Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• are brothers emotional?

Asalama alaykum

my title maybe a lil misleading, i ask because my bro said something a while back, thru a conversation he said "emotions are for the weak" i replied "quit lying emotions are not things we control"

love was mentioned and he laughed i then said "your the type of man who laughs in the face of love, but believe me one day some sister will have u sprung, i have a PHD on men like u"

he laughed again and repeated his signiture mark EMOTIONS ARE FOR THE WEAK.

do brothers here agree with him?
    i dont, my brother though appears strong serious firm and what not, i know is a big softy when it matters, he denies this. but proves me right often

few weeks ago i was kicking it in north london so was not at the family home i was gone for like 3 days, my phone rings its my bro

here is how our conversation went

Bro "damn u answered your phone quickly waiting for a call are we ? desperado"

Quest "loool calm your hype, am in a car and my phone vibrated had to answer quickly because it was annoying"

Bro "Um yeah ...where are you?"

Quest " naz's "

Bro "when are u coming home?"

Quest "why do u miss me?"

Bro " lol pls my rooms getting messy u know!"

Quest "your funny, when do i ever clean ur room, u never let me in there?"

Bro "come home soon"

he then hangs up

lol this guy is just weird, its clear he missed moi! yet he will never admit to his feelings about anything, i know for a fact he missed me, he only calls when he does.

i turned 22 on wednesday (may 10th) because i never make a fuss about my birthday, not only do i forget it, some of my family do 2.

8am wednesday morning i got a text from my bro now, very brief all he said was "Happy Birthday :_)"

i remember rubbing my eyes smiling then going back 2 bed.

i dont believe men are not emotional i believe they just are experts at hiding it.

what do folks think?
    Last edited by Quest; 13-05-06, 02:41 AM.
    " Whoever abandones jihad in order to be safe from fitnah, then he has already fallen into fitnah that is a result of doubts in his heart, sickness of his mind and his abandoning jihad that Allah ordered him!" Ibn Taymeeyah r/a

Re: are brothers emotional?

Brothers are emotional aye..some hide it better than others...however i think sometimes its for the better..especially in marriage.

Comment

yes i agree, but why go to extremes when hiding it and what does aye mean?

is it pronounced as I?
      " Whoever abandones jihad in order to be safe from fitnah, then he has already fallen into fitnah that is a result of doubts in his heart, sickness of his mind and his abandoning jihad that Allah ordered him!" Ibn Taymeeyah r/a

Comment

LOL :D aye means yes and is pronounced as " I "

:p :p :D

Sis its just a hard thing to explain. Sometimes u need some1 who can hide their emotions well to give other loved ones hope and so on..

ie i remember..this young lass across the Rd died in her sleep..her father was sooo distraught...and it took the son to remain strong for all of them..didnt shed a tear in front of no1..once things died down ya kno i heard the brother wept in solitude in his own time...sometimes u gotta hide ur emotions or let them out in solitude in hope of keeping others on their feet.

Comment

thats not hard to understand, i was like that when my dad died, didnt cry infront everyone, took most of the responsibility signed his death certificate, made sure people stuck 2 the sunnah during the funeral (that was hard considering my family)

i understand where u are coming from, when crying in solitude i find comfort, in public u kinda feel like u are bringing everyone down, hate bringing my mood around folks.

Comment

Aye well most men have to be like tht in many situations...cus majority of women..when they see men from their household break down..automatically it will bring the women down also and make em go

Comment

Originally posted by Emelianenko
              Brothers are emotional aye..some hide it better than others...however i think sometimes its for the better..especially in marriage.
              I dunno about marriage but yes ofcourse brothers are :inlove: emotional.

I'll leave our sentimental 'in touch with his/her emotion and femanine side' brother/sister Ms. Emela :hidban: deal with it from here, she seems to know a lot more about this subject. ;)
              Please Re-update your Signature

Comment

[email protected]

oh abu maryam u dropped yourself in it emel is a HE "aye" :D

Comment

Originally posted by Abu' Maryam
                  I dunno about marriage but yes ofcourse brothers are :inlove: emotional.

I'll leave our sentimental 'in touch with his/her emotion and femanine side' brother/sister Ms. Emela :hidban: deal with it from here, she seems to know a lot more about this subject. ;)
                  Believe me bro in marriage ;) i feel its best to hide ur emotions where u feel its best tht way..otherwise the Mrs ends up going more :wacko: than urself. The wife always has her ups and downs emotionally and always look for tht shoulder and comfort to turn to...if u let ur emotions out also LOOL...ur asking for trouble :p

Comment

Originally posted by Quest
                    [email protected]

Nah hes just being a smartass :p

he wont be when he gets a wedgy :p

Comment

Believe me bro in marriage ;) i feel its best to hide ur emotions where u feel its best tht way..otherwise the Mrs ends up going more :wacko: than urself. The wife always has her ups and downs emotionally and always look for tht shoulder and comfort to turn to...if u let ur emotions out also LOOL...ur asking for trouble :p
                      :salams

i think its best to share your emotions....otherwise i know id so feel like i was burdening him the whole time...

Comment

Originally posted by RaNdOm

i think its best to share your emotions....otherwise i know id so feel like i was burdening him the whole time...
                        Im not saying totally block her out..but little stuff..which one can hide..if its major then aye its her right to know also..but sumtimes women end up getting more freaked out dan u and take tings on a next level.

Comment

Im not saying totally block her out..but little stuff..which one can hide..if its major then aye its her right to know also..but sumtimes women end up getting more freaked out dan u and take tings on a next level.

nah my husbands gonna tell me everything inshaAllah :p

Comment

Originally posted by Quest
                            [email protected]

See we're not to sure about our sis. Emela. :confused:
                            Dude that all nice and well but I really dont wanna hear all that- I deliberately run away from and avoid marriage threads for a reason. :D
                            Nah hes just being a smartass :p

he wont be when he gets a wedgy :p
                            Typical sister talk. ;)
                            Please Re-update your Signature

Comment

:rotfl: :rotfl:

AbuM i take it uve been mistook for a sister many times tht uve had to state under ur name ur defo not a sis :rotfl: :rotfl:

Comment

Working...
                              X