Is marijuana Haram?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Is marijuana Haram?

It doesnt intoxicate anything, it's a plant that is ised to treat tumors amd cancers and in some cases releive pain, though there isn't much proof to what they say.

Comment

Originally posted by amir2e View Post
      It doesnt intoxicate anything, it's a plant that is ised to treat tumors amd cancers and in some cases releive pain, though there isn't much proof to what they say.
      Bro, many brothers have been there before with the arguments of "a little is good for you", "it helps you relax", "it's not an intoxicant", "Muslims wore clothes made from hemp", "it helps me understand Qur'an better" etc etc - The fact is, it bogs the mind down and intoxicates.

The solid resin is laced with chemicals, rubber, bin liner etc. Strong strains of bud can bring out psychological problems! Not too mention the side effects of psychological addiction, memory loss, slowed response, damage to lungs
      SPREAD OF EVIL
      ZIONISM
      BOLLYWOOD

Comment

Well I have been reading this and trying to make my mind up on the subject. I now feel compelled to add a reply in the hope that it will help at least one person on the fence.

Around 2 years ago I considered trying weed, I had a quick search online to see what people were saying on the subject. Now, quite simply, when you're in this position you often only really pay attention to things people say which confirm what you want to hear. For instance, if you decide you love the look of a new product, perhaps expensive and unnecessary, you may only pay attention to the good reviews and may ignore the other bad ones, in an attempt to justify your purchase. In my opinion this is true when you have a desire to smoke weed. After all alcohol is pretty clearly forbidden, so it would be great if we could find that actually weed is permitted, and then have the experience to be high.

So anyway, I did convince myself to smoke it. At first I didn't smoke that much, it then eventually escalated until I was smoking alot. I was lying to my parents, it was getting in the way of my studies and I became obsessed, perhaps even 'addicted' to the feeling of being high. Dont try and tell me it does not intoxicate you, as simply put there is no way around the fact that it does! Even if it is different to being drunk, when you are high you know for sure that you are intoxicated.

I kept telling myself it was okay, but deep inside you sort of know it isn't really. I would pray, say dua for Allah to ensure I was always a good muslim and to enter me into heaven... and then after rushing through this I would go smoke weed. Well Allah answered my dua, and some bad things starting happening to me as a direct result of getting high, namely I was loosing my friends. So even after this began to happen I was not strong enough to stop smoking as I simply loved it too much, but eventually after a few months of deteriorating relationships and mental health (I was paranoid and borderline schizophrenic) I did finally stop smoking allhamdoo Allah before it got even worse.

So now I have found myself in a position where I am deliberating smoking weed again, so I have been reading this forum today to see what people were saying. Now, people were making some very good points on both sides, and I was really stuck as this time I have tried to have an open mind, as apposed to just looking for people saying what I wanted to hear. I prayed 2 rakkah stikhara and keep saying 'a3ootho bika min al shaytan al rigeem' and asking Allah to keep me on the 'khat al mostakeem'. I wanted to find an answer as I was hoping to smoke tonight, I even tried convincing myself I had glaucoma and I needed the weed! Well despite reading some good points, when I really look inside of me I just know that it's not halal. Try and imagine people performing hajj, and getting high between isha and fajr.

Please, if you are unsure yourself, please just pray 2 rakkah stikharah and simply ask Allah. What does your instinct tell you, because I imagine deep down you think it is not really allowed too. Remember too to keep an open mind, you might just be reading the 'in favour' comments, but do not do this and you're only fooling yourself. I don't mean to patronise, but bear in mind this is the internet after all, anyone can claim to be anyone/anything and say what the please.

To sum up, in my opinion weed is haram. At the end of the day it makes you high, and no matter how you spin it this is being intoxicated and clouding your mind. It may not always but it can do damage to you, I cant speak for the physical damage but it can damage your mental health for sure. You should not be justifying what is made haram by explaining why in fact it is not because of x y z. When Allah says something is haram, that does not mean it is up for debate. We must agree that weed intoxicates you. We can also agree that intoxicants are haram in Islam. Common sense and instict should also be telling you that you shouldn't really be smoking weed.

Another note to other muslims who are promoting the idea that weed is not haram. You have chosen to interpret Islam how you want and have made the decision that you will smoke weed. I'm sure you will acknowledge that you cannot be 100% confident that you are right and you may actually be wrong, and are going against Islam. With this in mind, I suggest to you that you do not try convince others that weed is not haram, for if in fact it is, you will I'm sure be held responsible for leading others down the wrong path.

Brothers remember, this worldly life is but a minute fraction of what we will experience in the here-after insha Allah. When we are resurrected we will remember this life as but a dream. Bear this mind when considering whether or not weed is haram.

Comment

Originally posted by Hekmaa View Post
          I am more suprised at who was asking, then what was being asked.

Anything that takes a person out of his/her sense is Haram.

Anything that causes harm to a person is Haram.

Anything that is a waste is Haram.

Marijuana, dobe, coc, speed, hash, ice etc are all haram, for all the above three reasons.

Cigars, Cigarretes, Chilam, Pipe etc are Haram because the are a waste of your money, and they harm your body.

i dont no much about this subject but i no that wen u smoke marijuana that u dont lose all ur senses completely and that u still feel things around u and u talk to people normally and that is after u finish smoking it, but in the first 5 min after finish smoking u would act a little strange that people would realize that u were high. so would that make it halal because u did not lose ur senses

Comment

↑It's haram totally, bro. Don't go there. :insha:
            Secure few moments, everyday, to reflect upon the innumerable blessings of Allah and thank Him for bestowing them upon you.

"A person who is blessed with the ability to be grateful, shall never be deprived of barakah and increase in blessings."
            - Rasulullah (صلی اللہ علیہ وسلم)‎

Comment

:salams

Hm, I see. I was just wondering what the Islamic view is, but now I understand. Not that I was planning to do drugs..
              just curious.

Comment

Originally posted by extempers View Post
                The deviant sufis also danced around circles and called it worship, so let's be real.
                lol

Comment

Collapse

Edit this module to specify a template to display.

Working...
                X