Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Married Students

Assalamu Alaykum,

Wow if I had my time as a student again I think I would have loved to have been married given the chance.

I think in University there is too much temptation with regards to committing to zina (even with the eyes). And teenagers (that's if were talking about young uni students) tend to get in groups and talk about the opposite potential husbands/wives all day :))!

You might not be able to support a family being married and a student but it will fufil other harmful temptations and I guess it makes you mature.
    Please Re-update your Signature

Comment

there are a lot of threads on this forum concerning marriage , and i used to be one of those that posted some :D ......... i dont think people should marry while they are students, it takes time away from studying, especially for the girl and i think its important for the girl to have a sound education(including islamic), but a secular education keeps the option open for women to have good careers , and also because the boy should be financailly stable or be able to support the wife, including her education if required............But for those of you who are married students and got things working out for you, :up: :)

Comment

: Re: Married Students

studying dunya is more important than fulfilling 1/2 your deen, upholding modesty and protection from haram?
        .لا نريد زعيما يخاف البيت الإبيض
        نريد زعيما يخاف الواحد الأحد
        دولة الإسلامية باقية

Comment

I'd really be interested in hearing tips on how people juggle their finances or how much time is spent working etc to sustain themselves and their spouses. Most students I'm aware of come out of uni in debt and the student loan is haraam. Are people leaning on the support of parents, or juggling part time studies and jobs simultaneously or are there other factors involved? Even with the simplest lifestyle, living independently is expensive. Do the students end up having to live with in laws or in shared properties or has anyone found a way to get around that?

These are questions that come up even when you're not a student or have already graduated and are working so I'm curious as to how people manage cos' for students it must be even more tough. I appreciate some feedback on this inshallah.
          The Lyme Disease pandemic: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z5u73ME4sVU

Comment

i would suggest trusting in Allah, if we start letting finances dictate our morality, we become one more step closer to the kuffar and their way of thinking
            دولة الإسلامية باقية

Comment

Abu M, I'm asking about practical steps people can take to avoid other haraams such as the loans systems which are shoved down students throats these days. People on this forum know some married students who are getting by albeit with some difficulties and I want to know how they manage and what they're doing.

My brother in law was caught in a vicious cycle of either working to pay off his living expenses and fees or studying in which case he had nothing to live on. Eventually, he had to abandon his studies to get married to my sister (my sister graduated some years ago) and is now working full time alhamdullilah. He's not the over spending type and wasn't expecting to live in the lap of luxury and had to share a small flat with several friends as a student but even then he couldn't afford to study (perhaps studying in the US was more expensive as well).
              The Lyme Disease pandemic: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z5u73ME4sVU

Comment

the struggles continue

but one must weigh halal vs haram

but dont think anyone is going to go thru life without struggles
                دولة الإسلامية باقية

Comment

inshallah ill be getting married next summer, which will be after my first yr of uni. ill be living with my in laws so for first few years theyll be providing housing food etc for us. my brother got married two yrs ago to a girl who was 18, my sister in law is in her 2nd yr of uni now and they too live with our parents inshallah until my sis in law finishes uni and theyve both saved enough money to move out. alhamdulillah with the help of my parents theyve just bought a house last month.
                  "The successful marriage is not when you can live in peace with each other, but when you can't live in peace without each other."
                  Friends of Al Aqsa

Comment

:salams,

I'm going to be a married student inshaAllah :D

Will come back to this thread when the experiment is complete and I have analysed the results.
                    ..For all that I have my Lord, all that I am..is from you, is for you and to you do I return..

Comment

Originally posted by aurorascopic
                      inshallah ill be getting married next summer, which will be after my first yr of uni. ill be living with my in laws so for first few years theyll be providing housing food etc for us. my brother got married two yrs ago to a girl who was 18, my sister in law is in her 2nd yr of uni now and they too live with our parents inshallah until my sis in law finishes uni and theyve both saved enough money to move out. alhamdulillah with the help of my parents theyve just bought a house last month.
                      mabrook!!!
                      .: Rufaida :.
                      .:Fa Firroo Ila-llaah:.
                      http://s61.photobucket.com/albums/h6...th_Silence.jpg
                      People praise you for what they suppose is in you,
                      but you must blame your soul for what you know is in you.
                      ~ Ibn Atallah

Ramadan Activities for Children
                      <button id="tw_schedule_btn" class="tw-schedule-btn" style="padding: 4px 6px;position: absolute;left: 141px;top: 840px;background-color: #F7F7F7; background: linear-gradient(#FFF, #F0F0F0); border: 1px solid #CCC; color: #5F5F5F; cursor: pointer; font-weight: bold; text-shadow: 0 1px #FFF; white-space: nowrap;border-radius: 3px;font-size: 11px; display: none; z-index: 8675309">Schedule</button>

Comment

Re: : Re: Married Students

Originally posted by AbuMubarak
                        studying dunya is more important than fulfilling 1/2 your deen, upholding modesty and protection from haram?

No, they are not more important . If anyone is financillay solvent things would become easier. But what you said about staying away from haram is right, sometimes its pretty hard as its so common. Wish there was a middle way :scratch:. Would be very helpful.

Comment

Working...
                        X