Hayfever..Im dying..*atchoo*

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Hayfever..Im dying..*atchoo*

My doc prescribed me rhinocort which I been sprayin' each night before bed.

Alhumdulillah, must admit its workin'... I requested 3 months supply 'cos I'm runnin' out.

Its also sorted my throat / ear canal pain problems that I been havin' since Ramadhan. :up:

I even stopped takin' citrizine. Jus gotta see how I fare in the summer.
    Rabbana atinaa fidDunya hasanatan wa fil Akhirati hasanatan wa qinaa adhaban Naar

Comment

Important Safety Information

RHINOCORT AQUA (budesonide) is for the treatment of seasonal and year-round nasal allergy symptoms in adults and children 6 years of age and older.

The most commonly observed side effects associated with the use of RHINOCORT AQUA in clinical studies were nosebleed, sore throat, nasal irritation, and cough.

Your doctor may prescribe RHINOCORT AQUA at a dose of 1 to 4 sprays per nostril once daily. Take RHINOCORT AQUA exactly as directed.

Your nasal allergy symptoms may begin to improve within 10 hours after first using RHINOCORT AQUA. In one group of patients that were studied, RHINOCORT AQUA and the nasal spray mometasone furoate both improved nasal allergy symptoms within 8 hours. However, you must continue to take your medication every day, as directed by your doctor. Your nasal allergy symptoms will continue to improve over the first few days, and maximum relief may take about 2 weeks to achieve.
      Rabbana atinaa fidDunya hasanatan wa fil Akhirati hasanatan wa qinaa adhaban Naar

Comment

omg I thought I was the only one who suffered from this:(. I have a bad hayfever too. I take claratin now and it helps alot. I take it every morning when I wake up. I'm not sure if u can get it in the UK, but in america this is the best, safest over the counter medicine for hayfever suffers.

May Allah cure u ukthi, I know what ur going through!:love:
        "It is He who sent to an illiterate people a messenger from amongst themselves, reciting to them His signs and purifying them and teaching them the Book and the wisdom even though before they were clearly in error." [Soorah al-Jumu`ah (62):2]

Comment

Originally posted by BeeBee View Post
          omg I thought I was the only one who suffered from this:(. I have a bad hayfever too. I take claratin now and it helps alot. I take it every morning when I wake up. I'm not sure if u can get it in the UK, but in america this is the best, safest over the counter medicine for hayfever suffers.

May Allah cure u ukthi, I know what ur going through!:love:
          Jazakallahu Khayr

We get claratin, but I think Zirtek is better - 10mg citerzine.

You should get ur doc to prescribe you RhinoCort aqua, its a sinus spray, took care of hayfever allergies as well as sortin' throat / ear pains. :up:

Comment

Here's How Rhinocort works.

How does it work?

Budesonide belongs to a group of medicines known as corticosteroids. Corticosteroids act inside the body's cells to decrease the release of certain chemicals that are involved in the body's immune system, and which initiate an inflammatory reaction. By decreasing the release of these chemicals, corticosteroids help reduce inflammation.

Individuals, who suffer from nasal allergies (allergic rhinitis), such as hayfever, house dust or pet allergy, tend to experience a variety of symptoms due to the inflammatory reaction. Inflammation of the nasal passage is associated with congestion of the nasal tissues and a runny and blocked nose. Other symptoms include sneezing and watery, itchy eyes. Corticosteroids can be used to treat these symptoms. This medicine is given as a nasal spray specifically to prevent the inflammation that occurs due to allergies affecting the nasal passage.

As this medicine is given as a nasal spray, this delivers the budesonide directly to the place where it is needed. When it is used in this way, only a small dose is required and the likelihood of side effects occurring elsewhere in the body is low.

The medicine can take three to seven days to have its full effect and must be used regularly.

Comment

tried and tested treatment for hayfever

eat local honey, (honey which is locally sourced and produced in your region) , and this will make you immune to pollen in your area, inshallah
              muslim sister

Comment

i used to have it all year round :| then i was on clarityn for agesss and it went away alhamdulillah

i still get it occasionally
                Some claim that u are like any one of us, But who can claim, to have visited the Arsh? We say bashr, but respect is also due. For mankind are like rocks, but a pearl are u. U travelled the 7Heavens, and ur eyes did not lie. For Jibril could not pass, but u, O Madani, glided by.

Comment

Happened to me, when i had my maths exam.. flopepd it cuz of the hayfever.. had to do sa retake.. drinks loads and lods of water,. trust me it will cure it..

Comment

does ure gp provide hayfever tablets?
                    they work really well with me..

also, i was told to have a spoon of honey everyday because it contains a small amount of pollen because of the bees etc. and therefore lets ure system build up its ability to deal with pollen as u are actually ingesting it within the honey... just like a herbal vaccination!

also...

Essential oils can help, inhaling them directly from a hankie throughout the day. Oils of lavender, chamomile, peppermint, pine, hyssop and eucalyptus should all be given a go, as it will be a personal thing as to what you can inhale whilst undergoing an attack and also which aromas appeal to your particular sense of smell. Even try combining two or three for variation.
                    Rosewater can help your eyes if they are sore, as can the tincture or the infused herb of eyebright (try mixing the eyebright with the rosewater) and use with an eyebath.
                    Echinacea should be taken throughout the pollen season three weeks on, one week off, to help your system stand up to the attack of the allergen (applies to all allergies) whilst eyebright can also be taken internally for better results, though others find nettle, hyssop or chamomile more helpful. I am afraid it is trial and error as to what works for you.
                    Cut down on dairy products and refined starches as they encourage the production of mucus, which will add to the misery, but step up your intake of Vitamin C. Vitamin C is a natural antihistamine and often helps. Take 1000mg daily but ensure you are taking the full complex complete with bioflavonoid. Garlic daily can also be of great assistance and some find that taking evening primrose oil provides some relief too as can Vitamin B complex.
                    Quercetin complex and the benefits
                    Quercetin

Comment

Originally posted by ibn suleman View Post
                      insha'Allah on the day of judgement, when we see the reward for saying "Alhamdulillah" so many times, it will make the sneezing worth it!!
                      the etiquette of sneezing:

When one sneezes, one should say ALHAMDULILLAH. (Bukhari)

In reply to this, one who hears (the person who has sneezed say Alhamdulillah) should say YARHAMU KALLAH. (Bukhari)

The person who has sneezed must reply by saying: YAHDEE KUMULLAHU WAYUSLIHU BAALAKUM. (Bukhari)

Whenever our beloved Rasulullah sallallahu alayhi wasallam sneezed, he should cover his face with his hands or with a piece of cloth, so that the sound of the sneeze could not be heard too loudly. (Tirmidhi)
                      URGENT!!! your help is badly needed - fundraising for marriage

Comment

Working...
                      X