Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Looking like a brother

salaams my brothers and sisters in islaam, i hope you are all well,

i really need some help in how our brothers should dress as in the sunnah of the prophet, beards, clothing, wearing gangsta stuff etc...i would love it if anyone has any ahadith on this issue for unfortunatly all our books are geared towards sisters at home lol...i would like to know whats permissable whats not...etc...as in Modesty for males...etc...cause all the articles i find on the net are geared towards women...is this character being neglected by half of our ummah...or do we just feel its less imp...your comments would be truly appreciated...and it would be great if any brothers could explain it from a male point of view....

Jazak Allahu Khairan...may Allah shower you all with mercy and forgiveness....
    The look, the smile, the nod of the head the warmth of the bed.

STAY AWAY FROM FREE MIXING ITS HARAAM

Re: Looking like a brother

errr.. i thought u is a sis :scratch:
    “The great Imam ash-Shafi’, he went to his teacher Waki`
    Complaining about the weakness of his memory.
    He told him, ‘abandon rebellion, for knowledge is a light
    And the light of Allah is not bestowed upon a rebel.”

Comment

Originally posted by bint
      errr.. i thought u is a sis :scratch:
      LOL i am i need it for an article im writing and i am totaly stuck and its due in 2moro...and i hate it i want to re do it...thats why...its dedicated to my brothers in coll...u see...they always have articles about the hijaab for women etc...i thought its about time we dedicate an article to the brothers thats all...

Comment

Originally posted by elefantebianco
        LOL i am i need it for an article im writing and i am totaly stuck and its due in 2moro...and i hate it i want to re do it...thats why...its dedicated to my brothers in coll...u see...they always have articles about the hijaab for women etc...i thought its about time we dedicate an article to the brothers thats all...
        wa Alaykom as-Salaam wa-Rahmatullaahi wa-Barakaatuh

Would you please in'shaa'ALLAH check out Islam Question and Answer website www.islam-qa.com

Comment

u see...they always have articles about the hijaab for women etc...i thought its about time we dedicate an article to the brothers thats all...
          I c I c u'll prolly find that because Hijab is fardh upon women. Insha'Allah ur intentions are good for this article and not feminism creepin thru

Your attitude could send you to heaven your attitude could send you to hell

https://youtu.be/j3DSSQfuRVE

Comment

salaams my brothers and sisters in islaam, i hope you are all well,

i really need some help in how our brothers should dress as in the sunnah of the prophet, beards, clothing, wearing gangsta stuff etc...i would love it if anyone has any ahadith on this issue for unfortunatly all our books are geared towards sisters at home lol...i would like to know whats permissable whats not...etc...as in Modesty for males...etc...cause all the articles i find on the net are geared towards women...is this character being neglected by half of our ummah...or do we just feel its less imp...your comments would be truly appreciated...and it would be great if any brothers could explain it from a male point of view....

Jazak Allahu Khairan...may Allah shower you all with mercy and forgiveness....
            "Whoever Imatates A Nation He Is Of Them"

I Just Forgot In Which Hadith Kitaab It Is In.

So These Brothers Should Start Dressing And Looking Like Muslims.

"The `Aalim knows who is a Jaahil, because he used to be a Jaahil before. But the Jaahil does not know who is an `Aalim, because he was never an `Aalim before."

Imaam Ibn Taymiyyah Rahimahullaah in Majmoo`ul Fataawaa.

Comment

Originally posted by MalikOne
              I c I c u'll prolly find that because Hijab is fardh upon women. Insha'Allah ur intentions are good for this article and not feminism creepin thru

Comment

Originally posted by abu musab
                "Whoever Imatates A Nation He Is Of Them"

I Just Forgot In Which Hadith Kitaab It Is In.

So These Brothers Should Start Dressing And Looking Like Muslims.

jazaaak my brother...thats the only point i want by the will of Allah to put across in this article..i will try and find the hadith source....

May Allah reward you with janat al-firdous...

Comment

jazaaak my brother...thats the only point i want by the will of Allah to put across in this article..i will try and find the hadith source....

