X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• islaha
    replied
    Originally posted by Su'ad
    Beauty is in the eye of the beholder, is my reply to your question. Beauty can be sought in many different ways, from the way a person plays with a child or to the he/she smiles. From what i hear and have read regarding the way in which you come across your a very beautiful young muslimah, inside aswell not only out. Thats one beauty that will not change with age or weight or childbearing etc.
    Treasure that, and i can assure you, you will come across the best, handsomest, and most devout brother in your life insha allah.
    aww dats so sweet :love: :embar: wat can i say excpt jazakallahukharun n inshallah inshallaah i meet a bruv who sees wat u c !!!!!:D ur rite evry 1s taste is diffrent. mayb i was bein a bit shalow bout da looks n stuff. yea a devout bro is wat is da best but who also hapens 2 b good lookin;) *mwah* 2 u sis

Leave a comment:

• Su'ad
    replied
    Originally posted by islaha
    i like ur name suad:) it remindz me of a nice sista i used 2 kno. jazakallhukharun 4 wat u said i hav a queston tho wat if im below averag?:S or wat if im short n i wanna tall husban? anyways i get wat u mean n i agree wiv u sis :love:
    Beauty is in the eye of the beholder, is my reply to your question. Beauty can be sought in many different ways, from the way a person plays with a child or to the he/she smiles. From what i hear and have read regarding the way in which you come across your a very beautiful young muslimah, inside aswell not only out. Thats one beauty that will not change with age or weight or childbearing etc.
    Treasure that, and i can assure you, you will come across the best, handsomest, and most devout brother in your life insha allah.

Leave a comment:

• islaha
    replied
    Originally posted by Su'ad
    Salaams sis,

Im new here, but if i may be allowed to say the other posters are quite correct in what they have stated, but we must remember that looks do play a part in an islam marriage. After all the woman and the man should both be happily content with one another, and have no need to have their own eyes stray to others later on.
    Of course that said, try and look for someone who is at your own level of looks, (that may sound non understandable) however, what i mean is, for example, i consider myself to be average, however i wouldnt look for a man with Hugo Boss model looks either(i hope you get my drift). :D

Anyway, looks are just part of the WHOLE package, and there alot other factors you should take into consideration aswell.

Just some humble advice from one sis to another, hope it helps, and good luck.
    i like ur name suad:) it remindz me of a nice sista i used 2 kno. jazakallhukharun 4 wat u said i hav a queston tho wat if im below averag?:S or wat if im short n i wanna tall husban? anyways i get wat u mean n i agree wiv u sis :love:

Leave a comment:

• Su'ad
    replied
    Salaams

khuzamah thank for ur reply :)
    i will addmit that looks r important to me, astagfurlah but i dont think i cud marry an ugly man. its not that i am alll that i aint all that at all. i gotta change ma priorities ur right!
    is it tru tho that brothers just want looks in a sister? i dunno
    Salaams sis,

Im new here, but if i may be allowed to say the other posters are quite correct in what they have stated, but we must remember that looks do play a part in an islam marriage. After all the woman and the man should both be happily content with one another, and have no need to have their own eyes stray to others later on.
    Of course that said, try and look for someone who is at your own level of looks, (that may sound non understandable) however, what i mean is, for example, i consider myself to be average, however i wouldnt look for a man with Hugo Boss model looks either(i hope you get my drift). :D

Anyway, looks are just part of the WHOLE package, and there alot other factors you should take into consideration aswell.

Just some humble advice from one sis to another, hope it helps, and good luck.

Leave a comment:

• Niqaabi
    replied
    Originally posted by [email protected]
    But your in love

p.s Ameen to all the dua's
    what? :confused:

Leave a comment:

Guest replied
    Oh mah days! jazakallhu khairn i sooo agree wiv u woohoo!!!! coz seriously u wanna b wiv someone dat keeps u away frm commitin zina ur rite:up: :love: :inlove:
    Assalamualaikum sister,

BarakAllah Hu Feek, I was simply sharing my knowledge...the real person ure agreeing with Alhamdullilah is the Prophet Sallalahu 'Alayhi Wassalam :) , as this was his advise :up:

Take Care, Wassalamualaikum.

Leave a comment:

• islaha
    replied
    Originally posted by theonenextdoor
    Assalamualaikum bro's and sister's,

As I was readin thru dis thread I realised there was some confusion about the priorities when lookin for a husband, is it wrong to look for looks? etc etc. So here's my contribution inshAllah.

