When a Muslim get sick......

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• When a Muslim get sick......

Ok, this Muslim chick busted her knee cap and drove to the doctor.

Well, she didn't feel comfortable with

*the doc being a man

*not having a female chaperone

*and having to undress

She got pissed and left without being seen.

The issue wasn't really that divided. Some say hijab can be relaxed in times of medical emergencies. Other was saying that she could have just exposed her leg and knee. I've read on other boards that it didn't matter....etc. etc.

So I was wondering if there was a directory of Muslim/Muslima doctors?

I figure such would be beneficial to Muslim community.
    Please Re-update your Signature

http://www.tijarapages.com

Comment

Muslim women and male doctors

Or, whether you're Muslim or not, you can simply ask for a female doctor. Lots of non-Muslim women prefer to see female doctors too, so it's nothing unusual.

But if her knee cap was broken, I wonder how she managed to *drive* to the doctor? Coulda been painful if she had to brake suddenly...

Originally posted by MivharMeni
      Ok, this Muslim chick busted her knee cap and drove to the doctor.

Well, she didn't feel comfortable with

*the doc being a man

*not having a female chaperone

*and having to undress

She got pissed and left without being seen.

The issue wasn't really that divided. Some say hijab can be relaxed in times of medical emergencies. Other was saying that she could have just exposed her leg and knee. I've read on other boards that it didn't matter....etc. etc.

I figure such would be beneficial to Muslim community.

Comment

ouch, how is she now??

Peace
        3:103 And hold fast, all together, unto the bond with God, and do not draw apart from one another. And remember the blessings which God has bestowed upon you: how, when you were enemies, He brought your hearts together, so that through His blessing you became brethren; and [how, when] you were on the brink of a fiery abyss. He saved you from it. In this way God makes clear His messages unto you, so that you might find guidance.

Comment

How to behave (and what not ot do) as a physician taking care of mulims people

Hi to all,
          I am a doctor, radiologist, living and practicing in Italy.
          Which is your advice to professionals who in their daily routine wish not to unintentionally offend muslim people?
          Thank you in advance.
          All my best,
          James B

Comment

Originally posted by James B
            Hi to all,
            I am a doctor, radiologist, living and practicing in Italy.
            Which is your advice to professionals who in their daily routine wish not to unintentionally offend muslim people?
            Thank you in advance.
            All my best,
            James B
            If you are dealing with a Muslimah, provide female for her.
            If you are dealing with a Muslim, provide a man for him.

If a Muslimah is giving birth, make sure her wishes are respected and the door is shut as she was told it would be. Make sure no men walk in on her as promised.

Do not touch a Muslimah unless it is an emergency i.e she is dying and can only be seen by a man.
            Do not touch a Muslim man unless it is an emergency i.e he is dying and can only be seen by a woman.

Do not offer to shake the hand of a Muslimah if you are a man.
            Do not offer to shake the hand of a Muslim man if you are a woman.

Provide a hygenic/suitable place for them to pray.
            Do not offer pork, alcohol or any other widely acknowledged prohibition to them.
            Let them have privacy and modesty.

Comment

Thank you so much for your kind advice.

What about diagnostic fields like mammography/senology if I haven't got a female colleague or the skill significantly differ between a male and a female collegue? How can I deal with this issue.

Best regards,

James B.

Comment

Originally posted by MivharMeni

You have raised an interesting issue. There is a recently launched online discussion forum for muslim doctors, medical students and prospective medics. You can have a look at http://www.muslimmedic.com

Comment

Originally posted by sajid
                  For Australia it's http://www.ummahdirectory.com.au/
                  "..Were it not for my contentment in you, I wouldn't, O my Lord, have seen any comfort at all.." [Imaam Ash-Shaafi`ee]

"Jesus was man one day and divine the next!" [Da Vinci Code]

Comment

Sounds life her knee cap getting busted affected her thinking.

This is retarded. She could have called up the doctor/ got someone to visit him (I'm assuming she couldn't walk to the health centre with a 'busted knee') to say "I KNOW WOMAN WIFF BROKEN KNEE, BUT SHE FEEL SHY".

Maybe there was a female doc in the vicinity, or maybe JUST maybe her saving her knee could involve the overlooking of the ban of a man seeing her.

The greater good is important, right?

I mean, that's why we're allowed to eat pork when times are hard and there's no other source of food around.

Comment

Collapse

Edit this module to specify a template to display.

Working...
                    X