May Allah reward you with janat al-firdous...
                  Ameen Wa Iyyaki Ukhti.

"The `Aalim knows who is a Jaahil, because he used to be a Jaahil before. But the Jaahil does not know who is an `Aalim, because he was never an `Aalim before."

Comment

btw how do "gangstas" dress?? :confused: If ur on about trakkies etc my 46 yr old uncles wears trakkies and im pretty sure he aint tryna imitate gangstas

The clothes do not define the person in todays day and age.

You see a person in a Jubah doesent necessarily mean he is Muslim maybe its because he comes from Arabia. You see someone in Sharwar Kameez its not an indication as to whether he is Muslim. I think actions and things that are made Fardh and Wajib upon us show if we are Muslim to an extent.

If you dress like a jew does then yes you are one of them...if u dress like a christian does..u are one of them...but how do jews,christians dress in todays day and age?? (Apart frm tha preists, rabbis etc.)
                    Last edited by MalikOne™; 10-05-06, 11:15 PM.

Comment

btw how do "gangstas" dress?? :confused: If ur on about trakkies etc my 46 yr old uncles wears trakkies and im pretty sure he aint tryna imitate gangstas

You see a person in a Jubah doesent necessarily mean he is Muslim maybe its because he comes from Arabia. You see someone in Sharwar Kameez its not an indication as to whether he is Muslim. I think actions and things that are made Fardh and Wajib upon us show if we are Muslim.
                      The Same Can Then Be Said Concerning The Beard.

Christians Grow Beards So Does That Mean We Must Stop Growing Beards?

The Sikhs Wear Turbans So Does That Mean We Must Stop Wearing Turbans?

This Is Not An Attack On You Akhi So Dont Think Of It That Way.

Comment

The Same Can Then Be Said Concerning The Beard.

Christians Grow Beards So Does That Mean We Must Stop Growing Beards?

The Sikhs Wear Turbans So Does That Mean We Must Stop Wearing Turbans?

This Is Not An Attack On You Akhi So Dont Think Of It That Way.
                        No but it is Wajib upon us to have a beard..so we dont have a choice. Im talking about clothes here...ive only read about modesty guidelines..by wearing trousers does not mean u are imitating kafir..by wearing trakkies it doesnt mean u are imitating kaafir...by wearing jeans it does not mean u are imitating kaafir etc
                        Last edited by MalikOne™; 10-05-06, 11:20 PM.

Comment

No but it is Wajib upon us to have a beard..so we dont have a choice. Im talking about clothes here...ive only read about modesty guidelines..i havent read about how a muslims should dress.
                          What About The Turban?

Comment

You see a person in a Jubah doesent necessarily mean he is Muslim maybe its because he comes from Arabia. You see someone in Sharwar Kameez its not an indication as to whether he is Muslim. I think actions and things that are made Fardh and Wajib upon us show if we are Muslim to an extent.

If you dress like a jew does then yes you are one of them...if u dress like a christian does..u are one of them...but how do jews,christians dress in todays day and age?? (Apart frm tha preists, rabbis etc.)

OMG...its u...i didnt relaise the first time i jst saw the pic and thought it was a sis...no akhi..this is so not an attack on u or anyone...i jst feel that our brothers should like brothers...and so i wanted to present an argument as to why you should...

as for gangstas...well to me that...an attitude as well as the attire...but...i feel that we seem to forget that we should be Ambassodors of islam, both brothers and sisters...and to do this...we must look like muslims..thats all...

It really isnt a feminist rant...bt i dunno...if i will print it...if thats going to be the attitude...for i do really not want to offend you but remind you...as some brothers did with me when i wore erm...hw should i put it...a very modern scarf...for what ever reason i did it...but certain brothers...told me etc...i was just returning the favour...

lets forget the idea of it being dressing like gangstas...or punks or whatever else...so for that generalisation i do apologise....
                            Last edited by elefantebianco; 10-05-06, 11:24 PM.

Comment

What About The Turban?
                              Did Rasoolullah :saw: tell us to wear Turbans? If :saw: did can u find tha hadith pls.

Comment

Working...
                              X