Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• donations to non-muslims

salaam

where do we stand regarding giving donations to non-muslim organisations. For example red-cross, oxfam etc

also where does muslim charity organisations stand when they receive donations from non-muslims
    Please Re-update your Signature

Re: donations to non-muslims

You can give to them, there is nothing wrong in it.
    When muslim charity get donations from non muslim I guess they just use the money in the normal way??
    <button id="tw_schedule_btn" class="tw-schedule-btn" style="padding: 4px 6px;position: absolute;left: 141px;top: 840px;background-color: #F7F7F7; background: linear-gradient(#FFF, #F0F0F0); border: 1px solid #CCC; color: #5F5F5F; cursor: pointer; font-weight: bold; text-shadow: 0 1px #FFF; white-space: nowrap;border-radius: 3px;font-size: 11px; display: none; z-index: 8675309">Schedule</button>

Comment

If you give money to non muslims, even for the purpose of charity, then it is a charitable contribution but does not count towards zakah.

Comment

Comment

I personally avoid donating to non muslim charities due to ideological differences. I've also heard we're not allowed to donate to registered charities anyway, because there is an aspect of registering charities which contradicts shariah. Much like the Jummah prayer, the duty of (distributing) zakah is that of the Khalif and in his absence, it is an individual duty (ie you directly give money to one who is in need of it). If I find out more on this issue I'll let you know inshAllah.

Comment

I think you're allowed, but its highly discouraged, why would u donate to kuffar when u could donate to your muslim brothers and sisters?

Comment

it softens the heart of the non-muslim and opens him to Islam and it's peaceful aspects.

Peace
              3:103 And hold fast, all together, unto the bond with God, and do not draw apart from one another. And remember the blessings which God has bestowed upon you: how, when you were enemies, He brought your hearts together, so that through His blessing you became brethren; and [how, when] you were on the brink of a fiery abyss. He saved you from it. In this way God makes clear His messages unto you, so that you might find guidance.

Comment

Collapse

Edit this module to specify a template to display.

Working...
              X