Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Is marijuana Haram?

What's worse : alcohol or marijuana ?
    "Closer and closer to mankind comes their Reckoning: yet they heed not and they turn away" (21:1)

" How can the one who chooses a hour of Haraam pleasure, above the eternal pleasure of Jannah, ever be considered as sane? "
    -Ibn Al Qayyim

Beneficial Database of Islamic Books and Media: www.Islamhouse.com
    Interested in Islam : www.islamreligion.com ; www.islam-guide.com

Comment

Originally posted by gilbert View Post
      To end my discussion, Marijuana is not harmful for you. I have done hours of research on the topic, and I've watched tons of documentaries both for and against marijuana. Most everything negative about marijuana was debunked with further research.

Open your mind guys, marijuana will make you feel closer to Allah as well. I was pretty much turning atheist at one point, but after smoking, I came to the realization that everything is controlled by Allah, and he is the creator of all.

Feelsgoodman.jpg
      :rotfl:

Forgive me Gilbert for being a little insensitive but your post is pretty good evidence that cogent argument and marijuana really don't go well together.

ps. Medicinal use itself isn't an argument to legalise a substance. Lots of substances have legitimate medical uses but are illegal for recreational use. Similarly lots of substances may be haram but are permitted to save a life. None of that makes it recreationally legal or halal.
      ...sermons from this minbar come with tongue planted quite firmly in cheek.

"Let your boat of life be light, packed with only what you need -
      a homely home and simple pleasures, one or two friends,
      worth the name, someone to love and someone to love you,
      a cat, a dog, and a pipe or two, enough to eat and enough to wear,
      and a little more than enough to drink; for thirst is a dangerous thing."

-- Jerome K. Jerome
      (Three Men in a Boat)

Comment

Originally posted by Hekmaa View Post
        Anything that is a waste is Haram.
        really???

Comment

no

Comment

Originally posted by truth_be_told View Post
            no
            You signed up to say that?
            Secure few moments, everyday, to reflect upon the innumerable blessings of Allah and thank Him for bestowing them upon you.

"A person who is blessed with the ability to be grateful, shall never be deprived of barakah and increase in blessings."
            - Rasulullah (صلی اللہ علیہ وسلم)‎

Comment

Originally posted by Al-Farooq View Post
              There's no need to apologise, I actually enjoyed most your post, it was rather well-written and your passion for the deen is palpable masha'Allaah.

Learn to focus that passion and you'll be golden insha'Allaah. Personally, I love a dose of controversy with my cornflakes, but polemical statements are never wise if you lack the necessary knowledge to support, explain and expand upon your position.

:salams
              2:105. ...Allah chooses for His Mercy whom He wills. And Allah is the Owner of Great Bounty.
              So if you wish, continue to put your faith and trust in your so called "scholars".
              In Allah let believers put their trust.

Comment

Originally posted by .mirror. View Post
                You signed up to say that?
                I did not mean that. i just signed up and was experimenting

Comment

Originally posted by truth_be_told View Post
                  2:105. ...Allah chooses for His Mercy whom He wills. And Allah is the Owner of Great Bounty.
                  So if you wish, continue to put your faith and trust in your so called "scholars".
                  In Allah let believers put their trust.
                  What are you talking about?
                  What's that suppose to mean..."so called scholars"?
                  Alhamdulillah! These scholars are the ones who help us understand the Quran and hadiths.
                  Secure few moments, everyday, to reflect upon the innumerable blessings of Allah and thank Him for bestowing them upon you.

"A person who is blessed with the ability to be grateful, shall never be deprived of barakah and increase in blessings."
                  - Rasulullah (صلی اللہ علیہ وسلم)‎

Comment

Originally posted by a-a-adila!. View Post
                    Bismillah ir-Rahman ir-Rahim

So. This appears to be a heated topic. I'm all heated up anticipating what kind of reply will spill out of fingers...

I'm a New Revert. I'll preface my reply with that, however damaging/redeeming. It happened Officially in August.

