How important is money to you?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How important is money to you?

How important is money to you in your life? In providing you a sense of security and lifestyle.

Now I'm sure a lot of people worry about their financial situation, especially when their moving from depending on their parents, to being independent financially (e.g. students, having just graduated, sometimes with debts), to when a person loses his job, to when you get married and are required to provide for your family and no longer just yourself, etc.

Sometimes you think life would be much easier if you had a lot of money etc. I think the lifestyle many of us live in the west, (e.g. bills for electricity/Gas/Water, Mortgage/Rent, Clothes/Food, Telephone/Mobile, etc) can end up increasing the worry etc.

Now I know we all know that we should always rely on Allah (SWT), but unless you have very very strong Iman, worries, anxieties do eventually seep into the mind.

P.S. I saw a similar topic on another forum, so thought it would be interesting to see what responses we get here. Some other question the member asked was:
    Especially here in the U.S., its so hard to live a happy life without being financially secure...maybe I am bias because alhamdulillah I grew up in a very well to do household and I never had to really worry about money...but now that I am nearing the "working era" of my life, I'm starting to think about it alot more...little things can eaasily add up...like being able to take trips to visit family or relax, being able to buy nice things without worrying, sending kids to nice schools, etc. etc. etc...and I don't mean wasteful spending either...these are all pretty normal things in our daily lives which we HAVE to have money in order to enjoy

soo is it wrong to think money is this important? Is it okay to want to pursue a job that pays extremely well? Can happiness, wealth, and most importantly security in the hereafter easily be acheived with this kinda lifestyle?

- Is it wrong to think money is important?
    - Is it okay to want to pursue a job that pays extremely well?

Also for guys who are wanting to get married, many sisters are looking for brothers who are financially secure, therefore this also adds as a worry/anxiety to those brothers who are trying to achieve a financial stability so they can get married.
    Please Re-update your Signature

Re: How important is money to you?

Originally posted by greenwater

Also for guys who are wanting to get married, many sisters are looking for brothers who are financially secure, therefore this also adds as a worry/anxiety to those brothers who are trying to achieve a financial stability so they can get married.
    She take my money when I'm in need
    Yea she's a trifflin friend indeed
    Oh she's a gold digga way over town
    That dig's on me

(She did me wrong
    Now I aint sayin she a gold digger (When I'm Need)
    But she aint marryin wit no broke brothaz
    (She did me wrong)
    Now I aint sayin she a gold digger (When I'm need)
    but she aint marryin wit no broke brothaz

There is no nobility in anyone who lacks faith.

The wise man knows that the only fitting price for his soul is a place in Paradise.

Comment

Originally posted by Al-Irhaab

That dig's on me

(She did me wrong
      (She did me wrong)
      huh?

Well, the only financial thing im worried about right now is to pay off my tuition fees for uni...that's about it...

Money is obviously really important to me but not too much of a concern cause i've never been held responisible (yet) for the financing in my household. Alhumdullilah i have parents who are able to pay off most my needs. The only thing im hanging on right now is my tuition fees...therefore i got myself a job to pay it off inshaAllah.

Yes i agree my parents do get into debts at times...but it just comes and goes like for every family...alhumdullilah Allah SWA finds a way for every need through duas.:)

"You can't separate peace from freedom because no one can be at peace unless he has his freedom."
      -- "Prospects for Freedom in 1965," speech, Jan. 7 1965, New York City (published in Malcolm X Speaks, ch. 12, 1965).

Comment

its aite, but if ur married , its a problem.

as a wise bruther once said... "mo' money mo' problems"
        "Closer and closer to mankind comes their Reckoning: yet they heed not and they turn away" (21:1)

" How can the one who chooses a hour of Haraam pleasure, above the eternal pleasure of Jannah, ever be considered as sane? "
        -Ibn Al Qayyim

Beneficial Database of Islamic Books and Media: www.Islamhouse.com
        Interested in Islam : www.islamreligion.com ; www.islam-guide.com

Comment

That dig's on me

(She did me wrong
          (She did me wrong)
          How Sad.. :scratch:
          - Inna Ma'iya Rabbi Sayah Deen -

Comment

Originally posted by ur_yusra
            How Sad.. :scratch:
            :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:

Money is a problem when u make it ur PURPOSE of life.

Comment

God, I hate money.

Comment

She take my money

Note:the grammatical mistake^^^

Comment

i eat, sleep, and dream money. I spend most of my time thinking of new plans to become rich

i'd choose money over my family anyday
                  Some claim that u are like any one of us, But who can claim, to have visited the Arsh? We say bashr, but respect is also due. For mankind are like rocks, but a pearl are u. U travelled the 7Heavens, and ur eyes did not lie. For Jibril could not pass, but u, O Madani, glided by.

Comment

Originally posted by MMS
                    i eat, sleep, and dream money. I spend most of my time thinking of new plans to become rich

i'd choose money over my family anyday
                    Money OVER FAMILY how could you??????????? and where does your religion come into your daily routine?????

Comment

Originally posted by alburaq
                      Money OVER FAMILY how could you??????????? and where does your religion come into your daily routine?????
                      i was being sarcastic :(
                      Some claim that u are like any one of us, But who can claim, to have visited the Arsh? We say bashr, but respect is also due. For mankind are like rocks, but a pearl are u. U travelled the 7Heavens, and ur eyes did not lie. For Jibril could not pass, but u, O Madani, glided by.

Comment

Sarcasm is the way of the Kaafir, ASTAGHFIRULLAH...

Then again, I walk around with the Queen's face in my back pocket, how Halaal is that... :D

Comment

Originally posted by greenwater View Post
                          How important is money to you in your life? In providing you a sense of security and lifestyle.

Now I'm sure a lot of people worry about their financial situation, especially when their moving from depending on their parents, to being independent financially (e.g. students, having just graduated, sometimes with debts), to when a person loses his job, to when you get married and are required to provide for your family and no longer just yourself, etc.

Sometimes you think life would be much easier if you had a lot of money etc. I think the lifestyle many of us live in the west, (e.g. bills for electricity/Gas/Water, Mortgage/Rent, Clothes/Food, Telephone/Mobile, etc) can end up increasing the worry etc.

Now I know we all know that we should always rely on Allah (SWT), but unless you have very very strong Iman, worries, anxieties do eventually seep into the mind.

P.S. I saw a similar topic on another forum, so thought it would be interesting to see what responses we get here. Some other question the member asked was:

Money is a very important thing to me. I don't think my live would be better with more money but my fear would be lack of money. Lived a part of my life with little to no money and seen my parents suffer for lack of money. And I am a male therefore money is one thing that I do worry about because I have to take care of my future wife (when I get married inshallah) and things are expensive in UK

Comment

ENOUGH money is important to me

to be able to feed our family, send them to school, clothes them and keep a roof over their head

thats all that matters.

we don't need to take holidays every year, we don't need designers and flash cars and huge birthday parties, we don't need to send them to the top universities and private schools.

just enough so that we can enjoy life without having to struggle because the stress of not being able to feed your children naturally puts a big dent on your family. its just better to live a life of ease but this does not mean you need millions to do so. which is why i just ask for enough - not too much, not too little.

Comment

Originally posted by Al-Irhaab View Post
                              That dig's on me

(She did me wrong
                              (She did me wrong)
                              typical male.

Comment

Working...
                              X