Ads by Muslim Ad Network

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Msn Messneger (and all other web messengers)...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Msn Messneger (and all other web messengers)...

:salams

Now... I was pondering over this topic to myself while chatting to someone from Ummah.net on Msn Messenger which I believe is fine if used correctly. I said I don't like using msn and that person replied: "well if u dont like it what u doin on msn?". I then wrote: "I occasionally go on it to chat to my brothers, Check email and have interesing disscussions with new and exciting poeple all over the world... I use it for what it was created to do... not deviate from it's pupose.. just like us humans.. though I use to a short while ago.. now i have changed"...Inshallah.

The point I am trying to get at is...IS MSN HARAAM OR OK BUT BEST AVOIDED??

I heard some say it's fine chatting to girls on msn because you can't see them or spending long hours on it with your mates or trying to meet new poeple... but some say that is an excuse Shatan is telling them to say... What is your opinion??
    [url]www.myspace.com/questonline[/url]

Re: Msn Messneger (and all other web messengers)...

erm how do u know that u r actually chatting to a girl on msn messenger? could be an old man :D
    Please Re-update your Signature

Comment

great debate u got there bro...lemme tell u somethin.

msn is a source of fitnah...wether u only talk to ure brother which alhamdulillah is good...but remember shaytaan is always there a ure side. u can be as strong as you like in ure deen but he is there and always will be to lead u astray from the right path.

talking to women/men even just for getting to know islam is wrong...im giving the general view of islam here. im no saint either. yes i talk to ghair mehram..but as friends,,hell not even as friends...subhanallah some have knowledge and i benefit from it. but i will tell u one thing i would never develope a relationship over the..net it can get messy.(out of experience)

the above is my personal opinion..others are free to theirs.

to sum it up islam has strictly prohibited any sort of contact within male and female.thats ure solution. debate isnt an issue.nor a way out.:)
      “The great Imam ash-Shafi’, he went to his teacher Waki`
      Complaining about the weakness of his memory.
      He told him, ‘abandon rebellion, for knowledge is a light
      And the light of Allah is not bestowed upon a rebel.”

Comment

Shaytaan has new ways of tempting mankind.
        Take Mics, Webcam, Emoticons for example, somethings may seem so innocent, like a brother seeing a sister even though she is in hijaab, this could lead to a night where is doesnt have a hijaab on and shaytaan temps them both for Just 5 mins to see each other without hijaab.

And a curiosity to hear what the person actually sounds like could lead to 5 long hours of idle talk between the two.

emoticons can be dangerous as well, especially if you use the following to the wrong kind of people ;) :inlove: :love:

Allah swt didnt just order us to stay away from zina, but the things that lead to zina. These things happen everyday between 2 people and shaytaan.
        However :alhumdull there are some bro/sis you can keep on your MSN without ever falling into sin.
        I have Abu Suhayb on my MSN and its great because im able to get answers to things straight away and personally i dont find it a fitnah to have a da'ee on MSN since he would never idle talk with me and i wouldnt with him.
        Though having members on ummah is different, sometimes you'll be like "LOL :rotfl: look at this thread... yeh man its funny... omg you replied... omg so did you your so funny... yeh your funny too and cute hehehe"
        I'm not saying anyone does this, but shaytaan will lead you to this.

Best thing is to have the opposite gender on block until you really really really need them.

Comment

Interesting but my friend says you are allowed chat with girls i.e. In college as long as thier is 3 in the conversation... same with msn... This is due to Shaaytan being the 3rd party if only 2 participants. If there are 3, then you are most liley NOT say what you would if they was 2 and especially if you liked the female...

Is this true?? I personally Don't know but i truley believe that Shaaytan is always the 3rd party...

Comment

there's fitna all around us- its just we must be careful and ensure that shaitan does not get in our way.. its not just msn, ok it could be misused at times but its also very very useful at times, u can talk to ur friends for anything u want(better if theyr ppl u knw! nt good to tlk to anyone..) and basically its bit like telephones/mobiles, just a substitute to the hassle of calling up ppl.. n bear in mind that telephones/mobiles can also be used very badly at times, yet we cant survive without them!

my advice brother, nothing wrong with using it, but as sister bint said be careful from the shaytaan. but also never jump to conclusions by forbidding it.

and the other point about talking to girls, i think sister bint is right.. u shouldnt, especially on msn coz its just u n them..n thats nt good. talking on a forum like u are nw is better its not a one-to-one thing..and its for the sake of knowledge inshaAllah thats when shaitaan becomes the 3rd person (thats a hadeeth)

hope that was helpful inshallah :)
            salam

Comment

No, because its still free mixing. You see it all the time, guys and girls who are 'just friends' hugging, kissing etc.

