• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by *IslamicGirl*
    :start:

:salams

LOL! @ belly dancers :p

:S eek

I remember going to my first segregated Arab wedding, it was cool, yes there was dancing and so on, but there was not a guy in sight and it the atmosphere was relaxing cuz there was no guy coming up with the excuse 'to pass a message to mum'

:salams
    lol yea been to those too, alhamdulillah theres still some walima's that are fun to enjoy where its women only and they can dance and listen to nasheed and stuff.. but ill be asking alot of questions before i go to another wedding.
    "Islam began as something strange and will return as it was, so give glad tidings to the strangers."
    "Don't ever argue with an idiot....
    they'll drag you down to their level and beat you with experience."

Comment

Originally posted by Salman Al-Farsi
      Its absolutely forbidden for a man and women to be alone because prophet (saw) said the third will be shaytaan.

However alot of Muslims think its ok in mixed gatherings like islamic conferences, weddings, etc to exchange numbers, fix others/match making, unnecessary chats etc.

Weddings nowdays are astaghfirullah just pure fitnah, i stopped going to weddings long time ago unless they are segregatd. :)

And this ISNA is really bad :(
      what's ISNA..........:scratch:
      weddings these days oooffff, i do attend but i just stay away from all the stuff!

what abt co-education system, like say in my uni' days in a class of 60, hardly 10 used to be female. they used to sit in a separate row. only when a need arised we used to talk.what u say?????????
      "Europe died in Bosnia and was buried in Syria. Bodies of innocent children washing ashore are the
      western civilization's tombstones"

Rajab Tayyab Erdogan

Comment

Originally posted by imran1976
        what's ISNA..........:scratch:
        weddings these days oooffff, i do attend but i just stay away from all the stuff!

what abt co-education system, like say in my uni' days in a class of 60, hardly 10 used to be female. they used to sit in a separate row. only when a need arised we used to talk.what u say?????????
        ISNA is an american convention, invitation to fitnah really :(

education is ok, becasue people go there to educate themselves and learn, same goes with work, public transport, going to market and other types of interactions.

The issue is mainly with celeberations such as parties or weddings, because people actually go there to have fun and celeberate something, if these are not segregated than fitnah will kick in.
        "The objective behind Shari'ah is to liberate individuals from his desires in order to be a true Abd (slave) of Allah and that is the legitimate Maslaha... Violating the Shari'ah under the pretext of following Maqasid al-Shari'ah is like the one who cares about the spirit without the body and since the body without the spirit is useless therefore the spirit without the body is useless too." ~ Imam Shatibi - The greatest intellectual founder of Maqasid al-Shari'ah

Comment

even in Islamic school right now i gota be careful about whos parties i go to cuz they actually got boys and stuff coming over, and some of the activites they do totaly haram like weegee board.. still cant believe my freind had one. But even if its your best freinds party u gota ask whos coming over so u dont get surprised... or in trouble.
          "Islam began as something strange and will return as it was, so give glad tidings to the strangers."
          "Don't ever argue with an idiot....
          they'll drag you down to their level and beat you with experience."

Comment

This is an issue I have been curious about for some time. What about gender interaction here? On these forums?

I am non-Muslim so help me with the concept. Is gender interaction OK when only ideas are exchanged and all we expose to each other are texts of our thoughts? Is the issue about mixing with the other gender only about physically mixing?

~Bub
            From the Many, One

Comment

Originally posted by BubbleGum
              This is an issue I have been curious about for some time. What about gender interaction here? On these forums?

I am non-Muslim so help me with the concept. Is gender interaction OK when only ideas are exchanged and all we expose to each other are texts of our thoughts? Is the issue about mixing with the other gender only about physically mixing?

~Bub
              There is nothing wrong with gender interaction itself, the prohibition comes at what the interaction is about.

Interaction on an online forum would be ok, as long as it does not involve prohibited interactions like flirting, idle talk, inappropriate language etc.
              "The objective behind Shari'ah is to liberate individuals from his desires in order to be a true Abd (slave) of Allah and that is the legitimate Maslaha... Violating the Shari'ah under the pretext of following Maqasid al-Shari'ah is like the one who cares about the spirit without the body and since the body without the spirit is useless therefore the spirit without the body is useless too." ~ Imam Shatibi - The greatest intellectual founder of Maqasid al-Shari'ah

Comment

Thanks for the answer, Salman. It is interesting question. Because it is the internet, Male and Female can discuss ideas and experiences because there is no physical contact.

There's another good question in there somewhere....

~Bub
                From the Many, One

Comment

Re: Mixed Gatherings: A detailed response regarding gender interaction

Sayyiduna Abu Hurairah (May Allah be pleased with him) reported: The Messenger of Allah Sall-Allahu alayhi wa sallam said,

"Whoever sits in a gathering and indulges in useless talk
                  and before getting up supplicates:

`Subhanaka Allahumma wa bihamdika,
                  ash-hadu an la ilaha illa Anta,
                  astaghfiruka wa atubu ilaika

(O Allah, You are free from every imperfection; praise be to You.
                  I testify that there is no true god except You;
                  I ask Your Pardon and turn to You in repentance),'

he will be forgiven for (the sins he may have intentionally
                  or unintentionally committed) in that assembly.''

[At-Tirmidhi].
                  .لا نريد زعيما يخاف البيت الإبيض
                  نريد زعيما يخاف الواحد الأحد
                  دولة الإسلامية باقية

Comment

Working...
                  X