Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Al-Irhaab
    replied
    stay away from muslim guys nothing but trouble find the sisters prayer room or sisters circle thiers normally one at the uni and make friends with them... u shld get over ur shyness with muslim sisters it might he hard at first but trust me ull find someone more shy then u....

Leave a comment:

• Niqaabi
    replied
    avoid the guys, who needs em?
    Sis dont be stupid, you dont need to show anyone how smart you are, your going to uni to learn. Aside that, just because some americans are dumb they dont know there are loads of different ethnic people going to uni, doesnt mean you should drop classes. Dont fail your subjects because a few people cant see past the colour.

i know how it feels to have this attention on you all the time, like people are waiting to see what you come out with, or waiting for you to mess up anytime.
    Try finding some nice quiet shy girls to chill with, i would take your accent as something positive, i love learning about people's backgrounds and cultures. :)

Leave a comment:

• Shamma-888
    replied
    thanks a lot niqabi for your reply!

when i enter the lecture hall, i feel like every body is looking at me and when i talk in the class i feel like every body was waiting for that moment. waiting to hear me! i drop the class if there is a presentation or if the professor calls on the students to answer questions! all cuz i am different

i think it's also my personality. i'm very shy! even with muslim people. specially muslim guys. they think i'm cute cuz i'm shy:( i think i look stupid when there is a gathering.

i'm smart and talented, but my shiness hides all of this! i wanna show my american class mates how smart i am:( i wanna be active.

thank you for you help niqabi :) i did not know that my accent is a positive point!

Leave a comment:

• Niqaabi
    replied
    I know how you feel sis, people dont approach me because of the niqaab and most of the time im putting the effort of making friends at work/college.
    One good things about girls is their open-minded and understanding about the hijaab then kuffar men (or so it seems).
    Try involving yourself into productive clubs that as well as having a good cause, can introduce you to some nice girls.

Doesnt you're uni have any muslimah students? I would think your accent would be something positive as you're different from the others and your ethnic background would be interesting to the same old american students.

Leave a comment:

• Shamma-888
    started a topic Worried!

Worried!

I'm a girl from one of the gulf countries. I go to school in the US. I have lived my whole life in the gulf, however, i spent the last 2 years of my life in the us. elhammdolilah everything is going well except for me being shy!

I can not interact with my class mates! They all are americans! I might be silly, but i really think my accent can be a problem and i think my classmates think i'm different cuz i put Hijab.

school will start soon and i'm worried! i can not imagine my self going to big lectures or attending discussions and talk. the last two years passed hardly, i missed most of my classes and spent most of my time in my room!

can you help me?

Collapse

Edit this module to specify a template to display.

Working...
X