Wat wud u do....???

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wat wud u do....???

sistaz... i jus wana know... wat wud u do if u were take 2 say pakistan on holiday, and get forced to marry sum1 against ur will.... so u get married to him.. come back home... then wat....?

wat wud u do...?

( and if ur forced to get married againt ur will, and the nikkah takes place... is that really a valid marriage...? )

Please Re-update your Signature

Dear sister,

A marriage contract (nikah) conducted against your will is null and void. In other words forced marriage is Un-Islamic.

And Allah (SWT) knows best.

Comment

CBC (Canada) did a show on an Indian family; "promised" their daughter to an old (rich) man in India (60 ish). During a family visit to India (they live in Canada) she met a guy (23ish) fell in love and got married in secrete.......... Parents ended up having their daughter killed, tried to kill the sonin law but he surived. http://cbc.ca/fifth/main_bride.html
      Last edited by MalcomBanned4?; 24-09-02, 12:30 PM.

Comment

Assalamulaikom Sticky,
        If one ever ends up in such a messed up situation , like doda said the nikkah wont be valid, then I suppose if u dont like him you can take divorce then. If u wanna know what I would do well I aint that good in revolting so I will just give the guy a chance to see how he is. I dont think I will be able to stand up against my family. But me dont need to either since their not like that that they will force me to marry someone
        Next time I ever go to Pakistan I am gonna think twice.;)

Comment

As salaamu 'alaykum wa rahmatullaahi wa barakaatuh

Forced marriages are haraam [forbidden] in Islam. If you are forced to marry someone, without your will, the marriage is not valid.
          :0:

Comment

JazakAllah Khair :)

Comment

i don't think it will be forced marriage in Pakistan.......but more likely an emotional blackmail............shaadi karo warna jao jahan jaana hai....or is that too filmi.

Comment

yeh... i agree with the emotional blackmail thing... that alwayz happens, and the poor gal/guy gets roped in... :(

Comment

my dad once said to me "marry that girl or get out of the house" and i said... "fine!, i'm leaving!" ...yet i'm still in the house :D
                  they threaten you but they don't really want you to go
                  Take a step into our unique Muslim Montessori school:
                  http://campaign.justgiving.com/…/a-…/buildalamiyahschool2015

Donate your sadaqah to help build a Model School for all our children.
                  Please watch our school appeal: https://youtu.be/SY819jmCbzw

Text SCHL15 followed by £10 to 70070 and make a difference.
                  Please forward this message to help turn this vision into a reality.

The Prophet (SAW) also said, "The believer's shade on the Day of Resurrection will be his Sadaqah." (Ahmad)

‪#‎ChangingEducation

Comment

Sallaam

Sticky, if my family tried to force me to marry someone (which they wouldn't, I don't think so anyway :D) they would no about my opinions. In my family i am known as the one who always says what he feels regardless of the situation. Also i don't take like being treated like an idiot. So if they tried i sould simply walk away, even if its in front of everyone. However, MY, you raised a good point about emotional blackmail.

As i am a male there is less emotional blackmail on males than there is on females. If a male declines its seen as being Ok, however, if a female declines it can turn into a sign of disrespect for parents.

My Umigee says to me "usman Shadi Kurlo, Uchi larki Hai" My Response is "Agar itni achi larki ai pir aap usea shadi karloo". My family knows that i have another 8-10 years of being a bachelor before i even consider the "m" word :D.

Allah hafiz

Usmanb (Dedicated bachelor)

Comment

wow, lol
                      :p

with my parents im quite safe, im going to pakiland in december inshaAllah, and even tho im at a 'marriagable' age my parents wudnt even cosider me gettin married off, coz firstly i iz the youngest, and gotta wait 4 me older sis to get hitched first. secondly i cant cook or do household duties effectively so thats another point on my side ;) and lastly my parents want me for longer lol, since i'l be the only one left they wana keep me :)

so its cool. On top of that my parents have given allowed me a choice in who i wana marry :) ... they also dont like the whole process of marrying sum1 within the family from 'back home' and then bringin em here...

so i iz a happy woman, alhamdulilah
                      :D

Comment

Sallaam

Sticky, sounds like you have understanding parents. Its funnt that you mention that you are going to Pakistan later this year becuase the females who travel to Pakistan near the end of the year nearly always end up getting hitched. Anyway, a choice is always good, a bit like going shopping.

Allah Hafiz

Usmanb (Looking at my Ferrari)

Comment

Originally posted by Usmanb

Its funny that you mention that you are going to Pakistan later this year becuase the females who travel to Pakistan near the end of the year nearly always end up getting hitched.
                          No chance of that happening....!! (inshaAllah) ;)

(Looking at my Ferrari)
                          WOW!!!!
                          Tell me about it!!!!

Comment

Sallaam

Sis Sticky, My Ferrari Hey? In actual fact i have no Ferrari, let alone a car. However, my plans are to be a millionaire before i am 21, that would be about 5 months away. When i tell people my idea they laugh, however Inshallah i think i may get there, Underline the MAY part.

When i do become a millionaire Inshallah, 1st thing i am going to do is Umrah, then start to invest etc etc. Anyways, i best stop before people start to think that i am a looney (Woops, too late :D).

Allah Hafiz

Usmanb (Selling his patented idea)

Comment

wow! im intriguied...... how u plannin on doin that.... and..... are u seriously serious????

Comment

Working...
                              X