Clear All

Originally posted by *IslamicGirl*
    :start:

:salams

Let's hope she doesn't call you 'hubby' :rotfl:

right sis Mariam?

lol! :p
    <button id="tw_schedule_btn" class="tw-schedule-btn" style="padding: 4px 6px;position: absolute;left: 141px;top: 840px;background-color: #F7F7F7; background: linear-gradient(#FFF, #F0F0F0); border: 1px solid #CCC; color: #5F5F5F; cursor: pointer; font-weight: bold; text-shadow: 0 1px #FFF; white-space: nowrap;border-radius: 3px;font-size: 11px; display: none; z-index: 8675309">Schedule</button>

Comment

Originally posted by Mary Carol
      Not unless we meet.

Busy in July-August 2006?
      if I am still alive, inshAllah

can i? in the meanwhile
      "The objective behind Shari'ah is to liberate individuals from his desires in order to be a true Abd (slave) of Allah and that is the legitimate Maslaha... Violating the Shari'ah under the pretext of following Maqasid al-Shari'ah is like the one who cares about the spirit without the body and since the body without the spirit is useless therefore the spirit without the body is useless too." ~ Imam Shatibi - The greatest intellectual founder of Maqasid al-Shari'ah

Comment

Inshallah!

Maybe sajid can recommend that restaurant we all enjoyed last November that served the delicious mango lassis....:)

After spending some real time together talking, sharing a meal, etc., I'm sure we'll all become good friends and we may naturally begin to call each other by affectionate names.

But, I reserve "hubby" for my hubby IslamicGirl...:inlove:
        Please Re-update your Signature

Comment

Originally posted by anna2000uk
          lol! :p
          Whaaaat? :D

I can never be too sure ;)

After all my track record leaves a lot...... :p

Allah and His angels call down blessings on the Prophet . O you who believe! call down blessings on him and ask for complete peace and safety for him :inlove: (33:56)

Comment

:salams :love:

Okay :D but then :insha: when i get amrried i don't want you to turn out like some crazed psycopath stalker in those lame, cheesy 'horror' movies. You're not gonna be a woman scorned right? :D

And since you are my 'wife' will you obey me in all righteous things? This includes my welcome home meal of snicker bars :D :D
            :grins:

Allah and His angels call down blessings on the Prophet . O you who believe! call down blessings on him and ask for complete peace and safety for him :inlove: (33:56)

Comment

If cursing is a normal function of human language, those who don't curse must be abnormal in some respect I take it (?)
              You are not aware of the consequences that would result (if you were granted what you desire) because what you seek might be to your detriment. (O soul) be conscious that your Master is more aware about your well-being than you are.

~Ibn Al-Jawzee

Comment

We all choose what parts of language to use...some people don't even use proper names for things!

Comment

Other investigators have examined the physiology of cursing, how our senses and reflexes react to the sound or sight of an obscene word. They have determined that hearing a curse elicits a literal rise out of people. When electrodermal wires are placed on people's arms and fingertips to study their skin conductance patterns and the subjects then hear a few obscenities spoken clearly and firmly, participants show signs of instant arousal.

Their skin conductance patterns spike, the hairs on their arms rise, their pulse quickens, and their breathing becomes shallow.
                  I don't really understand the article, and what you're trying to imply. If cursing was "natural" as you say, then why does the body respond to hearing curses, in such an unnatural way? Is this a contradiction? Or am I misunderstanding something here?

Subhan Allah, cursing is not a "normal function." The evidence above, which you quoted yourself, shows how "unnatural" it really is. What's natural is becoming angry or frustrated about something that induces anger. However, the way one responds to anger/frustration depends on one's character. In Islam, we are supposed to tame our tongues not to let out such blatant curses. Biologically speaking, when one is angry, he/she becomes heated. Our prophet, peace be upon him, taught us to make wuduu when we're angry about something. Why? To cool off the heat from our bodies. When you curse, only more heat is let out & the situation will become worse.

Masha Allah, the prophet's example was so beautiful. If only we can learn to follow one-tenth of the advice he gave us.

~Ayah

Comment

cursing is mukrooh..not harram btw

Comment

imho, cursing is only a 'normal function' in the way that ignorance is a 'normal state' It is easily observed that people who are articulate, do not curse. Seen from another perspective, curse words are words with a plethoral of different meanings for use in all sorts of contexts. catchall phrases and words, if you will. If one does not have the vocabulary to pick a suitable word (or perhaps the time to sort thru their own vocabulary,) one can quickly throw out a curse word in it's place.

Comment

Inshallah!

Maybe sajid can recommend that restaurant we all enjoyed last November that served the delicious mango lassis....:)

After spending some real time together talking, sharing a meal, etc., I'm sure we'll all become good friends and we may naturally begin to call each other by affectionate names.

omg did u go tayyeb's?? their mango lassi is best!!
                        <button id="tw_schedule_btn" class="tw-schedule-btn" style="padding: 4px 6px;position: absolute;left: 141px;top: 840px;background-color: #F7F7F7; background: linear-gradient(#FFF, #F0F0F0); border: 1px solid #CCC; color: #5F5F5F; cursor: pointer; font-weight: bold; text-shadow: 0 1px #FFF; white-space: nowrap;border-radius: 3px;font-size: 11px; display: none; z-index: 8675309">Schedule</button>

Comment

Collapse

Edit this module to specify a template to display.

Working...
                        X