Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Recipes

Any good Recipes, menus to share?

Any good links to Arab or Indian or Malaysian/ Thai food?

I'm bored of my own cooking.
    thank you.
    Probably, no nation is rich enough to pay for both war and civilization. We must make our choice; we cannot have both.~Abraham Flexner

my own :D
    Ingredients:
    2 chicken breasts
    half tin of tomato puree
    half a tin of Sweet corn
    diced peppers
    chopped mushrooms
    mixed power spices (red chilli power, holud, etc)

Instructions:
    pour half tin of sweet corn, and tomato puree in bowl with the diced peppers and chopped mushrooms.
    add in spices to give flavour and small pinch of salt.
    marrinate the chicken in the suace for an hour. (cut the breasts in half to lessen the cooking time).
    after the jucies have seeped into the chicken breasts place chicken in the oven along with the sauce spead over the chicken.
    Check on the chicken after every 15mins and poke with a fork to check if it has cooked.
    If any left over sauce you can add some small pieces of chicken into the sauce and add to some freshly hot cooked rice to give it a nice taste.

add lime juice for full flavour.

Comment

That looks different than the usual, thank you! What is holud? I find the same ingredient has a different name all over the world so it probably is something I know by another name.

My fave hot spice is Chipotle (mexican, and a slow but hot spice).

Thanks.
      Probably, no nation is rich enough to pay for both war and civilization. We must make our choice; we cannot have both.~Abraham Flexner

Comment

Hey, whoever thought up the Similar threads thing was smart. Thanks, there are several there.

Comment

Originally posted by nomadicfoodie
          That looks different than the usual, thank you! What is holud? I find the same ingredient has a different name all over the world so it probably is something I know by another name.

My fave hot spice is Chipotle (mexican, and a slow but hot spice).

Thanks.
          holud is the yellow powder.

Comment

:start:

......:masha:.....I'm a pretty good cook ....

[judging by the way family and friends polish off my cookin' anyway...]

..... below is a recipe that isn't one of my own .... but slightly similar....

Vegetable Stir-Fry Prep: 10 min, Marinate: 45 min, Cook: 10 min.
            • 1/4 lb. fresh mushrooms, chopped
            • 2 Tbs. lite soy sauce [ I would add some malay sweet soy]
            • 1/4 cup vegetable stock
            • 2 Tbs. fresh ginger, minced
            • 3 cloves garlic, minced
            • 1 lb. carrots\cooked, sliced [I would be alittle more adventurous and add a few other vegetables]
            • 1 Tbs. vegetable oil
            • 1 lb. snow peas\cooked, thawed if frozen
            Cover dried mushrooms with hot water. Let soak 15 minutes. Drain mushrooms through a sieve, reserving liquid. Rinse mushrooms and chop. Combine next 6 ingredients in a bowl and marinate 30 minutes. Heat oil in a heavy skillet or wok over medium-high heat. stir-fry 3-4 minutes. Add remaining ingredients and reserved mushroom soaking liquid. Stir-fry 3-4 minutes or until carrots are tender.

....Malay food is yummy... here is a link

Please Re-update your Signature

Comment

Re: Recipes

Instead of the usual Easter Dinner fare, we are eating just what my son asked for, Meatloaf:
              http://www.foodnetwork.com/recipes/a...ipe/index.html

And Garlic Mashed Potatoes:
              http://www.foodnetwork.com/recipes/n...ipe/index.html

I plan on slipping in some Roasted Asparagus:

http://www.foodnetwork.com/recipes/i...ipe/index.html

as a side dish.

With the addition of a few local bakery rolls, we have a feast.

How simple to make a meal that is wanted instead of toiling over tradition.
              I have no real problem with alternative theories, being postulated.

It is the preference for a reliance on alternative reality that worries me.

Comment

Letting a family member choose the main course was a great idea!

The dinner was appreciated and savored to its entirety, and it opened my eyes to just how to satisfy a future Holiday participants wants and desires. Simple is good. Dessert is another issue.
                I have no real problem with alternative theories, being postulated.

It is the preference for a reliance on alternative reality that worries me.

Comment

Originally posted by Ms Ami View Post
                  Letting a family member choose the main course was a great idea!

The dinner was appreciated and savored to its entirety, and it opened my eyes to just how to satisfy a future Holiday participants wants and desires. Simple is good. Dessert is another issue.
                  how was the asparagus?? i always wanted to try it but never got around to it. maybe inshallah ill try to make it one day.

Comment

Originally posted by *Aisha View Post
                    how was the asparagus?? i always wanted to try it but never got around to it. maybe inshallah ill try to make it one day.
                    Asparagus is soooo good! I've roasted them like that before (Olive oil, sea salt, pepper). You don't even need to have them as a side dish. You can eat them like chips.
                    Nothing is impossible with Allah:o

Comment

Collapse

Edit this module to specify a template to display.

Working...
                    X