Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

: Re: Delaying babies 'defies nature'

Originally posted by Te'oma
    The assertion that girls should start having babies as soon as they begin menses is total crap. My oldest daughter was 7 when she started. Her body was not mature enough to carry a baby at that age. There are a lot of 13 and 14 year old girls who are not physically mature enough to carry a baby. Just because a girl can get pregnant does not mean that her pelvis and other anatomy has finished developing or that it is ready for the strain of bearing a child.
    As we have moved away from the child bride ideal, the number of infant/mother mortalities has dropped. Some say that this is because of medicine but I would contend that it's because of a mix of medicine combined with older first time mothers.
    Anyone that breeds animals knows that you do not breed most animals on their first heat. It can destroy the animal about 6 times out of 10. If you can't do it with a cow, why would you do it to your wife or allow it to be done to your daughter?
    teoma

i would refrain from such harsh wording when you are discussing the natural order of things, or even more importantly, judging things that are not prohibited nor discouraged according to islam

Allah has created us, and knows our bodies better than we do. Nothing happens to anyone, not a leaf falls from a tree, without the knowledge nor outside of the command of Allah.

How finely He sees, How keenly He hears, He knows what comes down to the earth and what comes up from it.

Allah has created us in the wombs of our mothers, He created the sperm that brought us to life.

Surely the knowledge of a woman's mense is within the plan of Allah, and that is a sign that the woman is ready to procreate. That doesnt mean that every woman should start when she starts mensing, as a matter of fact, it is no more than a sign that she is ready to, not a sign to commence.

Lets not deem a sign from Allah as "total crap"
    .لا نريد زعيما يخاف البيت الإبيض
    نريد زعيما يخاف الواحد الأحد
    دولة الإسلامية باقية

Comment

Re: Delaying babies 'defies nature'

Just my two cents. I accept the fact Prophet SAW married Aisha RA when she was very young. I think we have many thread on this issue based on religious,cultural and biological standpoints. However, Alhamdulillah, Allah didnt make it a rule that girls are to be married at that age.

I think, I will not marry my daughters at that age (and what bro Te'oma says concerning female physiological or biological make up make sense), however saying it crap is too harsh, and brother Te'oma has to says istighfar alot. Dont worry, akhi, Allah gives us choice as when and at what age to marry our daughters (i dont have any though, but we - Muslims in general).

The marriage of our Prophet SAW to Aishah I can safely say, a unique case, because he SAW was inspired to do so, and only Allah knows the wisdom of it. The marriage was a blessed one, and Aisha RA came out to be a great alimah for sahabah and us to refer to in matters of deen.

Comment

asalaamu alaykum sis and bro, I know it was over the top but I couldn't go back and edit. It wasn't aimed at anyone in particular. AbuM, if you could please remove the first sentence I would appreciate it however I still stand by the rest of the post as it is medically and scientifically sound reasoning
        Last edited by Te'oma; 21-03-06, 04:28 AM.
        I took the road less traveled...where the heck am I? :scratch:

Comment

It's Ok to be emotional, especially when we talk about such a sensitive topic. I know a bro who said he could kill his daughter if she had a boyfriend. This is a price for leaving an "american dream". Also, we know what we should do if we lived in Ideal world.
          Please Re-update your Signature

Comment

Where in the world do 7 year olds give birth to babies? Did I miss something?

Comment

http://www.snopes.com/pregnant/medina.asp

"Escomel posited that the reason behind her precocious fertility could not lie in the ovaries themselves but must have stemmed from an extraordinary hormonal disorder of pituitary origin."

scary

Comment

Marjan, there is a condition that is affecting children more and more lately and I suspect that it's caused by environmental pollutants more then anything else but it can be genetic too. It's called precocious puberty. Girls as young as the age of 1 or 2 have been known to menstruate. It affects both boys and girls.
                It seems to run in my family. The girls in my family tend to start menses earlier. My oldest daughter had her first menses at 5 and was regularly cycling by the time she was 7 and had breasts. Myself and both of my sons have had adult male characteristics by the time that we were all 10. I started having to shave at 7 and had the baritone voice that I have now as well as body hair. My sons experienced something very similiar but there's were delayed until they were about 10. Fortunately we have all reached a normal height because many children that have this condition remain short.
                This is a subject that is very close to home for me and that was why I had the emotional outburst that I had
                I took the road less traveled...where the heck am I? :scratch:

Comment

There is one documented case which happened in 30's in the Soviet Union. A 6 yr old girl gave a birth to a baby girl (baby did not survive). She suffered from an endocrine disorder Te'oma just mentioned and her uncle (who was a sailor) could not resist... That girl did not understand what was going on with her. About 2 yrs ago a 11 yrs old girl gave a birth to a boy in Ukraine (former Soviet Union). So, she was about 10 when...?! So called father is a Tadjik man, a muslim I assume....

Comment

Originally posted by Te'oma
                    Marjan, there is a condition that is affecting children more and more lately and I suspect that it's caused by environmental pollutants more then anything else but it can be genetic too. It's called precocious puberty. Girls as young as the age of 1 or 2 have been known to menstruate. It affects both boys and girls.
                    It seems to run in my family. The girls in my family tend to start menses earlier. My oldest daughter had her first menses at 5 and was regularly cycling by the time she was 7 and had breasts. Myself and both of my sons have had adult male characteristics by the time that we were all 10. I started having to shave at 7 and had the baritone voice that I have now as well as body hair. My sons experienced something very similiar but there's were delayed until they were about 10. Fortunately we have all reached a normal height because many children that have this condition remain short.
                    This is a subject that is very close to home for me and that was why I had the emotional outburst that I had
                    I'm so sorry if I caused any offence! I hope not. I didn't mean to be insensitive when I used the word 'scary'. Thank you for being so open about this issue.

I suppose what I find strange is anyone suggesting that precocious puberty is what the average child goes through aged 7 and thus that marriage should be entered into so early.

Does puberty at any age, regardless of the presence of a medical condition triggering it, immediately => marriage?

Even the most ardent fans of the 'get your children married off at 7 theory' don't ever seem to practise it.

Why is that?

Comment

Working...
                    X