Family Values in the west

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Family Values in the west

"The objective behind Shari'ah is to liberate individuals from his desires in order to be a true Abd (slave) of Allah and that is the legitimate Maslaha... Violating the Shari'ah under the pretext of following Maqasid al-Shari'ah is like the one who cares about the spirit without the body and since the body without the spirit is useless therefore the spirit without the body is useless too." ~ Imam Shatibi - The greatest intellectual founder of Maqasid al-Shari'ah

"Acquire knowledge because doing so is good. Seeking it is worship. Reviewing it is glorifying Allah. Researching it is jihad. Teaching it to the ignorant is charity." Mu`adh ibn Jabal (ra)
    .لا نريد زعيما يخاف البيت الإبيض
    نريد زعيما يخاف الواحد الأحد
    دولة الإسلامية باقية

Comment

i agree that 'family' values are diminishing. I think a step which needs to be taken is parents being more involved in thier childrens lives and actually teaching them and not telling them about Islam.
      Please Re-update your Signature

Comment

I think its more than just parents. Parents can only control the children for so long. The minute they hit 16 and off they goto college and start earning their way, the parents have little control left. This is where they are exposed to the real world and society - a clean plate back in the dirty basket.

The peer pressure is just too much, 20 year old living at home is seen as abnormal in society and you are told 'no girl will give you a second look' type scenario. These waswasas of the Shaytaan are just the initial sparks.

I know so many people who leave london to study up north or else where, which doesnt make any sense since London is full of good and rubbish unis. But this is primarly to get away from families, then they decide to be rebellious and marry without the wishes of their family rather than being smart and rational. This all is just the begining, I have seen more and more muslms families torn apart, parents sent to old people's homes or left alone in the tiny flat on their own.

All this make me wonder if people actually adhered to the rich islamic family values, it would never come to this. There is a serious lack of 'role models' in Muslim communities, we have to fill the vaccume and be examplry by treading carefully.
        "The objective behind Shari'ah is to liberate individuals from his desires in order to be a true Abd (slave) of Allah and that is the legitimate Maslaha... Violating the Shari'ah under the pretext of following Maqasid al-Shari'ah is like the one who cares about the spirit without the body and since the body without the spirit is useless therefore the spirit without the body is useless too." ~ Imam Shatibi - The greatest intellectual founder of Maqasid al-Shari'ah

Comment

Collapse

Edit this module to specify a template to display.

Working...
        X