First Muslim women conquer Mount Everest

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Chained_Water
    You would reward your wives with an adventure holiday if they get on your nerves? :D

MashaAllah!

Hold on, you're just trying to attract potential candidates aren't you? :p
    nooo, i'm sure once they'll get there they'll be running back home saying "sorry hubby, we won't do anything wrong again":D
    Please Re-update your Signature

Comment

• Originally posted by Umm Layth
      Mashalah @ five times, how long did it take you to climb up there once?

Brother Salman I m shocked at your attitude towards women climbing mountains, like Zee_leetle said people in the past would go up the mountains to contemplate, our Rasool Allah (saw) would go up Cave Hira, if you have been there and seen it you will know its not entirely safe.

And sister Zee has done Jabal Qaseoon five times, so this goes to prove the point.
      I believe everyone should climb a mountain in their lifetime :D In all seriousness, it does help with the reality that, beyond all we see and hear, there is a Creator, and you are able, perhaps on a small scale to fully appreciate His power and Mercy to us upon this earth.

Far from the cries and noises of everyday life, gazing out at the vast earth beyond: a connection can be felt with our Lord, most merciful is He :love:

The first time it took me about 2-3 hours to climb :p There is no path or safety rails; its just you and them rocks. :)

In the distant you can see the desert surrounding the border of Damascus :inlove:

Ps. I'm not even halfway up in that pic! I'll find one from the top inshaAllah :)
      Last edited by ze leetle elper; 25-06-08, 05:09 PM.
      What does 'freedom' mean?

Does the eagle want to swim in the sea,
      Restricted by the sky?

Does the fish want to dance on the wind,
      Not enough river to explore?

Yet the sky is freedom for the bird
      but death for the fish,

The sea is wide for the fish
      but will engulf the bird.

We ask for freedom but freedom to do what?
      We can only express our nature as it was created.

The prayer mat of the earth is freedom,
      freedom from slavery to other than the One,
      Who offers an shoreless ocean of love to swim in
      and a horizon that extends to the next life,
      Yet we chose the prison and call it freedom.

http://campaign.justgiving.com/chari...iyahschool2015

Comment

• Originally posted by Naida
        If this post isn't in response to mine, I still wanna say that I can't see any possible benefit, personal or otherwise, of risking one's life to climb a mountain.
        There are risks involved in many facets of life. A friend of mine is due to have a baby this month, and she's placed her own life at risk to have this child. It's about placing your trust in Allah swt.

You mention you see no benefit from the sisters' efforts, whereas I see many.

Any time we are at one with nature, we feel close to Allah swt. Every time I go bushwalking I feel Allah swt's presence just as much as when I'm standing in a my local masjid. I'd even go so far as to say that the feelings aroused in me when I'm praying before such a majestic vista, be it a never-ending valley, or the occean, makes me feel more humbled to be Allah's servant.

Have you ever prayed on a beach, or deep within a rainforest and not experienced that kind of closeness to your Rabb?

I read something today which made me ponder and reflect upon Allah. In Surat Ibrahim, Allah talks about the many blessings He has bestowed upon us and yet we as His servants often take fore granted the myriad of His blessings.

Instead of looking down upon what these sisters have done -- let's just put aside their 'achievement' for now -- surely the Sunnah is to say a nice word and leave it at that? As far as I'm aware, they were dressed appropriately so where's the harm? Isn't the harm more so as sister Guardian Hijab said, in our being suspicious of their intentions? Have we not learnt our lesson from Surah an-Nur and the incident with A'isha RA?

I go mountain climbing/trekking/bush-walking whenever I'm afforded the opportunity, and there's always associated risks involved [particularly when you live on a continent that's inhabited by the most venomous of reptiles] but it doesn't stop me.

And why?

Because Allah swt created the oceans and mountains for us, His Creations. They're part of His Creation, His Blessings which we are to savour and enjoy. And *if* in doing that, we become more cognizant and thankful to Him for giving us these amazingly beautiful mediums such as the oceans and the mountains and the forests, then who are we criticize those that do?

And yes CW, that is yours truly - a measly 660 metres above sea-level.
        If someone praises one of them (the believer), he says, "I know myself better than others [know me], and my Lord is more knowledgeable of me than myself. O Allah! Do not take me to task for what they say, and make me better than what they think of me, and forgive me for those sins which they are unaware of."

Comment

• A pic whilst climbing :D I even managed to see my house! :p

Because Allah swt created the oceans and mountains for us, His Creations. They're part of His Creation, His Blessings which we are to savour and enjoy. And *if* in doing that, we become more cognizant and thankful to Him for giving us these amazingly beautiful mediums such as the oceans and the mountains and the forests, then who are we criticize those that do?
          MashaAllah, well said sis :)
          Last edited by ze leetle elper; 25-06-08, 05:09 PM.