To sum things up, as with all things the Prophet PBUH has clearly outlined what someone should look for in a spouse.

In this hadith, it is referring to looking for a wife, But it can clearly be taken the same way when looking for a husband....

Abu Hurayrah, may Allah be pleased with him quotes the Prophet, peace and blessings be upon him, as saying, "A woman is married for four things, i.e., her wealth, her family status, her beauty, and her religion. So you should marry the religious woman; (otherwise) you will be a loser." (Reported by Al-Bukhari)

Islamically it is not wrong at all to look for a husband or a wife that is beatiful to you, infact it is encouraged greatly because marriage is meant to be a means to get you away from Zina etc, of the eyes, private parts etc etc. So if your spouse doesn't fulfill your 'visual' needs its sort of unfulfillilng the full requirements and point of the marriage, thats why Prophet PBUH recommended it.

However, though looks are important...Piouty should be the MOST important factor as clearly stated in the hadith. Piouty is far more important than looks. The hadith is saying that women usually get married for the stated reasons, BUT he is advising that we marry someone Pious otherwise we will be unsuccessful.

Looking for a spouse who is nice looking to you is definately no sin at all, instead its recommended, however basing your selection on ONLY looks is very unwise and against the advise the Prophet PBUH gave.

For more info read this article inshaAllah sure it'l help,

http://www.weneedtounite.com/qualities.htm

Hope what i've said has been of some use,

Wassalamualaikum all.
    Oh mah days! jazakallhu khairn i sooo agree wiv u woohoo!!!! coz seriously u wanna b wiv someone dat keeps u away frm commitin zina ur rite:up: :love: :inlove:

Leave a comment:

• peace2u
    replied
    Originally posted by Khuzamah
    But no brother living now has got the character of Rasoolallah :saw: so I dnt think that is possible. He is the best of mankind Allah already told us that...
    so u cnt get it :p
    but insha allah can make dua for a pious husband though :)
    nor as good looking as nabi yusuf (as) :D

Peace

Leave a comment:

• K@M
    replied
    Originally posted by Niqaabi
    yup make duah for me too please, i REALLY need it.
    But your in love

p.s Ameen to all the dua's

Leave a comment:

Guest replied
    Selecting a.....

Assalamualaikum bro's and sister's,

As I was readin thru dis thread I realised there was some confusion about the priorities when lookin for a husband, is it wrong to look for looks? etc etc. So here's my contribution inshAllah.

To sum things up, as with all things the Prophet PBUH has clearly outlined what someone should look for in a spouse.

In this hadith, it is referring to looking for a wife, But it can clearly be taken the same way when looking for a husband....

Abu Hurayrah, may Allah be pleased with him quotes the Prophet, peace and blessings be upon him, as saying, "A woman is married for four things, i.e., her wealth, her family status, her beauty, and her religion. So you should marry the religious woman; (otherwise) you will be a loser." (Reported by Al-Bukhari)

Islamically it is not wrong at all to look for a husband or a wife that is beatiful to you, infact it is encouraged greatly because marriage is meant to be a means to get you away from Zina etc, of the eyes, private parts etc etc. So if your spouse doesn't fulfill your 'visual' needs its sort of unfulfillilng the full requirements and point of the marriage, thats why Prophet PBUH recommended it.

However, though looks are important...Piouty should be the MOST important factor as clearly stated in the hadith. Piouty is far more important than looks. The hadith is saying that women usually get married for the stated reasons, BUT he is advising that we marry someone Pious otherwise we will be unsuccessful.

Looking for a spouse who is nice looking to you is definately no sin at all, instead its recommended, however basing your selection on ONLY looks is very unwise and against the advise the Prophet PBUH gave.

For more info read this article inshaAllah sure it'l help,

http://www.weneedtounite.com/qualities.htm

Hope what i've said has been of some use,

Wassalamualaikum all.

Leave a comment:

• abdusamad
    replied
    you do?
    I dont?:scratch:

Leave a comment:

• Niqaabi
    replied
    you do?

Leave a comment:

• abdusamad
    replied
    aahhh no!

ok. Then i know now.. InshaAllah ukhti.

Leave a comment:

• Niqaabi
    replied
    Originally posted by abdusamad
    Going to study in Yemen too? wow! :up:
    aahhh no!

Leave a comment:

• fatamous
    replied
    mashAllah yeah!!!! go to yemen its smashing, i came back from there this summer and it was the best experience i have EVER had. May Allah facilitate you in this Abd- Samad, ameen.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X