X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Is marijuana Haram?

Originally posted by Mo_123 View Post
    in the old days...sufi scholars used to smoke weed

lets not get started on the wrongs of the sufis.

bring back PAGAL LADOOOO:up:

Comment

Originally posted by ammarhaq View Post
      of course thats true, this should be proof enough. the prophet, to my knowledge, ever smoked weed. but at the same time why woudl he when he has a huge frikin mission to undertake. he had to save the world!!

" smoke weed? weed is something that makes you outta of your mind. "

this is the kind of ignorance i am always confronted with when i ask someone this question. u have no proof that it makes u out of ur mind becuase i have the proof that it does not. im not talking about websites, my friend is a doctor and i asked him to give me medical reports on marijuana. nothing bad is said about it, - except asthma related issues.

what r u wathcing reefer madness??
      This isn't complete ignorance. What your doctor friend says is irrelevant - there are countless peer-reviewed scientific papers detailing studies that show a link between cannabis use and

psychosis
      schizophrenia
      Problems with memory and learning
      Loss of co-ordination
      Impairment of the immune system
      Depression
      Personality changes
      reproductive disabilities

So I suggest you look up those papers for the evidence you need, unless your doctor can come with evidence or research disproving all those papers, there's no point listening to him.

Most of the evidence the legalisation lobby use is based on flawed science.
      ...sermons from this minbar come with tongue planted quite firmly in cheek.

"Let your boat of life be light, packed with only what you need -
      a homely home and simple pleasures, one or two friends,
      worth the name, someone to love and someone to love you,
      a cat, a dog, and a pipe or two, enough to eat and enough to wear,
      and a little more than enough to drink; for thirst is a dangerous thing."

-- Jerome K. Jerome
      (Three Men in a Boat)

Comment

The idea that anyone would try to ut forward the idea that 'hash' is ok and not haraam is amazing - absolutely amazing subhanullah, the audacity to suggest that "Muhammed SAW didnt do so because he had a frikin mission he had to save the world!" in a hope that somehow it implies "he would if he could" (Naudhibillah) is unbelievable and you should make serious tawbah for your comments.

Regardless of thinking of it as a drug, and regardles sof trying to defend cigarettes or cigars - one has to think of what these things do not only to health and mind - but the social effects of it as well.

Drugs themselves are one of the biggest contributions to the breakdown of someone's life - the addiction one builds up to consume such things gets bigger and bigger - and whats even worse is that they'll fool themselves into thinking they'll eventually stop, and subhanullah they (almost) never do, in fact they do even more and open that gateway to thinking it may be ok to do other such haraam things.

Medical studies (which I will eventually find Insha'allah and post) have proven that marijuana, or 'hash' or 'weed' or cannabis or whatever drug that is green and is smoked with a rizla and stinks unbelievable - will result in mental illness by the time that person reaches his or her late 30s.

Nevertheless, ask yourself, where on earth would you have to be and who would you have to hang out with to be inflicted with such an influence to consume such filth? Rappers talk about this stuff as if its their medicine and they cant do without it. Drugdealers make thousands from the stuff for selling it to the loser who needs to get his or her kick after a hard day of work or to teenagers that think it will help them in their philosophy exams.

Subhanullah - this causes change in the mind, just like alcohol does by making someone drunk and fueling emotions, so does this - don't defend it by saying "yeh but i can stil walk fine, i can still drive fine, i can still read fine" when I'm high, because that is absolutely irrelevant - the fact of the matter is is that it causes a dramatic change in one's feelings towards their surroundings, whether it relaxes them a lot or makes them extremely paranoid, both fall under the same defintion of involuntary mind change.

Heed this warning whoever you are, and make serious tawbah - do not ever continue your days consuming such filth, unless you feel you have the power as the pathetic human being you are to outsmart or argue against The Almighty, The Wahaab, The Rahman Au Raheem, Allah SWT. Close your ears from the Shaytaan who is taking you for a fool like he always does with every other sinner.
        Last edited by muhammed_1428; 27-02-08, 09:44 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by extempers View Post
          The deviant sufis also danced around circles and called it worship, so let's be real.
          I never said that I agreed with them. I was only stating the facts. I don't think anyone should be smoking marijuana or using any drugs.

Comment

I have a question for everyone here and everyone who did it, know yourself:

1) The word used in Islam is Khamr. Khamr is not "intoxicant". Khamr means wine/alcohol. The word "intoxicant" is a poor and misleading translation. I am not saying this makes Cannabis ok, but just that the translation is poor and that there is NO Qura'anic reference to Cannabis directly.

2) You say it is a waste of money/time, but this is the equivalent of playing playstation. I wouldn't call it 7araam. Taking an excessively long shower is a waste of time and water. I wouldn't call it 7araam because sometimes you need to release tension in this way. Yes, there are other ways and better ways. But if you have done your duties and you have time, then whatever you do is a waste. Even oversleeping. Whoever has done even one of these things has wasted time.

