Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Is marijuana Haram?

Originally posted by jamal1 View Post
    I often experience anxiety and panic attacks and have tried various prescription drugs to cure it but they haven't helped. I've heard that smoking small amounts of marijuana can calm a person mentally and physically. My question is if its okay to smoke marijuana as a medicine if it was obtained as a prescription from a doctor? From experience i know its okay in Islam to take prescription medication if it has ingredients which would normally be considered haram (such as gelatin that hasn't been aquired from halal sources). So maybe if marijuana is taken just to aid ones health after trying other things then it would be okay?
    Try stopping the weed altogether and those panic attacks will soon dissappear after a month or too. Make sure you are getting enough sleep aswell.
    SPREAD OF EVIL
    ZIONISM
    BOLLYWOOD

Comment

Weed is an intoxicant therefore automatically classifies itself as haram, however cigarettes on the other hand because it clearly damages your health that would also make it haram. Naming cigarettes as an intoxicant would be quite raw but never the less cigarettes and all types of products damaging to the health would be haram.

Allah knows best
      What can my enemies do to me? I have in my breast both my heaven and my garden. If I travel they are with me, never leaving me. Imprisonment for me is a chance to be alone with my Lord. To be killed is martyrdom and to be exiled from my land is a spiritual journey.

Shaykh-ul-Islaam Ibn Taymiyyah

Comment

Originally posted by MoMo_- View Post
        IF its for a medical reason, where the good outweighs the bad then you are allowed to smoke it. But smoking for fun or jus to get "high" is haraam.
        Note intoxicants is not just hamr (alcohol) it’s something that takes your mind away whether good or bad for you its haram!
        What can my enemies do to me? I have in my breast both my heaven and my garden. If I travel they are with me, never leaving me. Imprisonment for me is a chance to be alone with my Lord. To be killed is martyrdom and to be exiled from my land is a spiritual journey.

Comment

Allah has clearly banned the use of intoxicants in the Quran

In surah al maeda (chapter 5 verses 90-91)

90. O you who believe! Intoxicants and gambling, (dedication of) stones, and (divination by) arrows, are an abomination,- of Satan'shandwork: eschew such (abomination), that ye may prosper.

91. Satan's plan is (but) to excite enmity and hatred between you, with intoxicants and gambling, and hinder you from the remembrance of Allah,and from prayer: will ye not then abstain?

Comment

• AW: Is marijuana Haram?

yes, it is haram,
            do not use drugs, it is terrible!
            stay clean and cool.

Comment

Obviously marijuana is haram, maybe not in the same way as alcohol but the question I have is does it make you napak - as in can one still do salah the next day (without being under the influence)?

Comment

Originally posted by akhtar983 View Post
                Obviously marijuana is haram, maybe not in the same way as alcohol but the question I have is does it make you napak - as in can one still do salah the next day (without being under the influence)?
                Yes you can make salaah the next day.

"The `Aalim knows who is a Jaahil, because he used to be a Jaahil before. But the Jaahil does not know who is an `Aalim, because he was never an `Aalim before."

Imaam Ibn Taymiyyah Rahimahullaah in Majmoo`ul Fataawaa.

Comment

I can't believe some of the things people are saying about Marijuana. I've done many drugs and I've drank alcohol plenty of times, and from everything I have done, Marijuana is the only one I can say is not haram, but I will not say it is halal either.

I'll start with my life experiences

Alcohol - very dangerous, it makes you lose complete sense of your body and mind, you will act without thinking, and it is an obvious major sin. May Allah forgive me for drinking alcohol. What a brother explained earlier about Alcohol pretty much being like spinning in circles until you vomit and black out is pretty accurate. I completely understand why alcohol is haram. You really have no control when you are drunk.

Cocaine - you feel great on it, but you build a tolerance on it. It makes you feel a lot better than marijuana, but it is also very dangerous. Cocaine can kill you if abused.

Ecstasy - Euphoria for 6-7 hours straight, you do lose your senses and everything is great with it. Obvious reason for it being haram.

LSD/Mushrooms - Very long high, can OD, spiritual experience, but once again you lose your senses.

Marijuana - 1-2 hour high, complete sense of control, exaggerated appreciation for the smallest things. Yes, I can drive, I can talk normally, I can read, write, perform in my classes, etc.

Marijuana is not harmful contrary to popular belief. It does not kill your brain cells, rather it protects them. Think of marijuana putting a barrier around your brain cells preventing them from being destroyed. The reason that people believe it kills your brain cells is completely false, the research done that proved it was done horribly. They took monkeys, SUFFOCATED them with marijuana smoke, I'm talking smoke from 50 joints at once, and assumed that it was the marijuana smoke killing the monkeys and their brain cells. Wrong, it was the fact that the monkeys were not getting any OXYGEN which killed their brain cells.