:alhumdull

This is a heated but IMPORTANT topic. One of the main things I have noticed, as a revert with no Cultural Influence Disguised As Islam, is how culture/popular opinion have become as Islamic as Islam to some. Astaghfirullah.

I'll give an example: learning Salah. I didn't have anyone to go to in order to ask about it, so I was stuck reading books/looking online. There are SO many ways one is Supposed To Offer Salat. This strikes me as representative of the current state of most of the information out there that professes to be Islamic. I won't get into it, but it is also my OPINION that the prevaiing interpretations of Sharia leave a lot to be desired... or could use a going-over with a Big Black Marker. That's another thread...

Islam is So Simple. The Qur'an is So Simple, Straightforward. It is beyond me how anyone could live with themselves, astaghfirullah, when declaring what Allah (swt) has created for us to be HARAMHARAMHARAM when it clearly states in the Qur'an that whosoever does this to the beautiful things he has given us is

A Few Verses From The Qur'an...
                    (translated by Shaikh Muhammad Sarwar; not sure if the verse #s are spot on)

Bismillah ir-Rahman, ir-Rahim...

6:116-118 - "(After having revealed the Qur'an to you) in all Truth and justice, your Lord's word has been completed. No one can change His words. He is All-hearing and All-knowing.

Most of the people in the land will lead you away from God's guidance if you follow them; they only follow their own conjectures and preach falsehood. Your Lord knows best those who have gone astray from His path and those who are rightly guided."

6:141-142 - "Those who foolishly and ignorantly murdered their children, ascribed falsehood to God and made unlawful what He had given to them for their sustenance, have certainly lost much. They had gone far away from the right guidance."

16:117-118 - "(Unbelievers), do not follow whatever your lying tongues may tell you is lawful or unlawful to invent lies against God. Those who invent lies against God will have no happiness. (Such an invention) will bring only a little enjoyment but will be followed by painful torment."

Our beautiful, complete, perfect Path which we have been given between the covers of a book has been corrupted. We have been led into the haram, arrogant role of attributing things to Allah (swt) that come sinfully from our own mouths.

Allah (swt) prohibits al-khamr. 'Khamr' means wine, according to the sources I read that aren't also discussing the Qur'anic verses. I am not fluent in Arabic. This needs to be pointed out.

True story... after reverting to Islam, and learning enough Arabic to pray/exclaim/etc., I got stoned. I'm not ashamed of that. I am a native English speaker and the words flowed from my tongue in a way that I didn't think I was prepared for. Turns out I was. I got stoned and walked to the window, praising our creator... I looked up, and in just the right place in the sky hung the biggest moon I had ever laid eyes on. Turns out it was the closest the moon had been to the Earth for 15 years. I got stoned and felt the urge to correct my horrible posture.

I think it is indicative of how our Ummah holds itself as-is (which I think we can all admit is not where we would like it to be someday, insha'Allah) when I read so many people, so reluctant to challenge/make waves in the Popular Islamic Opinion. We should trust that Allah (swt) has given us the Perfect Way and not take it upon ourselves to add onto it.

People Are Different. Some people don't want to smoke marijuana. Some people don't want to perform tahajjud. Some people don't like dates. Since we know what is excessive/ill-intentioned is haram, it is safe to say that this applies to marijuana, food, sleep, music.

I know I have said a few(!) things many people may not agree with me on.

If you took the time to read what I spent a chunk of time researching/writing/admitting, thank you.

I guess I should also add that I feel strongly about this topic because I feel strongly/am extremely thankful for the insights I have had due to a simple plant. These insights, it is not trivial to point out, are part of what led me to Islam. Most notably, understanding that All Is One (tawhid). This was before Islam; when I learned that this is what Islam is all about, man...

ALLAHU AKBAR
                    In the name of Allah, the Beneficient, the Merciful.
                    Assalam alaikum brother
                    new to the religion, yet you laid it out more intelligently than most of the peps on this topic. Alhamdullilah. sure Allah bestows His bounty upon whom He wills.

