A Mothers Advice To Her Daughter

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A Mothers Advice To Her Daughter

`O my daughter, if it were deemed unnecessary to give you this advice because of good manners and noble descent, then it would have been unnecessary for you, because you possess these qualities, but it will serve as a reminder to those who are forgetful, and will help those who are wise.

`O my daughter, if a woman were able to do without a husband by virtue of her father's wealth and her need for her father, then you of all people would be most able to do without a husband, but women were created for men just as men were created for them.

`O my daughter, you are about to leave the home in which you grew up, where you first learned to walk, to go to a place you do not know, to a companion with whom you are unfamiliar. By marrying you he has become a master over you, so be like a servant to him, and he will become like a servant to you.

`Take from me ten qualities, which will be a provision and a reminder for you.

`The first and second of them are: be content in his company, and listen to and obey him, for contentment brings peace of mind, and listening to and obeying one's husband pleases Allah.

`The third and fourth of them are: make sure that you smell good and look good; he should not see anything ugly in you, and he should not smell anything but a pleasant smell from you. Kohl is the best kind of beautification to be found, and water is better than the rarest perfume.

`The fifth and the sixth of them are: prepare his food on time, and keep quiet when he is asleep, for raging hunger is like a burning flame, and disturbing his sleep will make him angry.

`The seventh and eighth of them are: take care of his servants (or employees) and children, and take care of his wealth, for taking care of his wealth shows that you appreciate him, and taking care of his children and servants shows good management.

`The ninth and tenth of them are: never disclose any of his secrets, and never disobey any of his orders, for if you disclose any of his secrets you will never feel safe from his possible betrayal, and if you disobey him, his heart will be filled with hatred towards you.

`Be careful, O my daughter, of showing joy in front of him when he is upset, and do not show sorrow in front of him when he is happy, because the former shows a lack of judgement, whilst the latter will make him unhappy.

`Show him as much honour and respect as you can, and agree with him as much as you can, so that he will enjoy your companionship and conversation.

`Know, O my daughter, that you will not achieve what you would like to until you put his pleasure before your own, and his wishes before yours, in whatever you like and dislike. And may Allah (SWT) choose what is best for you and protect you.'"38
    And Allāh has set forth an example for those who believe, the wife of Fir'aun when she said: "My Lord! Build for me a home with You in Paradise, and save me from Fir'aun and his work, and save me from the people who are Zālimūn

There is no nobility in anyone who lacks faith.

The wise man knows that the only fitting price for his soul is a place in Paradise.

Re: A Mothers Advice To Her Daughter

*Thump*

"The `Aalim knows who is a Jaahil, because he used to be a Jaahil before. But the Jaahil does not know who is an `Aalim, because he was never an `Aalim before."

Imaam Ibn Taymiyyah Rahimahullaah in Majmoo`ul Fataawaa.

Comment

Hmm... Where have I read this before?.. :scratch:

Originally posted by Abu Mus'ab View Post
      *Thump*
      Why are you picking out all the old posts by this particular person?
      Ya Muqallib al-Quloob, thabbit qalbi 'alaa Deenik
      O' Converter of Hearts, make my heart steadfast upon Thy Way
      We can easily forgive a child who is afraid of the dark; the real tragedy of life is when men are afraid of the light.

Comment

perhaps missing him *BIG* time? and Al-Ihraab left on 4th Jan 2006 ...while you joined in Feb 2006... next month...so you r Al-Irhaab in a changed nickname? :p
        Last edited by truepath; 09-10-08, 07:43 PM.
        لا أريد مِنْكُمْ جَزَاء وَلا شُكُورًا

Comment

Originally posted by Safiya View Post

i was thinkih EXACTLY the same thing....hmmm......:scratch:
          "What can my enemies do to me? I have in my breast both my heaven and my garden. If I travel they are with me, never leaving me. Imprisonment for me is a chance to be alone with my Lord. To be killed is martyrdom and to be exiled from my land is a spiritual journey." - Shaykh ul-Islam Ibn Taymiyyah (rahimuhullah)

Comment

i'v got this poster stuck on my wall...lol its not just because the poster is quite beautiful, but advice is beautiful and insightful too mashAllah.
            The enforcement of Muslim Brotherhood is the greatest social ideal of Islam. On it was based the Prophet's (SAW) sermon on his last pilgrimage, and Islam cannot be completely realized until this ideal is achieved. '
            (Shaikh Maulana Muhammad Yusuf)
            In Lam Takun Ghaadiban Annee Falaa Ubaalee...

Comment

Originally posted by truepath View Post
              perhaps missing him *BIG* time? and Al-Ihraab left on 4th Jan 2006 ...while you joined in Feb 2006... next month...so you r Al-Irhaab in a changed nickname? :p
              Busted :|

"The `Aalim knows who is a Jaahil, because he used to be a Jaahil before. But the Jaahil does not know who is an `Aalim, because he was never an `Aalim before."

Comment

Originally posted by Abu Mus'ab View Post
                Busted :|
                lol joka! r u really serious? i dont think so bro :p
                لا أريد مِنْكُمْ جَزَاء وَلا شُكُورًا

Comment

Originally posted by Safiya View Post
                  Hmm... Where have I read this before?.. :scratch:

It doesnt really matter....BUT i think what is important is that the lessons that are to be learnt from the original post. SO jazakullah Khair for the reminder and May Allah give all the believeing men and women the tawfeeq to practise al that we read....Inshallah :)

I think its beautiful, thanks :up:
                  وَالْعَصْرِ

إِنَّ الْإِنسَانَ لَفِي خُسْرٍ

إِلَّا الَّذِينَ آمَنُوا وَعَمِلُوا الصَّالِحَاتِ وَتَوَاصَوْا بِالْحَقِّ وَتَوَاصَوْا بِالصَّبْرِ

"If Allah (swt) only sent this Surah to us, for the guidance of Mankind, this will be enough for us” - Imam Shaafi'ee r.a.

"Yeh dunya daar e faani hain, Tum apna dil mat lagaon, Ganimat samaj zinadagee ki bahar, aana na hoga, yahaa baar baar......"

Khanqah Habibiyah

Comment

Originally posted by truepath View Post
                    lol joka! r u really serious? i dont think so bro :p
                    Yeah we aint the same person, i should make it clear here before people accuse me of being married to another forum member (i tell you i've lost count of the amount of accusations already :|)

Comment

Working...
                    X