Marijuana does not cause cancer in humans. Marijuana does have carcinogens, don't get me wrong, but those carcinogens do not affect us at all. Sure, they'll kill lab rats, but not humans. People who say that marijuana causes cancer, you are wrong.

Marijuana is not worse than cigarettes. Cigarettes have MAN-MADE chemicals that hurt you, and nicotine that causes you to get addicted. Whoever says that smoking Marijuana is like smoking 5 ciggs is an idiot, no disrespect.

Marijuana is not addicting. Your body doesn't need marijuana. It has no properties that will make you physically addicted to it. Sure you can want it psychologically, but it isn't one that will make you go out of your way to obtain. Quitting is easy. Taking breaks is easy. You will not turn into a drug addict smoking marijuana. Marijuana rehabilitation centers are the biggest scams on Earth.

Marijuana cannot kill you. There has never been one reported incident where Marijuana has killed a person. Prove to me that there has, and I will revoke this statement.

Marijuana does not intoxicate your mind. Alcohol intoxicates your mind, marijuana opens it. Alcohol will cause you to do crazy and stupid things, you don't make that same mistake with marijuana. You are in full control when you're high.

Marijuana doesn't cloud your judgement. I'm actually getting kind of mad at people who think you can't think clearly on Marijuana. The best time to reflect on your life is when you are smoking marijuana. You don't reflect with emotion, but with common sense instead.

Marijuana will not ruin your life. Obama and Clinton have both smoked Marijuana, they were/are both Presidents. Once again, there is no dependency on the plant.

Marijuana does not make you hallucinate. It's a psychoactive plant, not a hallucinogen. Whoever thinks you see things on marijuana is an idiot, no disrespect.

Marijuana does ruin your Short-Term memory, TEMPORARILY. If you stop smoking, it will go back to normal.

Marijuana helps with many diseases. Many have been stated, but one that was missed is ALZHEIMERs. Studies have shown that people susceptible to alzheimers who smoke MJ will develop alzheimers at a later rate than people who do not smoke marijuana.

From everything I have tried in my life (may Allah forgive me), Marijuana is the only 'drug' that I can say is not haram. Even reading this thread, the people who think it is haram have no real experience with marijuana. I've always been one for experiencing things before I define it as haram.

I've stopped drinking and I've stopped taking almost every drug altogether (even tylenol), but I can't say no to MJ. I'll have a joint every weekend, and I never feel like I'm sinning because Allah has put this plant to help us.

Obviously, I won't make salah under its influence, you should only do that when you're sober. But saying that it is haram is completely ignorant.

Btw- the only reason it is illegal in America is because the blacks used to smoke it back in the 1930s. It was made illegal due to RACIAL reasons. And the reason it spread around the world is because the US pretty much controlled the UN and with false propaganda caused people to believe it is harmful for you.

To end my discussion, Marijuana is not harmful for you. I have done hours of research on the topic, and I've watched tons of documentaries both for and against marijuana. Most everything negative about marijuana was debunked with further research.

Open your mind guys, marijuana will make you feel closer to Allah as well. I was pretty much turning atheist at one point, but after smoking, I came to the realization that everything is controlled by Allah, and he is the creator of all.

Feelsgoodman.jpg
                  Last edited by gilbert; 09-10-10, 08:29 PM.

Comment

Moderation is key, all this talk about it being an intoxicant is false, thc is already present in your brain, alcohol and nicotine aren't. Anything taking to an extreme is bad for you, even water. Moderate don't hate

Comment

Imaam Shurunbulaali Rahimahullaah (the author of Nurul Idhaah) states that smoking is completely and utterly haraam, not makrooh tahrimi, but haraam.

"The `Aalim knows who is a Jaahil, because he used to be a Jaahil before. But the Jaahil does not know who is an `Aalim, because he was never an `Aalim before."

Imaam Ibn Taymiyyah Rahimahullaah in Majmoo`ul Fataawaa.

Comment

Assalamualaikum fellow brothers and sisters.

i am a bit ashamed to see the knowledge of my fellow Muslims here on Cannabis. Just because it was banned by United States of America.

I see two kinds of people here, One includes Stoners themselves, and Two are the biased close-minded so called Muslims.

My mother has Multiple Sclerosis http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Multiple_sclerosis

The amount of painkiller she took , in the long run has taken a toll on her liver and kidney. But good news. there is a better medication. with less side effect. which is made out of Cannabis. Its called Sativex (you don't smoke it, no she can not smoke anything at all, do a bit google. its in Spray form). She's in better condition now. Now she doesnt have to take 10 different types of painkillers or inter-muscular fluid.