3) You say that there are medical conditions, but this is from abuse of cannabis. An occasional smoker will not have ANY medical condition from it EVER. If a lot of it is 7araam, then a little of it is 7araam. If that is the case, what about water? Should I show you how drinking too much water kills? Therefore it is 7araam to drink too much water, so shoujld drinking a little water be 7araam? You must exercise this brain that Allah provided you with.

4) You say it intoxicates the mind, but this is an uneducated view. If it intoxicates the mind then tell me when was the last time that someone resorted to violence due to the effects of marijuana or hashish? The only violence that comes from it is from the poor and uneducated people who are led to sell drugs by force and end up getting killed. It is without a shadow of a doubt in my mind that marijuana is not more 7araam than cigarettes but Alcohol is WAY more 7araam than marijuana.

Have you ever wondered why so many countries have legalized alcohol but criminalized marijuana? Although alcohol is addictive and causes death and violence, but marijuana does no such thing?

I am not stating here that marijuana is perfectly fine, but please don't be blinded by the Western society that has blinded us to think that marijuana is a drug, while alcohol is less of an intoxicant. I tell you right now the reason why marijuana is the viewed the way it is viewed is because the lobbyists in the United States are invested in major alcohol companies, while if marijuana became popular, alcohol sales would suffer and their profit would go down. Through this influence they have changed the world's views and the perception about marijuana.

Have you never wondered why all drugs are chemical in nature but marijuana is a plant? Yet we call them all drugs? That God created cannabis from the soil of this earth but a scientist created crystal meth and panadol in his laboratory? Have you ever heard of someone dying from marijuana? the answer is NEVER a direct relation. But there are so many people who die from panadol and sleeping pills all the time - drugs that can be purchased from the pharmacy.

Marijuana is 7araam. However, it is NOT a drug. It does NOT create violence or death. It does NOT create addiction. More importantly, it is NOT filled with chemicals and such.

The only problem of Marijuana is that when abused, it makes you lazy. Same as drinking too much water. Same as eating too much food. You should know how to control it.

The other problem is that it is illegal. If it is legal and sold to adults who are LICENSED and the market is regulated strictly by the government and it is confined OUTSIDE family areas... It can be much better quality (no medical concerns) and the people who regulate it can EDUCATE people about it and the profit from marijuana will not be in the hands of criminals, it can go to more useful places. Right now, criminals are making something like 100-200% profit on drugs. In a regulated market, that profit can be taken out of the hands of criminals and they will be gone.

But till this day, people prefer that alcohol is legal and 7araam, but marijuana is soooo illegal and soooo 7araam. We have been blinded by those people who are interested in the profit of alcohol. Now we are suffering from the problems of alcohol. Night clubs. Indecent and loose women. Traffic accidents, violence, black money.
            Please Re-update your Signature

Comment

Originally posted by muhammed_1428 View Post
              The idea that anyone would try to ut forward the idea that 'hash' is ok and not haraam is amazing - absolutely amazing subhanullah, the audacity to suggest that "Muhammed SAW didnt do so because he had a frikin mission he had to save the world!" in a hope that somehow it implies "he would if he could" (Naudhibillah) is unbelievable and you should make serious tawbah for your comments.

Regardless of thinking of it as a drug, and regardles sof trying to defend cigarettes or cigars - one has to think of what these things do not only to health and mind - but the social effects of it as well.

Drugs themselves are one of the biggest contributions to the breakdown of someone's life - the addiction one builds up to consume such things gets bigger and bigger - and whats even worse is that they'll fool themselves into thinking they'll eventually stop, and subhanullah they (almost) never do, in fact they do even more and open that gateway to thinking it may be ok to do other such haraam things.

It is not a drug and it is PROVEN not to be addictive. You have been led to beleive this by Kuffaar. If you are unable to control yourself then speak of yourself. Don't generalize everyone into your weakness. If it is not a drug and it is not addictive, then stopping it is easy and this has been proven.

Medical studies (which I will eventually find Insha'allah and post) have proven that marijuana, or 'hash' or 'weed' or cannabis or whatever drug that is green and is smoked with a rizla and stinks unbelievable - will result in mental illness by the time that person reaches his or her late 30s.

Please post these because I do not believe that they exist. I do not smoke myself, but I know many people who have been smoking since 15, and few of them keep smoking till they are 30 and those who do are FAR from mentally ill. Please provide some sort of unbiased proof of your claim. I will suggest to you that if out of 100 researches, 1 agrees with you then it is negligible. However, also note that you can't use research where it suits you then say that research is wrong where it doesn't suit you.

Nevertheless, ask yourself, where on earth would you have to be and who would you have to hang out with to be inflicted with such an influence to consume such filth? Rappers talk about this stuff as if its their medicine and they cant do without it. Drugdealers make thousands from the stuff for selling it to the loser who needs to get his or her kick after a hard day of work or to teenagers that think it will help them in their philosophy exams.

You are absolutely wrong here. You must admit that you are far from the truth. For example, you can be in the mountains in Belgium to do this. You can be in a forrest. You can be doing anything. The problem is that, when it is made illegal, you have to buy it from bad sources.