Comment

Originally posted by RazielTemp View Post
                      marijuana is an Intoxicant, so are Fags,

as per the Glorious Quran, Intoxicants are Haraam, and described as the Handiwork of Shaytaan.

it doesn't matter what other people may say, Allah Tabarak Wata'ala says they are Haraam, end of.

:jkk:
                      In the name of Allah, the Beneficient the Merciful.
                      Peace brother,
                      Be carefull of you claim if you don't know 100%
                      This is the truth from our Lord;
                      So eat of the lawful and good food which Allah hath provided for you, and thank the bounty of your Lord if it is Him ye serve. (114) He hath forbidden for you only carrion and blood and swineflesh and that which hath been immolated in the name of any other than Allah; but he who is driven thereto, neither craving nor transgressing, lo! then Allah is Forgiving, Merciful. (115) And speak not, concerning that which your own tongues qualify (as clean or unclean), the falsehood: "This is lawful, and this is forbidden," so that ye invent a lie against Allah. Lo! those who invent a lie against Allah will not succeed. (116) A brief enjoyment (will be theirs); and theirs a painful doom.

Comment

Originally posted by SoldierOfDeen View Post
                        May Allaah Guide the ones who are so full of ignorance that they think Marijuana is Halal. It is a drug, it is an intoxicant. The poster above answered this question. Why its on page 7?

I am sick of email notification with this topic - all the jocks who like to blaze up and lie to their souls its ok, good luck to you!

Allaah says in the Quran that the Hypocrites find every word against them, and also says Allaah DAMN them!

Can everyone report this topic and lock it as a sticky. It is Haram end of. We have reverts who come into light and we misguide them with these debates - I doubt half of these brothers / sisters get up for fajr!
                        In the name of Allah, the Beneficient the Merciful.

This is the truth from our Lord;

And speak not, concerning that which your own tongues qualify (as clean or unclean), the falsehood: "This is lawful, and this is forbidden," so that ye invent a lie against Allah. Lo! those who invent a lie against Allah will not succeed. (116) A brief enjoyment (will be theirs); and theirs a painful doom. (117)

Comment

Alhamdulillah! These scholars are the ones who help us understand the Quran and hadiths.
                          In the name of Allah, the Beneficient, the merciful.

Peace

Really!!!!! are these same scholars that adamantly disagree with each other on various topics in Islam????
                          Really!!!!! the same scholars who have caused division in the religion???????
                          Really!!!!! the same scholars who may have succeeded in keeping many muslims away from the truth, ...by claiming that the Holy Quran is complicated and hard to understand, and they are the only ones who can explain it.?????
                          but verily it is Allah Himself who gives understanding of the quran. and verily even Him, Him Alone is sufficient as the only One who gives guidance to the truth.
                          so once again, ... let believers put their trust in Allah.

" He it is Who hath revealed unto thee (Muhammad) the Scripture wherein are clear revelations - they are the substance of the Book - and others (which are) allegorical. But those in whose hearts is doubt pursue, forsooth, that which is allegorical seeking (to cause) dissension by seeking to explain it. None knoweth its explanation save Allah. And those who are of sound instruction say: We believe therein; the whole is from our Lord; but only men of understanding really heed. (7)"

Comment

In the name of Allah, the Beneficient the Merciful

If there were therein gods beside Allah, then verily both (the heavens and the earth) had been disordered. Glorified be Allah, the Lord of the Throne, from all that they ascribe (unto Him) [Sura 21.22].

Comment

What about waterpipe? Is waterpipe haram? lol :P
                              The upper hand (the one that gives) is better than the lower hand (the one that takes).

Comment

asalamalakum brothers and sisters

i have tried to find the answer to my question, but couldnt find it. my question is if i smoke weed, little or large amount, when is the next time i can pray? are my prayers not accepted for 40 days?

Comment

Collapse

Edit this module to specify a template to display.

Working...
                                X