And for your information my father is a Doctor.

I have never taken Cannabis/hemp. But i have done extensive re-search on this plant. So far what i've found is, in the last 150 years You've all been fed lies.

I am the third kind, Who believes in Signs and Science.

[offtopic]

No Doubt Muslims are not ruling this world. How could they.... when they do not seek knowledge. We did not rule the world with sword only... but with knowledge. and i don't know how you are going to gain this knowledge under a system like this. Most of you are under a system which runs on corruption and lies.

Peace.

about Cigarette : More people died from smoking Cigarette than All these combined which includes War, Famine, Disease, Accidents of all sort.
                        Last edited by Rafat; 02-12-10, 08:01 PM. Reason: info

Comment

i think everyone in here who is making statements and saying there are facts proving this and that is doing something haram, especially the people who comment first by saying they haven't done this but heard or someone told them. what most people on here are saying are their own opinion and not actual facts. and everything about studies is false. studies are false. "studies" are usually a rumor made by a certain group of people or company to benefit themselves. just like advil says that studies have proven that tylenol is worse for you meanwhile tylenol says that studies have proven that advil is worse for you. and you cant rely or even bring up scientific evidence. because science also says that there is evolution. now as for weed being haram or not, i have been tryin to figure that out for ever but can never get a satisfying answer. many people say it is haram but give me false reasons to why such as it leads to haram things etc. and i also have people who say its not haram because it helps with pain, the spread or certain diseases etc. i do smoke it. and am not convinced that it is haram, tho i still dont know. and please dont reply regarding this unless you know what your talking about, i dont need ignorant opinions from people who dont have any research and only follow what they've heard

Comment

i think everyone in here who is making statements and saying there are facts proving this and that is doing something haram, especially the people who comment first by saying they haven't done this but heard or someone told them. what most people on here are saying are their own opinion and not actual facts. and everything about studies is false. studies are false. "studies" are usually a rumor made by a certain group of people or company to benefit themselves. just like advil says that studies have proven that tylenol is worse for you meanwhile tylenol says that studies have proven that advil is worse for you. and you cant rely or even bring up scientific evidence. because science also says that there is evolution. now as for weed being haram or not, i have been tryin to figure that out for ever but can never get a satisfying answer. many people say it is haram but give me false reasons to why such as it leads to haram things etc. and i also have people who say its not haram because it helps with pain, the spread or certain diseases etc. i do smoke it. and am not convinced that it is haram, tho i still dont know. and please dont reply regarding this unless you know what your talking about, i dont need ignorant opinions from people who dont have any research and only follow what they've heard

Comment

Originally posted by Rafat View Post
                              Assalamualaikum fellow brothers and sisters.

i am a bit ashamed to see the knowledge of my fellow Muslims here on Cannabis. Just because it was banned by United States of America.

I see two kinds of people here, One includes Stoners themselves, and Two are the biased close-minded so called Muslims.

My mother has Multiple Sclerosis http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Multiple_sclerosis

The amount of painkiller she took , in the long run has taken a toll on her liver and kidney. But good news. there is a better medication. with less side effect. which is made out of Cannabis. Its called Sativex (you don't smoke it, no she can not smoke anything at all, do a bit google. its in Spray form). She's in better condition now. Now she doesnt have to take 10 different types of painkillers or inter-muscular fluid.

And for your information my father is a Doctor.

I have never taken Cannabis/hemp. But i have done extensive re-search on this plant. So far what i've found is, in the last 150 years You've all been fed lies.

I am the third kind, Who believes in Signs and Science.

[offtopic]

No Doubt Muslims are not ruling this world. How could they.... when they do not seek knowledge. We did not rule the world with sword only... but with knowledge. and i don't know how you are going to gain this knowledge under a system like this. Most of you are under a system which runs on corruption and lies.

Peace.

about Cigarette : More people died from smoking Cigarette than All these combined which includes War, Famine, Disease, Accidents of all sort.
                              you sound like you know what you're talkin about, so please dont leave us hanging, finish what you started talking about. is it not haram?? and why?

Comment

Originally posted by a guy View Post
                                blah blah blah

You, sir, have the greatest screen name EVER.
                                "He who passively accepts evil is as much involved in it as he who helps to perpetrate it. He who accepts evil without protesting against it is really cooperating with it."

Martin Luther King, Jr.

Comment

Collapse

Edit this module to specify a template to display.

Working...
                                X