1/2 tsp (2mL) sugar
    1/2 tsp (2mL) dried yeast
    1/4 7 oz. (200g) pkg. pure creamed coconut
    1/4 cup (60mL) water
    1 1/2 cups (375 mL) all-purpose flour
    1/2 cup (125 mL) sugar
    1/3 tsp (1.5 mL) cardamon
    oil for frying

Directions: Place water in a bowl and sprinkle with sugar and yeast and let rest for 10 minutes. Dissolve coconut cream in 1/4 cup water.

Combine flour, sugar, cardamon and yeast. Gradually add the coconut cream mixture and knead to make a pliable dough. Let rest, covered, overnight. Divide the dough into 3 equal parts and roll each intoa 6" (15 cm) circle about 1/4" (1cm) think. Cut each circle into 4 segments. Let the dough rest on a floured surface or on a tray until it rises, about an hour or until double in size.

deep fry the pieces in medium hot oil, 375 Degrees F (190 C) until golden brown.
    Please Re-update your Signature

Peace be upon you Aliya,

This is from my homeland....Thanks for the recipe. I always wanted to know how to make these. Will try it out soon!

Peace,

Comment

These are my husband and son's favorites. He is from Tanzania, and loves sharing these, dunked in tea, with our 15 month old son. I usually make at least a double batch, because they never last long. :-)

Peace be upon you too, and hope you enjoy these as much as we do. They are surprisingly easy, and very good. If you have ever had beignets (most common down south) these are like them, only with coconut and cardamon, VERY good!

Aliya

Comment

Working...
      X