Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• can anyone help me?

Asalaamoalaikum
    im hoping to convert insh,allah in a few weeks time as i have been interested in and studying Islam for nearly 2 yrs now.my problem is that i work in a place of gambling. i know it is haraam to continue doing this but i am finding very hard to find another job.i dont have any family or get any financial support from elsewhere, and i am finding it hard to afford to live on my wages anyway,so i am not in a position to be able to give up my job.my question is this;should i delay my conversion until i have found another job (which may take months)or convert now and continue working there until i have found something else?if i was to stay there,i would be able to wear hijab but wouldnt that be a bit hypocritical?im so confused please leave your opinions.Also a great deal of muslims gamble where i work and i have got to know them very well, and have dissuaded many of them to continue gambling which i know is no justification for working there but i have tried to make some good from this difficult situation.
    if anyone has an opinion which could help or knows of any quotations which are related to this it would be much appreciated
    thanks
    Please Re-update your Signature

Hey there:wavey: future sis inshAllah(God Willing:))

Now thats a pickle of a problem, i have one piece of advice though, dont delay your conversion! You never know what might happen in the future, if you believe that Islam is a the truth, then you have to hold on to it with both hands and never let go eh!

About the whole gambling thing, I honestly don't know what to say, my knowlege about these types of things is very limited, but Alhamdulilah[Praise be to Allah] you came to the right place! So just hang in there, and inshAllah someone will answer your post in detail, and the beauty of this forum is that you'll get tons of feedback

Just give them time, most are from England so they're asleep in their beds now lol :p

Wishing all the best "future" sis:D

Your Future sis inshAllah

GH

Comment

Wisdom behind the prohibition on gambling

http://63.175.194.25/index.php?ln=en...&QR=4013&dgn=4www.islam-qa.comwww.islam-qa.com , (2) Material must be reproduced faithfully and without alteration or omission. And Allaah is the Source of strength.
      Rabia(2) 22,1426
      May 30,2005

Comment

Dear Miss Bunny
        in'shaa'ALLAH you should quit your job and get married right away.
        in'shaa'ALLAH Read the following please

http://63.175.194.25/index.php?ln=en...&QR=1665&dgn=4www.islam-qa.comwww.islam-qa.com , (2) Material must be reproduced faithfully and without alteration or omission. And Allaah is the Source of strength.
        Rabia(2) 22,1426
        May 30,2005

Comment

Subhanallah bunny, congrats on deciding to embrace the right path mashallah!!!

i will gove u a proper mabrooks once u converted inshallah.

May Allah swt make it easy for u.Ameen.

Bunny u must leave your job asap, Allah swt provides, believe me, im not sure if your allowed to stay and do duas and pray to Allah swt to make it easy for u to find another job.

I personally would leave asap, this is your first test from Allah swt already :)

if u continue there, u will be earning Haraam money, and you will be eating food from that haraam money.

Bunny Allah swt provides, have strong belief in him and leave your job in the name of Allah swt.

May Allah swt make it easy for u to do the right thing. Ameen
          The Prophet SAW said, "(There are2words which R dear 2 the most gracious (Allah SWT)&very easy4the tongue2say but very heavy in the balance.They are:Subhan Allahi Wa Bihamdihi - Subhan Allahil-Azim

Comment

welcome islam

Assalamu Alaikum

NO, never delay your conversion to Islam. InshaAllah you will have a better life. dont forget Allah has created you. you won't die cause of hunger. Believe me you become a muslim then Allah will open many doors for you.

Whatever you need, just ask from Allah. Allah is the most gracious the most merciful,the most kind.

May Allah help you sister. Welcome Islam.

Hey what will be your new name? I wanna recommed you a nice name. Rumaysa it means a star leading people at night in a desert. She was a great sahabe(companion of our beloved prophet Muhammed"peace be upon him")

ws

neyzen
            There is no God but Allah,and Mohammad (s.a.w) is the messenger of Allah.

Comment

I second what Muslim Girl said.

Bunny all i am gonna say to you is that if you put your trust in Allah, He (swt) will open for you ways that you neva thought possible. Do not delay your conversion. That testimony (I bear witness that there is none worthy of worship except Allah, the One, without any partner. And I bear witness that Muhammad is His servant and His Messenger.)
              is more important than anything else in this world.

O our Lord, pour out on us patience, and make us die as those who have submitted (to You). (A-RAAF: 126)
              With steadfastness, Paradise is earned!

Comment

Morning,

As you've gathered from the above posts, you shouldn't delay converting no matter what the reason. As for your job, you don't have to quit it straightaway, even though that is ideal. You should convert and then start looking to perfect your life in time, nobody expects you to change your life immediately.

It is a gradual process, as you would see that when the Qur'an and Islam was revealed to out Prophet (Peace Be Upon Him) it was revealed in stages because Allah knows that his servants couldn't handle all the stages at once. So don't worry about your job for now and simply concentrate on perfecting your spiritual thoughts and God-willing the rest will follow soon.

My advice is to stick to this forum as there are many nice people willing to give advice and many who have been in your situation.

I pray that Allah makes it easy for you.

