Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• i hate my job

:salams

i really hate my job :( its really stressing me out, along with all the other things going on. The only reason why im staying is so i can pay for my course and driving, otherwise id quit straight away.

Its really making me unhappy and at first i thought it was just a bad day, but this has been going on for a few weeks now. I took some kalms to see if it was down to stress, but its made me think more about how i really hate being there. (

I just wana sit in a room with a PC and write instead of walking around the stupid shop serving dumb people who dont bother to look for the toothpaste!

I was wondering I'v been working there for about 2 months would it be to early for me to look for another job, like what if i do find another job and they look at how long i was with my current one and go "oh, are you sure you aint going to do the same?"
    i tried looking for some jobs on salaam but no, they all want teachers.

aww sis :there: sorry to hear that. May Allah (swt) make it easy for you and open up many doors of opportunity :)

Peace
    3:103 And hold fast, all together, unto the bond with God, and do not draw apart from one another. And remember the blessings which God has bestowed upon you: how, when you were enemies, He brought your hearts together, so that through His blessing you became brethren; and [how, when] you were on the brink of a fiery abyss. He saved you from it. In this way God makes clear His messages unto you, so that you might find guidance.

Comment

Originally posted by Niqaabi

i really hate my job :( its really stressing me out, along with all the other things going on. The only reason why im staying is so i can pay for my course and driving, otherwise id quit straight away.

Its really making me unhappy and at first i thought it was just a bad day, but this has been going on for a few weeks now. I took some kalms to see if it was down to stress, but its made me think more about how i really hate being there. (

I just wana sit in a room with a PC and write instead of walking around the stupid shop serving dumb people who dont bother to look for the toothpaste!

I was wondering I'v been working there for about 2 months would it be to early for me to look for another job, like what if i do find another job and they look at how long i was with my current one and go "oh, are you sure you aint going to do the same?"
      Walakum salaaam sis

It shouldnt matter, if new employers ask, just say you didnt feel the job utilised your full potential or something positive.
      "The objective behind Shari'ah is to liberate individuals from his desires in order to be a true Abd (slave) of Allah and that is the legitimate Maslaha... Violating the Shari'ah under the pretext of following Maqasid al-Shari'ah is like the one who cares about the spirit without the body and since the body without the spirit is useless therefore the spirit without the body is useless too." ~ Imam Shatibi - The greatest intellectual founder of Maqasid al-Shari'ah

Comment

:start:

Sis Hang on for the experince too after that it'll be a closed chapter in your life, moving onto greener pastures :insha:

Just hang on sis :love: :)

Looks like you need to take sedatives instead of kalms ;) :D

Allah and His angels call down blessings on the Prophet . O you who believe! call down blessings on him and ask for complete peace and safety for him :inlove: (33:56)

Comment

u can quit Straight away if u wanted to, but if ur really desperate for work,i suggest u just hang in there till u find another job
          dont quit until u found something else

also what kinda job u looking for next? are u looking in right places?

Comment

Originally posted by peace2u
            aww sis :there: sorry to hear that. May Allah (swt) make it easy for you and open up many doors of opportunity :)

Peace
            Ameen.

Would your next employer really ask about how long you had your previous job for?

Best solution is to make dua :up:

-Rashid
            :hidban:

Comment

In terms of looking for jobs, try your uni. They always have various types of jobs. Or maybe sign up to an agency for part time admin job, that would be good training is well.
              "The objective behind Shari'ah is to liberate individuals from his desires in order to be a true Abd (slave) of Allah and that is the legitimate Maslaha... Violating the Shari'ah under the pretext of following Maqasid al-Shari'ah is like the one who cares about the spirit without the body and since the body without the spirit is useless therefore the spirit without the body is useless too." ~ Imam Shatibi - The greatest intellectual founder of Maqasid al-Shari'ah

Comment

Originally posted by Rashid786
                Would your next employer really ask about how long you had your previous job for?
                well it will be recorded on my CV, so they may ask, Savers asked why i only worked for HSBC for 2 weeks, idiots, i was like it was work experiance

Originally posted by sajid
                also what kinda job u looking for next? are u looking in right places?
                well im looking for office jobs, all the deliveries and walking around and standing in one spot has really hurt my back.

Ameen iv been doing duah all day, i hope insha'Allah it works.
                Last edited by Niqaabi; 26-09-05, 04:55 PM.

Comment

well it will be recorded on my CV, so they may ask, Savers asked why i only worked for HSBC for 2 weeks, idiots, i was like it was work experiance

well im looking for office jobs, all the deliveries and walking around and standing in one spot has really hurt my back.

