• Neutering pet?

Assalamu alleykum ,

do you have any pets... a cat or so ?

Have you neutered it?

Is it permissable to neuter your cat`??
    Please Re-update your Signature

Re: Neutering pet?

wa alaikum asalaam

oh no not another cat thread!! wat is the obsession with cats!

wat is neuter anyway?
    The Prophet SAW said, "(There are2words which R dear 2 the most gracious (Allah SWT)&very easy4the tongue2say but very heavy in the balance.They are:Subhan Allahi Wa Bihamdihi - Subhan Allahil-Azim

Comment

to castrate it....

Comment

Originally posted by Daul
        to castrate it....

awwwww, why would u wanna do that!!

if its cos u dont want it to ahve kittens , why dont u jus get a male one?
        The Prophet SAW said, "(There are2words which R dear 2 the most gracious (Allah SWT)&very easy4the tongue2say but very heavy in the balance.They are:Subhan Allahi Wa Bihamdihi - Subhan Allahil-Azim

Comment

there are many arguments to castrate a cat... I just wanna know wether it is islamically permissable:

A male cat marks its territory, which means :peeing all around in the house and this is not the fragrance of perfume...

Secondly, a male can not hace kittens, but it can make some... and there are already too many in the streets... .

Comment

the legal islamic rulings says that u cant castrate cats..
            but given how many stray cats are ruunning around in sum countries i aint sure...
            "In the End, we will remember not the words of our enemies, but the silence of our friends"

Comment

My friend had her cat neutered so she wouldnt fall pregnant and produce a litter.

Not sure whether its permissible though. She now has a tomcat who has an attitude problem
              You are not aware of the consequences that would result (if you were granted what you desire) because what you seek might be to your detriment. (O soul) be conscious that your Master is more aware about your well-being than you are.

~Ibn Al-Jawzee

Comment

but this doesnt help me..
                I need hard evidence...
                from Quran, Sunna, a fatwa but by a reliable sheikh...

PLEASE!

Salam:hidban:

Comment

as salaamu alaikum,

this is so evil, if you only want half a cat, then don't have a cat.

ma'asalaama
                  saeed

Comment

Assalamu alleykum saeedujana,

evil is something relative, hard to define:

genitile mutilation is also painful, however it is a commandment by Allah, and it has its good sides , hygiene...

just an example... but I dont want to discuss this.
                    I rather want to know wether it is permissable or not , for an islamic viewpoint....

proved by quran and sunnah...and this shall be my guidance inshallah.

uassalamu alleykum

Comment

wa alaikum salaam,

circumcision is a far cry from genital mutilation. what you are proposing is castration, it is completely unnatural. you cannot suppress the innate desire for living beings to procreate, if you dare try, then the world would surly be filled with frustrated miserable animals.

sex is an expression of love, what you want to do is spread hate, and pure evil.

ma'asalaama
                      saeed

Comment

I checked on this topic a few days ago on islamqa.com and the summary of what i read is that it is permissible as long as it is neccessary and would not cause any pain/harm to the animal. Insha Allah, I'll find the article and post it asap.

Comment

Short answer

Question :
                          is it wrong for us to neuter the cats that we have as otherwise we would be having too many kittens, and would have to send them to the SPCA which would put them to sleep if nobody took them in.
                          Answer :
                          Praise be to Allaah.
                          If the operation will not harm the animal, then it is OK, because this is better than killing animals after they have been created.
                          Fatwa of Shaykh Ibn ‘Uthaymeen, from Kitaab Fataawa Islamiyyah, 4/448 (www.islam-qa.com)

Comment

Long Answer

Question :
                            We keep a cat in the house as a family pet. Our question is in regards to nueturing/spaying and declawing of the pet. Is it permissible by Islam to have the claws on the front paws of the animal permanently removed for the purpose of protecting family and furniture from scratches? and is it permissible by Islam to have a surgical proceure done on the animal which will make the pet inable to produce offspring (even though it will stil be able to function sexually just not reproduce)? The vet told us that if we do not have our cat nuetered it is very likely he will begin marking his territory in our home by urinating on furniture and various places within the home.
                            Answer :
                            Praise be to Allaah. Firstly:
                            There is nothing wrong – in sha Allaah – with de-clawing a cat, but that is subject to the condition that it should not hurt the animal. There are many medical means nowadays of doing that without causing pain. Causing pain to animals is haraam.
                            Secondly:
                            Preventing your cat from reproducing is preventing a natural process that Allaah has created in it. Undoubtedly the rulings on animals are not as serious as in the case of humans, but this does not mean violating the rights of the creation of Allaah.
                            If this operation will cause harm, or it will cause complications for the cat, then it is not permissible. The prohibition against causing harm is general and includes harm against both humans and animals. There follow some of the ahaadeeth that indicate this:
                            It was narrated from Ibn ‘Umar (may Allaah be pleased with him) that the Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) said: “A woman entered Hell because of a cat which she tied up and did not feed, nor did she allow it to eat of the vermin of the earth.”
                            The vermin of the earth means mice, etc.
                            (Narrated by al-Bukhaari, 3140; Muslim, 2242. There is also a similar report from Abu Hurayrah).
                            It was narrated from Jaabir ibn ‘Abd-Allaah that a donkey whose face had been branded passed by the Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him), and he said, “May Allaah curse the one who branded him.”
                            (Narrated by Muslim, 2217).
                            The scholars differed concerning the neutering of non-humans:
                            The Hanafis said that there is nothing wrong with neutering animals, because that benefits both the animals and humans.
                            The Maalikis said that it is permissible to neuter animals whose meat may be eaten, and it is not makrooh, because that makes the meat better.
                            The Shaafa’is made a distinction between animals whose meat is eaten and others. They said that it is permissible to neuter animals when they are small if they are animals whose meat is eaten, but it is haraam in other cases. They also stipulated the condition that this neutering should not cause the animal’s death.
                            As for the Hanbalis, it is permissible in their view to neuter sheep because that makes the meat better, but it was said that it is makrooh in the case of horses etc.
                            Imam Ahmad said: I do not like for a man to neuter anything, rather that is makrooh because of the prohibition on causing pain to animals.
                            See al-Majmoo’ 6/155; al-Adab al-Shar’iyyah, 3/144, 145; al-Fataawa al-Hindiyyah, 5/358)
                            There is also a comment on neutering cats: “If neutering cats will bring some benefit or ward off some harm, then there is nothing wrong with it, as it says in al-Kubra.”
                            (al-Fawaakih al-Dawaani, 2/346)
                            Hence we say that if there is some benefit in neutering the cat and if that will not cause its death, then it is permissible.
                            Shaykh Ibn ‘Uthaymeen (may Allaah have mercy on him) said:
                            If there are too many cats and they are a nuisance, and if the operation will not harm them, then there is nothing wrong with it, because this is better than killing them after they have been created. But if the cats are ordinary cats and are not causing a nuisance, perhaps it is better to leave them alone to reproduce.
                            Fataawa Islamiyyah, 4/448
                            And Allaah knows best.
                            Islam Q&A
                            Sheikh Muhammed Salih Al-Munajjid (www.islam-qa.com)

Comment

yea we were thinking of getting our cat castrated my neighbor has done it with hers and alhamdulilah he is perfectly fine, I spoke to someone who worked in a vet hospital and said it increases their life span and prevents them from getting diseases like leukemia and other cancers I can't quite remember...
                              By the morning brightness and by the night when it grows still, your Lord has not forsaken you [Prophet], nor does He hate you, and the future will be better for you than the past; your Lord is sure to give you so much that you will be well satisfied.

Comment

Working...
                              X