Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Female circumcision could cause infertility-study

Originally posted by Al-Irhaab View Post
    so basically what ur saying is that the prophet (Saw) rewarded other people who did it but didnt want his own daughters to do it? so basically your saying he (Saw) naudhubillah is two faced
    He was not two faced- you have to study the time when happened and you will find the reason why he didn't do it. I think has something to do the practices from other religions too. Which was the previous religion of Ibrahim wife?
    :) t. l. poetry corner
    So I stay in my chair, staring into the fire,
    Thinking of where are you at this hour :scratch:

Comment

Originally posted by mara View Post
      He was not two faced- you have to study the time when happened and you will find the reason why he didn't do it. I think has something to do the practices from other religions too. Which was the previous religion of Ibrahim wife?
      i have studied the time and there is no mention of him daughters being circumcised or of them being uncircumcised what there is mention of is the prophet (Saw) rewarding womena dn praising them who did circumcise and ibrahim (as) wife Hajar (As) started this sunnah when she was a muslim

There is no nobility in anyone who lacks faith.

The wise man knows that the only fitting price for his soul is a place in Paradise.

Comment

Originally posted by Al-Irhaab View Post
        i have studied the time and there is no mention of him daughters being circumcised or of them being uncircumcised what there is mention of is the prophet (Saw) rewarding womena dn praising them who did circumcise and ibrahim (as) wife Hajar (As) started this sunnah when she was a muslim
        What about Ibrahim-what was his previous religion? You must find out correctly their previous religion before to become muslims. And their tribe:)

"Female circumcision is not an Islamic requirement. There is a hadith "circumcision is sunnah (obligatory) for men and charity (good deeds) for women", but various sources do not consider it authentic. In another hadith, the Prophet (s.a.w.) instructed Omm Atiya, a woman practitioner of circumcision, "Take the minimum, Omm Atiya, and don;t exceed it, for this would be more pleasurable for the husband and protective of chastity by satisfying the wife's desire" (narrated by Ibn Majjah). This is taken to refer exclusively to the tribes of that time who would insist on the procedure, since Islam did not recommend or forbid female circumcision (same stand in Christianity and Judaism: both knew it). "
        Source

"as said by the Prophet (pbuh). It is, however, established that he has said: "Do not harm yourself or others". "Source

"One of the hadith often quoted on the subject is that of Umm Attia, a woman who performed female circumcision. It is said that God's Messenger (pbuh) told her, "Umm Attia, restrict yourself to a sniff and do not overstrain; (this way), it is more pleasant in appearance and more satisfactory to the husband". Al-Iraqi in Al-mughni 'an al-asfaar says: "The hadith concerning Umm Attia is quoted by Al-Hakim and Al-Baihaqi, on the authority of Al- Dhahhak ibn Qais. Abu Dawood mentions something similar to this hadith of Umm Attia, and both versions are lacking in authenticity"."
        Source

If you add the three together, you will obtain the correct answer:
        1.The women which went under the procedure belong to certain tribes where the circumcision was applied to both-men and women:)
        2.The Prophet talked in the hadith about the fact she will not be able to be good in bed-which you reproved to I don't know

The next step would be to find out , because is mentioned in my quotes, what happened with the tribes which adhered to catholics.If they still performed the circumcision after being baptized, you will see the entire procedure after which you are soo attached , its only a cultural thing , its not religious.

Comment

I don't know how reliable is this site but i found:

"The first concerned the church’s violation of the customs of the African people, especially the tradition of circumcision in the Maluti area (Matatiele and Mount Fletcher) of the diocese of Umtata. The Basotho and amaHlubi people were excommunicated when they were found to have participated in this custom. This happened for many years until the church in that area created its pseudo-circumcision called “Christian circumcision” in the 1970s and 1980s." Source

- so it seems even the catholic church has this problems. I have to find out what exactly pseudo-circumcision have discovered for the tribes because:

The only one circumcison recognized the catholic church is the baptism:

"527 Jesus' circumcision, on the eighth day after his birth,209 is the sign of his incorporation into Abraham's descendants, into the people of the covenant. It is the sign of his submission o the Law210 and his deputation to Israel's worship, in which he will participate throughout his life. This sign prefigures that "circumcision of Christ" which is Baptism.211 "Source

I will find out more later but be careful don't put culture in front of islamic teachings.

Comment

In the net i couldn't find what happened with tribes when they were baptized, except that site which suggest something it happened. When i will have more free time i will go to the library and may be i will find something related to the old practices.
            Meantime you could too try to find the relation between the tribes and islam. Its highly important to understand the political situation and conjucture from that time and how was the new religion based, and why some practices were tolerated and other completely abolished - without to cross the spirit of the Holy Book.