Restricted by the sky?

but death for the fish,

Comment

• Originally posted by Songbird
            There are risks involved in ...
            I thought i'd save space by not quoting it all. I just wanted to say :up:

Comment

• Assalam Alaykum

I agree, people should climb a mountain, perhaps we should aim to climb mountains like Hira to see the cave where our RasoolAllah (saw) would go for contemplation. Allah Azz wa Jal recommends that we marvel at the moutains and reflect on this creation of Allah Tala. Even climbing moutains in Syria is a good thing. If the objective is to marvel at them and to experience the height in rememberane of Allah Tala. In this light, I would say climbing up averest is exteremism and Allah Tala does not like exteremism. :)

Destruction of the Mountains

Wasalaam
              "The objective behind Shari'ah is to liberate individuals from his desires in order to be a true Abd (slave) of Allah and that is the legitimate Maslaha... Violating the Shari'ah under the pretext of following Maqasid al-Shari'ah is like the one who cares about the spirit without the body and since the body without the spirit is useless therefore the spirit without the body is useless too." ~ Imam Shatibi - The greatest intellectual founder of Maqasid al-Shari'ah

Comment

• Originally posted by Chained_Water
                Hey girls.. maybe oneday we could have an ummah sisters expedition to Everest? :meow:
                Please please take all of them...

BTW, why are we still going on about this...

Comment

• Originally posted by moshyman
                  Please please take all of them...

BTW, why are we still going on about this...
                  Because more sisters saw the thread and wanted to share their personal experiences of climbing :)
                  My Lord, my trust in all Your purposes is strong, That trust is now my shield; I'm safe, and undeceived.- Ali bin Husayn al-Habshi

Real forsaking is forgetting the thing forsaken.- Shaykh al-Shadhili

Live as long as you wish, you shall die. Love whatever you wish, you shall be separated from it. Do whatever you wish, you shall be rewarded for it. - Jibreel (as)

ياَ أَبَا اَلزَّهْرَاء وَلَّذِي صَانَكْ- لاَتُخَيِّبْنَا يَا سِيْدِي نَحْنُ ضِيْفَانَكْ
                  O father of Zahra, for the sake of the One who protected you,
                  Please do not leave us disappointed, O master, we are your guests. - Shaykh Ahmad al-Alawi (rh)

أَنتَ رَبّي وَ عِلْمُكَ حَسْبِيْ. فَنِعْمَ الرَّبُّ رَبِّي وَ نِعْمَ الحَسْبُ حَسْبِيْ.ـ حِزْبُ البَحْر

Comment

• Originally posted by Salman Al-Farsi
                    Even climbing moutains in Syria is a good thing. If the objective is to marvel at them and to experience the height in rememberane of Allah Tala.
                    And to visit the masjid at the top! :)

Post #51 should shed some light...

Restricted by the sky?

but death for the fish,

Comment

• Originally posted by ze leetle elper
                      And to visit the masjid at the top! :)

Post #51 should shed some light...
                      Mashalah, excellent.

Sis you should change ur nick to Zee leetle adventurer :)
                      "The objective behind Shari'ah is to liberate individuals from his desires in order to be a true Abd (slave) of Allah and that is the legitimate Maslaha... Violating the Shari'ah under the pretext of following Maqasid al-Shari'ah is like the one who cares about the spirit without the body and since the body without the spirit is useless therefore the spirit without the body is useless too." ~ Imam Shatibi - The greatest intellectual founder of Maqasid al-Shari'ah

Comment

• I only went out for a walk and finally concluded to stay out till sundown, for going out, I found, was really going in.

~John Muir

Comment

In this light, I would say climbing up averest is exteremism and Allah Tala does not like exteremism. :)

Destruction of the Mountains

Wasalaam

Comment

In this light, I would say climbing up averest is exteremism and Allah Tala does not like exteremism. :)
                            I think you're being rather extreme in your views!
                            If someone praises one of them (the believer), he says, "I know myself better than others [know me], and my Lord is more knowledgeable of me than myself. O Allah! Do not take me to task for what they say, and make me better than what they think of me, and forgive me for those sins which they are unaware of."

Comment

• Briton dies during Everest climb

Restricted by the sky?

but death for the fish,

Comment

• First Muslim Women Conquer Everest

http://www.iranian.ws/iran_news/publ...cle_7265.shtml
                                www.marifah.info

Wahhabis Refuted
                                Ash'aris

Comment

Collapse

Edit this module to specify a template to display.

Working...
                                X