well sis Sticky that is great you have started learning how to cook. Me well I started this summer and ended learning a few things. I can boil rice now, make tea, alo ki bhajiya , roti and that is it for a while .

Comment

Sallaam

"gosh!! all u men think about is marriage marriage marriage!!!!" Said who :D:D, marriage is a natural progression in life and SOME thought must be given towards it:p. Anywayz, cooking isn't high on my list when it comes to looking for a marriage partner.

~thinks hard~

Actaully yes it is:D

Allah Hafiz

Usmanb (wants to marry a chef, among others ;))

Comment

sis Sticky its great your wish to cook :p good luck and share with us little tips which discovered , from your experience. i can make tea :p good tea
                Last edited by amal; 09-10-02, 06:00 PM.

Comment

Assalaamu alaikum Sticky Peas, If you decide to experiment on any one, offer a mug of herbal mint tea after the meal. This will help to ease digestion.

Comment

http://www.contactpakistan.com/pakfood/chutneyachar/gingerchutney.htm

http://www.contactpakistan.com/pakfo...gerchutney.htm
                    errrr stickypeas?

Comment

Assalamulaikom,
                      A sister asked me a recipe for a quick sauce which is easy to make and can be used with meat and vegetables. I gave her my word that I would ask my friends around so if any sister knows some quick recipe??

Comment

iv done sumthing aweful.........

:(:(:(

iv stopped the whole cooking thing.....

:(:(

Comment

oh no... now you're never gonna get your desi bloke! :p
                          Take a step into our unique Muslim Montessori school:
                          http://campaign.justgiving.com/…/a-…/buildalamiyahschool2015

Donate your sadaqah to help build a Model School for all our children.
                          Please watch our school appeal: https://youtu.be/SY819jmCbzw

Text SCHL15 followed by £10 to 70070 and make a difference.
                          Please forward this message to help turn this vision into a reality.

The Prophet (SAW) also said, "The believer's shade on the Day of Resurrection will be his Sadaqah." (Ahmad)

‪#‎ChangingEducation

Comment

Originally posted by Qurratulain
                            Assalamulaikom,
                            A sister asked me a recipe for a quick sauce which is easy to make and can be used with meat and vegetables. I gave her my word that I would ask my friends around so if any sister knows some quick recipe??
                            Salam sis,

Am new to the cooking realms myself, but here's a sauce I use with beef strips/beef stir fry. It's a northern Chinese dish (Mandarin) which my late mummy taught me :)

you fry up some beef strips. then add approximately 3 heaped teaspoons of potato flour into a cup, equal serving of Kikoman soy sauce and 3 heaped teaspoons of icing sugar. Mix it with a spoon and add a teensy bit of boiled (cold) water if you find it too strong. It's a matter of taste, but I usually don't add much water myself. Just taste it, and see if you like the consistency.

After you've browned your meat, you add this mixture into the fry pan and gradually stir till it thickens. Lastly, add quite a bit of celery which you've thinly sliced and only VERY lightly boiled (ie, you add the celery to boiling water and boil for about a minute). Mix the celery in, but don't cook it.

Lastly you serve this on a bed of boiled rice and it's very, very yummy :)

From my late mother...may Allah bless her sweet soul, amin.
                            If someone praises one of them (the believer), he says, "I know myself better than others [know me], and my Lord is more knowledgeable of me than myself. O Allah! Do not take me to task for what they say, and make me better than what they think of me, and forgive me for those sins which they are unaware of."

Comment

Assalamulaikom,
                              Sis Songbird jazakallah khairun ukhti for your recipe. Am gonna mail it right away to my friend. Seems your mom was a very good cook may Allah(swt) bless her and grant her a wonderfull place in jannah(amin)
                              Thank u
                              cheers

Comment

Working...
                              X