Take care

Comment

Assalamualykum

I will like to take this opportunity to say Welcome to the complete Way of life the key to Heaven (jannah!) and the light of peace ISLAM!
                  :love:"And whosoever is conscious of Allah, He will make a way for him to get out (from every difficulty). And He will provide him from (sources) he never could imagine. And whoever puts his trust in Allah, then He will suffice him. Verily, Allah will accomplish His purpose. Indeed Allah has sent a measure for all things." (Quran: 65/2-3)

Comment

Like everybody has said Bunny, dont delay your conversion/reversion to islam on the basis that your job is haraam and you dont want to appear hypocritical...accept islam and like moshy said dont give up your job, pray to Allah to provide you with a halaal job and at the sametime keep looking for another job...inshalallah Allah (swt) will provide for you.

If u have any questions regarding Islam, ask. There are a lot of good people on this forum who are always ready to help.

Comment

in my heart i dont really want to delay converting any longer,but i dont want to be thought a hypocrite!i already find it difficult at my workplace because the staff there are all white, all atheists and find it highly amusing that i am studing and insh'allah converting to Islam.being the kind of place it is, u can imagine that the jokes and jibes i have to endure and i dont have any support from friends or family, in fact this is quite a lonely place to be right now! thanks everybody for comments they have cleared some of the mist! x

Comment

Originally posted by bunny
                        in my heart i dont really want to delay converting any longer,but i dont want to be thought a hypocrite!i already find it difficult at my workplace because the staff there are all white, all atheists and find it highly amusing that i am studing and insh'allah converting to Islam.being the kind of place it is, u can imagine that the jokes and jibes i have to endure and i dont have any support from friends or family, in fact this is quite a lonely place to be right now! thanks everybody for comments they have cleared some of the mist! x
                        salam

Welcome to the forum. enjoy your stay dear sister. CHECK THIS SITE OUT
                        www.iprofess.com and www.islamtomorrow.com for good info for ppl in your situation

I have alot to say and hope you stick around so i can discuss this with your further.

But my sincere advice you is to EMBRACE islam if you know its the truth in your HEART. Do not delay, for you never know what is round the corner, and what the next hour may bring, or the next minute for that matter.

You must know that it is Allah who guides and softens and opens hearts, and removes the viels of blindness that cover them. ANd he has bestowed a great bounty on you by guiding you to Islam Alhamdoulillah. Dont decline the invitaiton sis. !!

Allah is most Merciful and he Is Al Razzaq ( The Provider and The one who Sustains for all his creatures). Your situation is obviously very awkward, but put your trust in your Lord, and take some steps to find a new source of income which is more halal. If you are unable to support yourself by any other means at the present time stick tothe job , until you find a better and more halal one. But do not delay your conversion on the basis of this issue. I say this because it is evidenced from hadith of the Prophet of Islam.

Kind regards..
                        "Closer and closer to mankind comes their Reckoning: yet they heed not and they turn away" (21:1)

" How can the one who chooses a hour of Haraam pleasure, above the eternal pleasure of Jannah, ever be considered as sane? "
                        -Ibn Al Qayyim

Beneficial Database of Islamic Books and Media: www.Islamhouse.com
                        Interested in Islam : www.islamreligion.com ; www.islam-guide.com

Comment

May Allah guide you on the straight path of islam...ammmeen

MashAllah the advise people give on this board is superb...I dont think i can equal it...

I understand what you mean when you say that you want to convert to islam 100% and that you dont want to be a hypocrite by being muslim and by earning money which is not halal for you...ie working in a place of gambling...

That little voice that keeps telling you that if you quit your job you wont be financially secure and you wont be able to find another job...
                          That little voice that tells you to wait a little bit till you convert...to wait a little bit more...because of various reasons...eg if you convert you'll get a lot of stick and grief from people at work...
                          DONT LISTEN to that voice...that voice is the shaitan trying every little trick to hold you back from the right path...
                          If you know in your heart that islam is right...then embrace it...
                          If you know that you want to submit to Allah swt then submit...
                          If your worried about what will happen if you quit your job then ask Allah swt for guidance...

Understand though that Allah swt rewards those that have patience throught hardships and times of difficulty...so it might be that if you did quit your job it would be hard for you for a while...but Insha Allah you'd be happy in the knowledge that you did it for the sake of pleasing Allah swt...and that Insha Allah it would not go unrewarded...

Take a leap of faith...Trust Allah
                          If you walk towards Allah,Allah will come towards you faster...(could someone help find the whole quote for this...i cant recall whether its from Quran or Hadith and How the quote goes...jazakallah khair)

May Allah make it easy for you to embrace this wonderful religion...ammeen
                          Our Brothers and Sisters need our help. Do what you can to help them!!
                          Inna Ma Al-Usri Yusra :::::
                          "Verily, with every difficulty, there is relief".(94.6)

Comment

hope i didnt upset anyone with the above post...
                            What do others think bunny should do...?
                            Our Brothers and Sisters need our help. Do what you can to help them!!
                            Inna Ma Al-Usri Yusra :::::
                            "Verily, with every difficulty, there is relief".(94.6)

Comment

asalamualaikum wha rehmatullah wa barakarthahu

bunny it is really fantastic you have decided to covert. like many have already said dont hesitate, gambling can be sorted later the starting point is covvincining yourseif that you will and can change the way of livng after you have converted. try your very best and allah (swt) will be very proud of you.
                              bunny you are the first person that i have actually been able to give advice on converting.
                              insharallah allah will guide you to the straight path.
                              :insha:

Comment

Collapse

Edit this module to specify a template to display.

Working...
                              X