X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Neutering pet?

Originally posted by Saeedujana
    wa alaikum salaam,

circumcision is a far cry from genital mutilation. what you are proposing is castration, it is completely unnatural. you cannot suppress the innate desire for living beings to procreate, if you dare try, then the world would surly be filled with frustrated miserable animals.

sex is an expression of love, what you want to do is spread hate, and pure evil.

ma'asalaama
    saeed
    for the health of the cat it's best to do so, im not sure whether you are being sarcastic..but cats sex isnt really about expressing their love more like humping the first female in sight not much love there then aye?
    By the morning brightness and by the night when it grows still, your Lord has not forsaken you [Prophet], nor does He hate you, and the future will be better for you than the past; your Lord is sure to give you so much that you will be well satisfied.

Comment

Assalamu allexkum,

thanx for amswering....however, these fatwas dont imply any hard evidence, meaning qur'an verses or ahadeeth....
      Please Re-update your Signature

Comment

I am so glad to see people who care not only about animals, but also about their religious and moral obligations towards them. I have been very much against pet castration in the past, as I feel it is immoral. However, things are never black and white and of course we can only guess what is best- only God knows.
        Recently, I had to have my cat castrated for medical reasons and it has been a difficult decision. I think my cat has noticed a change and he is more aggressive towards me, partly since the operation makes them unwell for a bit and because he had to stay inside as well. But I think he is aware that physically, he is not the same, even though he may not know how or why. Cats, however, are determined and will recover quickly from things.
        Castration is a serious matter and we have to consider the rights of the animal. My cat had an un-descended testicle, which could have been dangerous, so castration in this case was necessary.
        Some people take castration lightly and this frustrates me. Thinking about castration in human terms, would it be right? I am sure the vet who recommends castration would not do it to himself, even though many places in the world are as overpopulated by people as with cats. To help me think about animal castration, I asked my boyfriend what he would do if castrated and in a second, he answered that he couldn't even think about such a thing. I wonder if an animal would answer any differently.
        People say an animal cannot feel castration, that they will not know what has happened. No-one can prove this and no-one knows what that animal thinks or feels. I also feel there are a lot of myths about castration, just to encourage people to get it done. This is only my opinion, from my experience of having cats all my life. Castration does not stop your cat spraying - the first time I saw a cat spray was after my cat was castrated. Castration will not calm your cat down. I have found as many short-tempered castrated cats as I have found placid ones. A castrated cat may have less sex-driven fights, however, my castrated cat still shows sexual behaviour. Castrated cats will still be very territorial, making them fight with other cats locally. My last castrated cat (also castrated for a medical reason- he had Feline Leukaemia), attacked another cat in our garden so ferociously, that when I picked him up, he turned on me and ten years later I still have the scars.
        Castration is ONLY guaranteed to stop a cat producing offspring. Do not be mislead to any of the other 'benefits', as I have yet to see them.
        Ethically, it is your decision. I understand that as pet owners, we are liable to act responsibly and this means limiting unwanted offspring. However, it also means respecting the rights of an animal.
        Ultimately, we cannot apply one law to everything. You must consider something with regards to the situation. I would not support castration in order to stop a cat 'spraying' on furniture, as in my mind, the furniture should not come above the health of the cat. However, if a pet owner could not stand the spraying and had to give the pet away, then perhaps castration would have been more humane.
        I know you are looking for the relevant supporting literature to your moral argument, but I believe as long as you are thinking compassionately then you will make the right decision. Good luck.

Comment

Originally posted by ~Soul~ View Post
          the legal islamic rulings says that u cant castrate cats..
          but given how many stray cats are ruunning around in sum countries i aint sure...
          All juristic schools of Islam ALLOW STERILISATION. Check MUIS. Please can all participants inform themselves of this fact, and stop unnecessary suffering and starvation of cats through not knowing! It is HARUS.

Comment

I'm not sure, but doesn't it say in the Quran that it's forbidden to change Allahs creation?
            Nothing is impossible with Allah

Comment

We have a male and female cat, both have been spayed/ neutered. If I did not neuter my female (and did not want kittens every few months!) I would have to keep her indoors all the time as when she was in heat she will call for a male. If she does not mate, she will continue to be in heat and call. This can go on for months. A cat in heat who doesn't get mated can lead to that cat developing health problems, especially mammary cancer.

Same with unneutered males, they will call and cry to be left out and spray urine all around the home (this STINKS).

Declawing,as far as I am aware, is very cruel to do to a cat, it has no health benefit whatsoever, if you don't want your cat to scratch on furniture, provide a good scratching post for them or don't allow them into that particular room. It will be very painful for your cat even after the op, it is akin to slicing off your own finger (!) You will still see that they want to scratch as this is instinctive,declawing won't stop this. Your cat will nevr be able to go outdoors if you delcawed. Moral of the story, do not declaw!
              What does 'freedom' mean?

Does the eagle want to swim in the sea,
              Restricted by the sky?

Does the fish want to dance on the wind,
              Not enough river to explore?

Yet the sky is freedom for the bird
              but death for the fish,

The sea is wide for the fish
              but will engulf the bird.

We ask for freedom but freedom to do what?
              We can only express our nature as it was created.

The prayer mat of the earth is freedom,
              freedom from slavery to other than the One,
              Who offers an shoreless ocean of love to swim in
              and a horizon that extends to the next life,
              Yet we chose the prison and call it freedom.

“All our handling of the child will bear fruit, not only at the moment, but in the adult they are destined to become.” Donate today! http://campaign.justgiving.com/chari...iyahschool2015

Comment

I've read that it's actually recommended that you keep cats inside. It's apparently safer, better for their health and they live a longer life. You just have to make sure to keep it busy. So just keep it indoors I guess, so it's not going out and getting pregnant or other cats pregnant??? And I think there are ways to stop a cat from spraying. And I believe there are also ways to stop a female cat from calling out. I think there are meds for it. Just google.
                Last edited by muslimgirl93; 15-08-13, 08:06 AM.
                Nothing is impossible with Allah

Comment

I don't think there is one answer that fits all TBH. There are differences which cat owners need to take into consideration. Was the cat originally an ourdoor cat/ had access to outdoors? If so, keeping them indoors could prove difficult and depressing for the cat. If the cat has never known outdoors since they were born, then yes, many do keep their cats solely indoors their whole life...although owners would have to be very very careful when cats are in heat as the instinct to mate is so strong they will find any possible way to escape and get out...and tom cats will be by your door day and night as they will hear her call even through doors and walls!

Re. meds to stop cats spraying/ calling out- I'm not sure what these are, but if anything they will do the same thing neutering essentially does which is to stop the production of those hormones that cause the cat to come into heat.
                  What does 'freedom' mean?

Does the eagle want to swim in the sea,
                  Restricted by the sky?

Does the fish want to dance on the wind,
                  Not enough river to explore?

Yet the sky is freedom for the bird
                  but death for the fish,

The sea is wide for the fish
                  but will engulf the bird.

We ask for freedom but freedom to do what?
                  We can only express our nature as it was created.

The prayer mat of the earth is freedom,
                  freedom from slavery to other than the One,
                  Who offers an shoreless ocean of love to swim in
                  and a horizon that extends to the next life,
                  Yet we chose the prison and call it freedom.

“All our handling of the child will bear fruit, not only at the moment, but in the adult they are destined to become.” Donate today! http://campaign.justgiving.com/chari...iyahschool2015

Comment

Working...
                  X