AFAIK, talking in the phsycal prescence is a much great fitnah then MSN but MSN is a fitnah too.

Comment

In the end submission it’s up to you to decide is it really worth spending the precious time you have on msn if it’s not going to benefit you in any way
                By the morning brightness and by the night when it grows still, your Lord has not forsaken you [Prophet], nor does He hate you, and the future will be better for you than the past; your Lord is sure to give you so much that you will be well satisfied.

Comment

The only female I have on my contact list is my niece :p

I've been in conversations where females have been present before (from Ummah) and I was surprised they were there lol

But otherwise, I think IMing is a very useful tool if used correctly...maybe more restrictions could be imposed on a Muslim client for the MSN protocol.

-Rashid
                  :hidban:

Comment

Jazakallah for all your comments
                    Persoanlly I did use to talk to girls on msn but now I have deleted them because as the brother said: "what's the point if your not going to get anything out of it"

BUT

Talking to a girl or boy just for islam resource and nothing else... not even to say how was your day then I think your only letting that person share knowledge and you absorb it... Same in College for example... Never look at her in the eye directly, lower your gaze and only for the sake of Knowledge and for Allah. But that is my own opinion but then again opinions are very dangerous as it can lead one to believe something is right when it is wrong

Comment

msn is shaytaan in disguise...

...shaytaan leave me alone already!

Comment

Originally posted by Desi_Madam
                        msn is shaytaan in disguise...

...shaytaan leave me alone already!
                        funny and i see msn icon under ur name :D
                        Banned permamently for not taking mods BS

Comment

It's true msn/yim/aim/icq/etc has good points to it and can be used well but it also has downsides as well. it kinda reminds of alcohol and what Allah says about that. That there is some good in it but the bad out weigh the good. Those messengers are good IF you are using them to communicate and keep in touch with family and relatives, but if you have people on there that you don't know in person or are not kinsmen (except same gener ppl) then ask yourself, what are you getting out of it that benefits you in this duniy and hereafter? after each chat when you say good bye, then go back and read the whole chat and ask yourself how much of it would Allah approve and how much of it benfited you? Alhamdulilalh we do have strong bro/sis who use this tool for communication only in giving dawah to each other but even the religious ones sometimes are lead astray by shaytan. So either don't use it or take extreme care in who you use it with and how you use it.

p.s. i put up some questions in another thread under "answering salaam to opposite gender" inshallah check there for links i put up on communications with opposite gender (in person, online, etc) and islamic adaabs and rulings on it.
                          Banned permamently for not taking mods BS

Comment

Originally posted by Submission
                            :
                            Persoanlly I did use to talk to girls on msn but now I have deleted them because as the brother said: "what's the point if your not going to get anything out of it"
                            [/B]
                            Wow masha'Allah...

i have been having this debate in my head for ages...about msn and free mixing...i have cut down speaking to non-mahraams both normally and virtually...however there are three whom i spk to, one is planning to marry a close mate ( i dunno if this is a good enough reason...but im like the third person so its not shaytan but i feel guilty in this position) the other two...are for islamic advice...however the problem is we can easily slip in to idle talk although it all links bk to islam...do u think i should stop tlkin to all three...what if one always maintains respect and hayaa...
                            The look, the smile, the nod of the head the warmth of the bed.

STAY AWAY FROM FREE MIXING ITS HARAAM

Comment

Jazakallah Isamirami for your reply. I appriciate it very much and have taken it into account. Thanks again.

Regarding Elefant... I think that if you use MSN as part to gain islamic knowledge then it's ok but you can use other means e.g. this website, starting threads or reading books which never fails in my experience (beware of some books)... It would be preferrable if the woman is older then you, would it not? Ones of your age would definitely lead into idle talk or at least tempt you... Talking about the the woman of whom your mate shall marry... A simple no because she is going to get married and you don't want her mixing with anyone else before marridge. As from my own experience I have seen people fall in love with other Men/Women because they start chatting to them and like thier personalities.

Regarding to Idle talk... The person you talk to should be aware of it if it gets into that situation... As you said that person(s) is very religous they would be reluctant to talk about non-benificial things.

But I am hunting down more knowledge about MSN because I think's it's just another tool that Shaaytan has adapted to use against us.
                              Haha on the other side it's amazing because I get to speak to loved ones in Coventry (my Cousin).

Jazakallah All :)
                              :lailah:
                              Last edited by Submission; 23-02-06, 10:00 AM.

Comment

Working...
                              X