I will post only our church strongly position on the issue:
            "It is I, Paul, who am telling you that if you have yourselves circumcised, Christ will be of no benefit to you.
            For in Christ Jesus, neither circumcision nor uncircumcision counts for anything, but only faith working through love. "
            Source

Comment

bump
              I took the road less traveled...where the heck am I? :scratch:

Comment

shocked by the ignorance on here...especially from the non-muslim side when they start linking it to FGM, female circumcision done the correct way is comparable to removal of a human being's tonsils. it has NO negative effect whatsoever on the women's sexual health...but infact enhances it...your own docs and surgeons say so, and your own women are starting to opt for it to enhance their ability to obtain pleasure, not just our hadith (which the Prophet S.A.W himself has spoken of long before the docs of today even knew of it), so stop arguing. Do some reading, or go ask a medical proffessional instead of coming on this thread trying to debate religion, and how it's brutal, unneccassary, human rights, women rights, bla bla bla...
                Last edited by tickledpinko; 18-10-08, 12:21 AM.
                The Prophet :saw: said: "The Muslim Ummah is a unique Ummah among the whole of mankind: Their Land is one, their War is one, their Peace is one, their Honor is one and their Trust is one." (Ahmed)

Comment

Originally posted by tickledpinko View Post
                  shocked by the ignorance on here...especially from the non-muslim side when they start linking it to FGM, female circumcision done the correct way is comparable to removal of a human being's tonsils. it has NO negative effect whatsoever on the women's sexual health...but infact enhances it...your own docs and surgeons say so, and your own women are starting to opt for it to enhance their ability to obtain pleasure, not just our hadith (which the Prophet S.A.W himself has spoken of long before the docs of today even knew of it), so stop arguing. Do some reading, or go ask a medical proffessional instead of coming on this thread trying to debate religion, and how it's brutal, unneccassary, human rights, women rights, bla bla bla...
                  The scientific studies that were in the initial posts would argue that
                  I took the road less traveled...where the heck am I? :scratch:

Comment

never mind
                    "O you who believe! Stand out firmly for justice, as witnesses to Allah, even as against yourselves, or your parents, or your kin, and whether it be (against) rich or poor: for Allah can best protect both. Follow not the lusts (of your hearts), lest you swerve, and if you distort (justice) or decline to do justice, verily Allah is well-acquainted with all that you do." [An-Nisa 4:135]

The Prophet :saw: said:

"Whosoever leaves off obedience and separates from the Jamaa'ah and dies, he dies a death of jaahiliyyah. Whoever fights under the banner of the blind, becoming angry for 'asabiyyah (nationalism/tribalism/partisanship) or calling to 'asabiyyah, or assisting 'asabiyyah, then dies, he dies a death of jaahiliyyah."

muslim

Narrated 'Abdullah:

The Prophet, said, "Abusing a Muslim is Fusuq (evil doing) and killing him is Kufr (disbelief)." sahih bukhari

"Creeping upon you is the diseases of those people before you: envy and hatred. And hatred is the thing that shaves. I do not say it shaves the hair but it shaves the religion!

By the One in whose Hand is my soul, you will not enter paradise until you believe, and you will not believe until you love one another. Certainly, let me inform you of that which may establish such things: spread the greetings and peace among yourselves."

[Recorded by Imam Ahmad and Al-Tirmidhi]

Comment

Originally posted by Te'oma View Post
                      The scientific studies that were in the initial posts would argue that
                      the scientific studies in the initial posts refer to FGM...which is haraam because women not just get infertile from it, but from what I've read they die from it too...it's not referring to the female circumcision like in the hadith (aka hoodectomy) which is an extremely minor and external procedure.
                      The Prophet :saw: said: "The Muslim Ummah is a unique Ummah among the whole of mankind: Their Land is one, their War is one, their Peace is one, their Honor is one and their Trust is one." (Ahmed)

Comment

truley barbaric!!!!!!!
                        [COLOR="seagreen"][SIZE="4"][B][FONT="Comic Sans MS"]Mujahidah[/FONT][/B][/SIZE][/COLOR]

Comment

actually the masturbation addiction has harmful effects on our body and health
                          it can do many things like
                          Neurological problems
                          Excessive masturbation in men can cause several severe neurological problems in older men.

Hair loss
                          Hair loss can be caused by excessive masturbation.

Memory Loss
                          The release of excessive dopamine in the brain due to over masturbation can cause a slightly loss of memory; however, the problem could be more serious over time.

Losing interest in sex
                          Who masturbate too much will soon recognize a change in the testosterone levels in the body and realize a decreased interest in sex.

Comment

Collapse

Edit this module to specify a template to display.

Working...
                          X