Ameen iv been doing duah all day, i hope insha'Allah it works.
                  hmm Get the Experience First..u know working as a sales assistant or something is the best thing u can do..no matter what job u decide to go into further one cos its got that element of customer service to it, in which most if not all JOBS require customer service experience!
                  it will get u far!

ia it will go good for u :)

Comment

i dont think i can stay on at that job any longer.
                    the managers themselves prolly dont have enough experience. EVERYDAY the tills are short, and i dont understand why, if we're giving out the right change. They cant even be bothered to give us change because theyre so busy with paper work, when half the time their smoking.

We cant restock, because there isnt enough people on the shop floor, but then we not supose to wonder around, we have to be doing something!
                    i hate it so much, i really wish someone just bombs the place, but i still get paid :embar:

Comment

You know what? Leave. If its really that bad and you cant take it then just leave! Trust in ALLAH, MAKE ALL YOUR NAMMAZ,MAKE LOTS OF DUAA, and just leave! I once worked for a company i hated and i just left after 2 months. Guess what? They closed down a year later! Just leave, not having a job allows u more time for salaah,duaa plus not having money makes ur duaa's more sincere iff u know what i mean!:)

Comment

Originally posted by badr
                        You know what? Leave. If its really that bad and you cant take it then just leave! Trust in ALLAH, MAKE ALL YOUR NAMMAZ,MAKE LOTS OF DUAA, and just leave! I once worked for a company i hated and i just left after 2 months. Guess what? They closed down a year later! Just leave, not having a job allows u more time for salaah,duaa plus not having money makes ur duaa's more sincere iff u know what i mean!:)
                        akhi that very nice, but what do i do about my course and driving?
                        I cant leave straight away, i need to find a job somwhere else, somewhere i can be able to do my salah.
                        Thats one benefit of where i work, alhamdulillah its near my house so i can do my salah at home.
                        If anyone knows of any work in masjids, PLEASE let me know. I dont care where it is, just let me know.

sorry i dont care where in LONDON it is.

Comment

go to the jobcentre, look for jobs, they normally have many jobs advertised.
                          or if u want u cud leave ur job, go on job seekers allowance, ur gona be gettin paid 40 quid every week, dey will also call u in every week to talk to u.
                          once dey find u a job u gota accept it no matta wot, oderwise dey dnt give u da 40 pound every week. also the job they giv u may b very far frm ur house.
                          Please Re-update your Signature

Comment

The best advice i can give you (and its by bestest advice:p) is to not stress, and if possible, allocate some time to do voluntary work.

The best places to seek voluntary work related to your interests above:

Youth work (if it interests you), mentoring (professionally through a charity or council - not your cousin/someone you know - the professional placement will give you a reference etc), admin work with the local council (there are so many departments, you are bound to find voluntary work in no time), family work - liasing with social workers, look up charities/organisations which help to prevent crime, drug abuse (sometimes there are small organisations dedicated to preventing asians from taking drugs) domestic violence and so on..

Voluntary work is excellent in gaining new skills - and wherever you get your placement - they will give you a good reference & you can talk about a wide range of skills you acquired. Plus employers and uni's love people who do voluntary work especially if it involves confidentiality, it shows maturity and a good degree of development. In the 21st century, everyones become a bit selfish, so you'll really stand out :up: And finally, do something you enjoy and where you can gain a lot of skills and experience in a short amount of time.
                            Please Re-update your Signature

Comment

start looking for a new job..try the job centre/reed/totaljobs..or any other high street recruitment places...actually...'dialaphone' have offices near where u live you could try them...its rubbish work (telesales) but pays not bad ..check out their website to see if they have vacancies www.dialaphone.co.uk

hmm....cos xmas is coming up...most stores are probably gonna start recruiting seasonal staff...so try high street shops..like dp..h&m..new look etc etc - you have experience so shouldn't b a prob...and look further a field...don't just look locally cos chances are you won't find anything! try central london...high streets around you...target within 1hr travelling..thats pretty reasonable!

i know you hate where you are now...but be patient...and just think of it as experience..and hey you're getting paid! trust me there are worse jobs...and there are worse ppl to work with...i used to have the worse job...and i absolutely hated the people i worked with...but the thing that kept me there is that i knew every fortnight i'd get money in my account! so just be patient sis...make du'aas...inshaAllaah you'll find something better :)

Comment

Collapse

Edit this module to specify a template to display.

Working...
                              X