No announcement yet.

How far does 'free mixing' in uni go???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: How far does 'free mixing' in uni go???

Well I go to uni and I always studied in mostly male only classes and alhamduillah I have never had any problems. One has to set limits within which u mix or talk to someone and people respect u for it and no one tries to bother. I uni i think mostly educated mature guys come so u dont have many problems. If someone says salaam I think as muslims arent we obligated to answer?I dont see all this fear of if u only return salaam or talk to someone just work related only its suddenly free mixing/its gonna lead to fitna or u suddenly will fall in love
    As for men having alterior motives is not entirely true. I have seen if u dont wish to get bothered no one tries to either. I usually have to work with men in groups and we do exchange numbers. But that is in emergency only if something has happened or they cant show up etc suddenly that it is used. Else no one ever bothered me or doesnt try to either. You have to set ur own limits and be strong than no matter where u go or whom u work with u will pass the test insha allah.
    Man knows so much yet does so little...

Comment

: Re: How far does 'free mixing' in uni go???

is that coolness?
      back and in effect?
      .لا نريد زعيما يخاف البيت الإبيض
      نريد زعيما يخاف الواحد الأحد
      دولة الإسلامية باقية

Comment

[B]I dnt like talking 2 manz I only really talk to one git @ uni, he doing same degree n most of the same modues as me... I don't like it wen bearded bros look our way (cos im hijaabi n the uni fellow I know is muslim but not bearded)... HE AINT MY MAN & I do not date :up:
        Oh Allah,
        Make me want that which is beneficial for me...
        And make beneficial for me that which I want.

Comment

Some muslims free mix and some do not but i feel the majority are involved in free mixing at different levels. Islamically we are allowed to help others from the opposite sex with problems and limited interaction is allowed.
          However some muslims that even includes those girls with hijaab talk very freely with the opposite sex. However in front of their parents they are not able to talk with confidence with these boys/girls even for things which are permissible?
          Please Re-update your Signature

Comment

Re: : Re: How far does 'free mixing' in uni go???

Originally posted by AbuMubarak
            is that coolness?
            back and in effect?
            assalamulaikom,
            yes she is back for a while:)
            Man knows so much yet does so little...

Comment

Re: : Re: How far does 'free mixing' in uni go???

Yeah replying a salaam is not wrong, you can just say wa alaykum salam and keep on walking by. Plus we dnt have to take it the wrong way just cos a brother says salam he does not necessarily want to marry you or something. Kind of reminds me of one of those Hamza Moin jokes. Anyway shouldn't you try n think the best of ur bros maybe they are giving salaam due to the fact that salaam is the right of a Muslim and they dnt wnt to neglect that. It's true they dnt hav to salaam a girl, but sometimes I think we should just accept it as the Islamic greeting that it is, reply it and move it, not get offended or take it as a chat up line.
              .: Rufaida :.
              .:Fa Firroo Ila-llaah:.
              http://s61.photobucket.com/albums/h6...th_Silence.jpg
              People praise you for what they suppose is in you,
              but you must blame your soul for what you know is in you.
              ~ Ibn Atallah

Ramadan Activities for Children
              <button id="tw_schedule_btn" class="tw-schedule-btn" style="padding: 4px 6px;position: absolute;left: 141px;top: 840px;background-color: #F7F7F7; background: linear-gradient(#FFF, #F0F0F0); border: 1px solid #CCC; color: #5F5F5F; cursor: pointer; font-weight: bold; text-shadow: 0 1px #FFF; white-space: nowrap;border-radius: 3px;font-size: 11px; display: none; z-index: 8675309">Schedule</button>

Comment

Originally posted by jimm
                women never have any alterior motives, never.

Exactly!!!!! so true so true. well said.

Comment

Hmmmm... but how do you differentiate the bros who are simply fulfulling their rights to a fellow muslim, from the ones who give you salam, then move on to salam with a smile, and then only Allah (swt) knows what happens next :S

The doors of fitna should be shut at the roots.
                  Last edited by Nawar; 21-03-06, 07:25 PM.

Comment

Salaam,

What i don't understand is why Asian brothers and sisters 'chill' out together @ uni..? u see groups of them just laughin etc...as tho they are best of buddies.

Alhamdulilah im pretty anti-social so i don't have this problem i tend to keep myself to myself. When it comes to class discussions i just stick to the lasses.
                    However, i do return salams..not making any eye contact with brothers tho...i don't like to be ignored when i say salamu alaikum to a fellow muslim... so y should i ignore others.

Wcs
                    Please Re-update your Signature

Comment

Working...
                    X