• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Tertullian
    Let's say .................
    Can't you see the benefit?
    Lets say that what muslims have been saying is right all along,

Lets say that there is only one god in creation and you are bound by your very existence to worship him

and lets just say, you refuse, because in your argumentative state, that you will defy anything that you deem defiable

and lets go further to say, you go thru life, thinking that you know so much and that no one can outdo you in arguments

but lets further go on to say that you, being a mere mortal, die, and in the grave, you are questioned about your service to Allah

and being mr argumentive, you attempt to debate, but now, the angels are not out trying to outdebate you, but wholeheartedly submit to the command of their Lord, and proceed to do as they are instructed

and after sitting for years in your grave, you are raised up, in front of your Lord, who you figured you could outdebate, but now, your words leave you, your thought processes leave you, you are in total awe about to face a humiliating punishment, because you thought your debating skills in life were going to be of some benefit, but you see they are worthless and now you have returned to your Lord and your book of deeds, of faith, of worship, of prayer, of devotion to your Lord is totally empty, because you took so much time in debating, you lost site of the fact that you are a creation of the Creator and now all bets are off

lets say the above happens, now what do you say?

Do you see the benefit?
    .لا نريد زعيما يخاف البيت الإبيض
    نريد زعيما يخاف الواحد الأحد
    دولة الإسلامية باقية

Comment

Wednesday, 31, August, 2005 (26, Rajab, 1426)
      Raid Qusti, [email protected]http://www.arabnews.com/?page=7&sect...=31&m=8&y=2005
      URGENT!!! your help is badly needed - fundraising for marriage

Comment

8/30/2005

http://iqna.ir/NewsBodyDesc_en.asp?lang=en&ProdID=27172
        URGENT!!! your help is badly needed - fundraising for marriage

Comment

As a Muslim, this ranks in the top 5 of the stupidest things I've heard come out of the mouths of so-called "clerics." I mean, are you kidding me? I completely REFUSE and LAUGH at this crap. Post #28 pretty much sums it up. We are COMMANDED by our creator to take care of our bodies, which includes EXERCISE.

I'm sick of these narrow-minded clerics who do nothing but push the Ummah more and more backwards!! Overthrow I say!!!
          'God does not change the condition of a people unless they change their inner selves' (Ar-Ra'd 13:11),

This means that a community's political and economic status cannot be lastingly improved unless the community as a whole grows in moral stature. (Muhammad Asad)

Comment

akhi

when you study the life of the Prophet and his companions, they strived to please Allah, and in that striving, knowing what was halal and what was haram was very important

though i may agree that with all of the problems muslims are facing, football is low on the list, when you think of it, it really isnt, for the reasons given

think about this, if a muslim can sip a small beer every nite before he goes to bed, what does that tell you about his imaan?

if a muslim can play video games more than read quran, what does that tell you about his imaan?

these saudi clerics have made a point, so either agree with it according to quran and sunnah or disagree with it according to quran and sunnah, but never just "out of hand" dismiss a fatwa that deals with an issue that could be the item that enters you into either jannah or janhenum

for this is not the way of the prophet and companions
            the prophet specifically said that muslims are to be entertained by wrestling, wives, horses, shooting arrows (ie halal things and things which strengthen your jihad skills) these scholars did not say do not exercise, and if thats all you saw out of it, maybe you should read it again
            .لا نريد زعيما يخاف البيت الإبيض
            نريد زعيما يخاف الواحد الأحد
            دولة الإسلامية باقية

Comment

Couldn't they make the shorts longer, instead of banning football ?

It reminds me of the situation of movie theaters in one state in Malaysia (sister Nebula can tell u about it) that have been totally banned because "it's dark". Why not just make two rooms, one for males and one for females. I just don't understand this "banning" reflex.

By the way, I'm not sure wrestling and shooting arrows still has the same use nowadays as it did at the time of the Prophet saws. I guess the message was that the more useful the sport was, the better. Today it could be jogging for example...
              Please Re-update your Signature

Comment

Originally posted by anna2000uk
                I don't really understand this...
                My opinion is that these sports are ok providing you dont put ALL ur time into it.
                Yeah ok the shorts dont cover awra, so if brothers wear longer shorts and play football 2gta that problem is eliminated.
                Its a duty on us to keep healthy and fit, we need exercise. If the youth want to spend some time playing sport then it will keep them healthy. They can make intention 2 play football for couple of hours on the weekend with the intention of maintaining their health for the sake of Allah, so they are fit and able to worship him (Which is the intention why we eat food too). Also they can use it as a time for halal relaxation with their bros.
                People who become obsessed and all their time goes into football, obviously it is too much.. but it can be done sensibley and it can be a good thing.
                Do we rather that kids go and play a bit of football, or that they spend all day on the playstation? It is the nature of humans, and especially young people, that we need some time for "fun" and "relaxation". Islam is supposed to be the middle path, so to try and outlaw football totally I don't think is particularly wise.
                I absolutely agree with you dear sister! if you see youth nowadays, who waste their time in really negative ways- really really negative, like doing drugs, clubbing, coupling and led to fornication, subhanAllah, may Allah guide them, you'd be greatful enough to see they spend their time playing football.

Comment

Originally posted by Aymeric
                  Couldn't they make the shorts longer, instead of banning football ?

It reminds me of the situation of movie theaters in one state in Malaysia (sister Nebula can tell u about it) that have been totally banned because "it's dark". Why not just make two rooms, one for males and one for females. I just don't understand this "banning" reflex.

By the way, I'm not sure wrestling and shooting arrows still has the same use nowadays as it did at the time of the Prophet saws. I guess the message was that the more useful the sport was, the better. Today it could be jogging for example...
                  yes, I agree, or like i see some footballers and hockey players who wear someting underneath that covers their legs.

Wrestling and shooting arrows i think still have some benefits. wrestling as martial arts and shooting that trains you to focus and shift to shooting bullets maybe.

Comment

bunch of idiots.
                    Please Re-update your Signature

Comment

Originally posted by Abu Mubarak
                      akhi

when you study the life of the Prophet and his companions, they strived to please Allah, and in that striving, knowing what was halal and what was haram was very important

though i may agree that with all of the problems muslims are facing, football is low on the list, when you think of it, it really isnt, for the reasons given

think about this, if a muslim can sip a small beer every nite before he goes to bed, what does that tell you about his imaan?

if a muslim can play video games more than read quran, what does that tell you about his imaan?

these saudi clerics have made a point, so either agree with it according to quran and sunnah or disagree with it according to quran and sunnah, but never just "out of hand" dismiss a fatwa that deals with an issue that could be the item that enters you into either jannah or janhenum

for this is not the way of the prophet and companions
                      the prophet specifically said that muslims are to be entertained by wrestling, wives, horses, shooting arrows (ie halal things and things which strengthen your jihad skills) these scholars did not say do not exercise, and if thats all you saw out of it, maybe you should read it again
                      :salams

I was going to make the same point that you did. In todays society, the muslim ummah has greater things to worry about than to worry about whether or not football is allowable or not.

So whats the deal, if the saudi clerics say something, does it apply to the WHOLE muslim ummah? Are the saudi clerics wahabis? What if other muslim scholars dont agree with them?

This is pretty crazy.

:wswrwb:

Nomie

Comment

Working...
                      X