• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Married Students

Salam :)

are there any married students in here?
    Please Re-update your Signature

Re: Married Students

my son is a married student, i highly encourage muslims to marry as soon as they find an appropriate spouse

it keeps one from the haram and preserves the hayaa
    .لا نريد زعيما يخاف البيت الإبيض
    نريد زعيما يخاف الواحد الأحد
    دولة الإسلامية باقية

Comment

yes i know of one couple i will let them say who they are.

i agree with you abu mubarak but sometimes people do not want to marry so young and your either left to wait or look for someone else.

Comment

Please do share your experiences.
        How do you find time to go to university, study, work and be a good husband/wife?? Money is very important so where do you get it from?

Comment

Originally posted by AbuMubarak
          my son is a married student, i highly encourage muslims to marry as soon as they find an appropriate spouse

Thats very true brother but some dont have parents to help them get married and its not that easy :(

Comment

the thread is back
            دولة الإسلامية باقية

Comment

Jazak'Allah khayr, brother Abu Mubarak, for deleting Malcolm's posts.

I came across the thread just a little bit ago and I was shocked when I came across one of his postings. I was trying to use the "Report Bad Post" function, but for some reason, it was not working at all despite repeated attempts. I was trying to find a mod who was online so I could alert him/her. But I think people can come online to use the forum, without it reflecting that they're online?

Anyways, thank you so much for catching that and getting rid of it.

Jazak'Allah khayr.
              Last edited by Proud_2B_Muslim; 20-02-06, 03:42 AM.
              :love: "I am pleased with Allah as Lord, with Islam as religion and with Muhammad :saw: as prophet." :love:

Comment

Interesting Topic.....

I do HIGHLY recommend that people should get married as soon as they are :-

1) Economically cable
                2) Mentally ready i.e he/she is aware of the responsibilities of being husband\wife.

I have a friend who ma'sallah got married a few months ago, he is 23 and he is over the moon. When i speak to him now, he seem very mature and adult about things.

Comment

Originally posted by AbuMubarak

i totally agree that it keeps one on the straight and narrow if they are married and studying away from home but this is not guaranteed. unfortunately i have friends who had to pack in studying because :-

1. wanted to spend more time with their spouse
                  2. financial reasons
                  3. most common is when the wife is expecting a baby and he has to provide for them.

i feel that if the parents trust thier son/daughter they should let them concentrate on their studies and then afterwards get them married. however i will insist my daugher should study in her hometown and not away and will give a long lecture to my boys about facts of live and how it is very haraam no matter how tempting it may be etc etc

Comment

Many of my friends and family aquaintences are married or did get married during their time in a college or university. For a close friend I talk to regularly, she does admit that there are difficulties in having a successful marriage with two students. Her husband is currently working on his PhD and she's completing an undergraduate degree. Both dorm togther. Another couple is provided by financially by the parents of the husband. Some are married yet still live with their own parents until they (or the husband) becomes financially capable of providing for his own family. Yet another couple lived in a small apartment and continued to finish their studies. Simplicity zindabad.

I believe it's recommended that a man be financially stable before he seeks a wife. This isn't set in stone, so obviously if there are helpful parents who wish to lend a hand to newlyweds by providing for them, mashaAllah.

Studying and being married are two very difficult tasks. InshaAllah with the right mindset and maturity, they can be accomplished. Trusting people to first study and then get married is typical, but sometimes the benefits of being married seem pretty attractive. The majority of students today usually live on their own, provide for themselves, and continue to attend school and engage in serious 'relationships' - putting the Islamic twist on things can probably be up to par with the rest of society's college/university students (not that we'd need to be equal to societal norms), but with the blessings of Allah in the bond of matrimony.

Depends on the situtation and mentalities of everyone involved.

Comment

i kno alot of married students...who are doing MUCH better than those unmarried ones <_<

Comment

Two married students can survive, as long as they dont plan on having a family strait away.

Comment

Yes me and Baba are married, and have been since the middle of first year at uni.

Although actually, for me I do think it has affected my uni work. I have had to change course slightly, long story.... and also I don't spend as much time on my work. But it doesn't matter, I would still rather be married.
                          .: Rufaida :.
                          .:Fa Firroo Ila-llaah:.
                          http://s61.photobucket.com/albums/h6...th_Silence.jpg
                          People praise you for what they suppose is in you,
                          but you must blame your soul for what you know is in you.
                          ~ Ibn Atallah

Ramadan Activities for Children
                          <button id="tw_schedule_btn" class="tw-schedule-btn" style="padding: 4px 6px;position: absolute;left: 141px;top: 840px;background-color: #F7F7F7; background: linear-gradient(#FFF, #F0F0F0); border: 1px solid #CCC; color: #5F5F5F; cursor: pointer; font-weight: bold; text-shadow: 0 1px #FFF; white-space: nowrap;border-radius: 3px;font-size: 11px; display: none; z-index: 8675309">Schedule</button>

Comment

: Re: Married Students

Originally posted by wazza
                            i totally agree that it keeps one on the straight and narrow if they are married and studying away from home but this is not guaranteed. unfortunately i have friends who had to pack in studying because :-

1. wanted to spend more time with their spouse
                            2. financial reasons
                            3. most common is when the wife is expecting a baby and he has to provide for them.

i feel that if the parents trust thier son/daughter they should let them concentrate on their studies and then afterwards get them married. however i will insist my daugher should study in her hometown and not away and will give a long lecture to my boys about facts of live and how it is very haraam no matter how tempting it may be etc etc
                            once people fully realize our purpose for being on earth, everything else fits into place

many of us are taught that we are here to have fun or own things, so we spend our entire life trying to get a job so we can own more things

others realize that money and jobs are not our purpose for being on earth and they start living life as soon as they are old enough to make decisions for themselves

what is important is that we live a life without haram

if you can do that as a married, unmarried, employed, unemployed, rich or poor person, then you have succeeded in your purpose in life
                            دولة الإسلامية باقية

Comment

I'm a student. But I want to get married the moment I am able to make a living myself. A question for the married student dudes. Do you provide for your wives?
                              The definition of courage is to fight to the death in defense of religion, in defense of womanhood, of ill treated neighbours, of the oppressed who seek protection, or in defense of a lost fortune, honour which has been attacked, and other rights, against all adversaries, whether they be few or many.

Comment

Working...
                              X