Subhanullah - this causes change in the mind, just like alcohol does by making someone drunk and fueling emotions, so does this - don't defend it by saying "yeh but i can stil walk fine, i can still drive fine, i can still read fine" when I'm high, because that is absolutely irrelevant - the fact of the matter is is that it causes a dramatic change in one's feelings towards their surroundings, whether it relaxes them a lot or makes them extremely paranoid, both fall under the same defintion of involuntary mind change.

Do not generalize. In itself, high people can drive but drunk people can't. There is a clear difference here. You can not deny the implications of this fact. The smell of a rose intoxicates a female and relaxes her mind. Is it the same? You must establish some degree of difference.

Heed this warning whoever you are, and make serious tawbah - do not ever continue your days consuming such filth, unless you feel you have the power as the pathetic human being you are to outsmart or argue against The Almighty, The Wahaab, The Rahman Au Raheem, Allah SWT. Close your ears from the Shaytaan who is taking you for a fool like he always does with every other sinner.

I ask that you come down from your high throne. If you are offering advice, then dress it as advice. If you are showing disgust then state your purpose. Your tone is superior in nature and you are not someone to make these judgements. The problem is that you see yourself as the decider of who is arguing for and who is arguing against Allah. Make tawbah on your judgemental ways and if you seek to provide your opinion/advice, then do so in a way so that the younger members of the board are open to accepting it. They will not accept your advice if you are speaking down to them - or have you forgotten that they are brothers and sisters side by side with you?
              Please Re-update your Signature

Comment

Please post these because I do not believe that they exist. I do not smoke myself, but I know many people who have been smoking since 15, and few of them keep smoking till they are 30 and those who do are FAR from mentally ill. Please provide some sort of unbiased proof of your claim. I will suggest to you that if out of 100 researches, 1 agrees with you then it is negligible. However, also note that you can't use research where it suits you then say that research is wrong where it doesn't suit you.
                Anecdotal evidence, and my anecdotal evidence is the opposite.
                The effects vary user to user.
                Sure, I know a bunch of stoners who are fine (some of them 40+, and smoking every day since they were teenagers).
                I also know several people who have experienced mental illness from smoking marijuana.
                With all of them it started off as a social phobia and mild paranoia and deteriorated from there (with the ones that continued smoking).

It is not a drug...
                How is it not a drug? It's clearly an intoxicant. If you are heavily stoned you just can't perform the same complex tasks and the effects on memory and learning are obvious. Why do you smoke it, if not for the effect? ...as for being a plant, so is opium, peyote, datura, ahayuasca, hawaian baby wood rose, jimson weed, mushrooms (psilocybin, mescaline) etc
                "I shall be telling this with a sigh. Somewhere ages and ages hence: Two roads diverged in a wood, and I -- I took the one less travelled by, And that has made all the difference."
                ~ Robert Frost, The Road Not Taken

Comment

Originally posted by Al-Nasser View Post
                  Ammar....do u smoke hash?
                  If u feel hash is fine would u feel ok about praying while stoned?
                  :rotfl:
                  I am Bangladeshi and I recognize Palestine as the #194 country

Comment

Originally posted by GuCcI View Post
                    nice girls dont smoke
                    Nice boys shouldn't smoke either.

I used to be a chain smoker. Now I'm a non-smoker, therefore I'm far nice! :D

Comment

However, it is NOT a drug.
                      Of course it is. A substance that changes the away your body works is a drug.

Comment

Originally posted by Mohammed_123 View Post
                        And? what some no name supposed sufi that lived in the past did really has no effect on the shariah.

"The `Aalim knows who is a Jaahil, because he used to be a Jaahil before. But the Jaahil does not know who is an `Aalim, because he was never an `Aalim before."

Imaam Ibn Taymiyyah Rahimahullaah in Majmoo`ul Fataawaa.

Comment

this is surely a joke ...? thread should be closed.
                          Coffe and a slice of your finest cake :-)

Comment

Originally posted by Mohammed_123 View Post
                            Please prove with some historical evidence.
                            Worship only the CREATOR, HE is One and HE is the SUSTAINER of the Universe. Do not worship any of HIS creations nor through HIS creations

Comment

Some fakirs in mazar (this obsession with graves in the Indian sub-continent) still smoke a lot of weed.

Comment

Originally posted by Hekmaa View Post
                                Anything that takes a person out of his/her sense is Haram.[/SIZE]
                                What does that mean? In how you experience senses? Why, with weed, it has actually opened my mind to how other people see things. What is wrong with peace and love or perspective?

Anything that causes harm to a person is Haram.
                                While it is true smoke is harmful, a vapourizer or vapourized THC is harmless.

Anything that is a waste is Haram.
                                Considering for some people it is their most creative point (not for all, some are pretty lazy, and some are more creative without it. It all depends on your maturity, like anything, such as sugar intake. Sugar is harmful, is it haram? What about coffee?
                                Last edited by Batou; 04-07-08, 09:07 PM.

Comment

Collapse

Edit this module to specify a template to display.

Working...
                                X