Ads by Muslim Ad Network

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

working in a betting shop

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • working in a betting shop

    Salaam

    where do we stand if we apply for a job in a betting shop? I can see people saying it haraam because of betting being haraam. but this is in england and the betting people are white/christian/kafars etc.

    also why do muslim shop keepers sell alchol and cigs when its haraam to consume/smoke it
    Please Re-update your Signature

  • #2
    just because they do it does not mean it is halal to do it. many make excuses for themselves but in reality it is haram to trade in alcohol.

    I am pretty sure u cant work in a betting shop aswell
    <button id="tw_schedule_btn" class="tw-schedule-btn" style="padding: 4px 6px;position: absolute;left: 141px;top: 840px;background-color: #F7F7F7; background: linear-gradient(#FFF, #F0F0F0); border: 1px solid #CCC; color: #5F5F5F; cursor: pointer; font-weight: bold; text-shadow: 0 1px #FFF; white-space: nowrap;border-radius: 3px;font-size: 11px; display: none; z-index: 8675309">Schedule</button>

    Comment


    • #3
      Originally posted by anna2000uk
      just because they do it does not mean it is halal to do it. many make excuses for themselves but in reality it is haram to trade in alcohol.

      I am pretty sure u cant work in a betting shop aswell
      even if it is allowed would you want that much doubt on you... i mean imagine telling someone where you worked... yo dad guess what i done you proud... hows that son... I got a job in a betting parlour im going up in the world

      you should stay away from these kind of things...


      There is no nobility in anyone who lacks faith.

      The wise man knows that the only fitting price for his soul is a place in Paradise.

      Comment


      • #4
        yeah exactly...
        wazza u should steer clear of it insha allah
        <button id="tw_schedule_btn" class="tw-schedule-btn" style="padding: 4px 6px;position: absolute;left: 141px;top: 840px;background-color: #F7F7F7; background: linear-gradient(#FFF, #F0F0F0); border: 1px solid #CCC; color: #5F5F5F; cursor: pointer; font-weight: bold; text-shadow: 0 1px #FFF; white-space: nowrap;border-radius: 3px;font-size: 11px; display: none; z-index: 8675309">Schedule</button>

        Comment


        • #5
          hmmmm

          right working in a betting shop is a no no. selling alchol is no no. okay then what about working in a supermarket that sells alchol as well as other products.

          my situation is that i had to give up my job now that i am a lone parent with kids under the age 10. the youngest only attend afternoon classes. just seen a job advert in a betting shop for part time. i just fancy working while the young one is at school. the only type of job available is supermarket etc.

          once the young one starts full time then i will look for a proper full time job.
          Please Re-update your Signature

          Comment


          • #6
            I dunno about super market...
            insha allah mayb u can check or hav a look on sunnipath or some q&a site?
            <button id="tw_schedule_btn" class="tw-schedule-btn" style="padding: 4px 6px;position: absolute;left: 141px;top: 840px;background-color: #F7F7F7; background: linear-gradient(#FFF, #F0F0F0); border: 1px solid #CCC; color: #5F5F5F; cursor: pointer; font-weight: bold; text-shadow: 0 1px #FFF; white-space: nowrap;border-radius: 3px;font-size: 11px; display: none; z-index: 8675309">Schedule</button>

            Comment


            • #7
              Originally posted by anna2000uk
              I dunno about super market...
              insha allah mayb u can check or hav a look on sunnipath or some q&a site?
              wazza bro man i gave u that address for the alim... pop down or call them inshallah man its better then getting fatwas of people like us man


              There is no nobility in anyone who lacks faith.

              The wise man knows that the only fitting price for his soul is a place in Paradise.

              Comment


              • #8
                Talk about weird, i was thinking about the same thing today, i was in morrisons buying some food and while i was in the checkout the people before me was buying alcohol and i thought to myself i could never work in an environment where i could be directly or indirectly involved with the selling of alcohol.

                When i get caught up in these situations i think about what the Prophet p.b.u.h would do, and try to follow my heart, hope that helps inshallah.

                Comment


                • #9
                  Please Re-update your Signature

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    the Prophet (peace and blessings be upon him) said: khamr (Reported by At-Tirmidhi and Ibn Majah)

                    If your job involves trading in haram comodities such as alcohol, lottery tickets or other forms of gambling, then the job would be haram and the money earned would not be a halal income. If you work at a supermarket, then it would be haram for you to stack the shelves with alcohol or sell it at the checkout (it's the reason why I left my checkout job several years ago).

                    Some may say that working at such a supermarket would be haram no matter what, others may say that it would be halal to work there if you do not participate in the haram action. This might mean working as a shelf stacker in the fruit and veg section, working in the bakery section, cleaning or something along those lines. It's possible that opinions would differ on this issue.
                    Please Re-update your Signature

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Originally posted by marzipan
                      the Prophet (peace and blessings be upon him) said: khamr (Reported by At-Tirmidhi and Ibn Majah)

                      If your job involves trading in haram comodities such as alcohol, lottery tickets or other forms of gambling, then the job would be haram and the money earned would not be a halal income. If you work at a supermarket, then it would be haram for you to stack the shelves with alcohol or sell it at the checkout (it's the reason why I left my checkout job several years ago).

                      Some may say that working at such a supermarket would be haram no matter what, others may say that it would be halal to work there if you do not participate in the haram action. This might mean working as a shelf stacker in the fruit and veg section, working in the bakery section, cleaning or something along those lines. It's possible that opinions would differ on this issue.
                      ... then using the same umbrella you can argue its haraam to sell food that contains haraam ingrediants etc.

                      also it is haraam to work in a company that manufactures parts for weapons etc

                      where does one draw the line

                      i have seen several hijab wearing women working at the checkout where they not only handle alchol but also p*rk related meat. the poor lass has to work to earn a living. how and where else can she get a decent job? u dont need much qualifications to work in a supermarket. it is tough nowdays to find a job that is 'halaal' unless working for charity in aid of muslims
                      Please Re-update your Signature

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Originally posted by wazza
                        ... i have seen several hijab wearing women working at the checkout where they not only handle alchol but also p*rk related meat.
                        I have seen several hijab wearing women do that too. Does that make it halal? Halal and haram is something defined by Quranic and Sunnah evidence, not what hijabed/bearded Muslims do.

                        The list of halal jobs is actually quite long. It's usually a safe bet to stick to a mubah industry such as (to name but a few) transport, electronics manufacturers, utilities companies, childrenswear, cafes, shoe shops etc or else there's schools and hospitals. The easier jobs to get into these days are market research, admin or call centres if you sign up with a good agency.
                        Please Re-update your Signature

                        Comment

                        Collapse

                        Edit this module to specify a template to display.

                        Working...
                        X