Gold Watch and In-game Avatar

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Gold Watch and In-game Avatar

First of all, I would like to thank you for looking at this thread.

On the first note, recently, my grandmother gave me a golden watch, which was once my grandfather's. I want to know whether it is permissible to wear it. I wouldn't want it to gather dust on my desk, so what should I do? I'd feel very bad if I never wear it as my grandmother gave it to me, it is a prized possession in my mind.

Secondly, I play a game called Gunbound. Well, in this game, there are avatars, or in other words, equipment to represent your character. These "avatars" are worn throughout the gaming session. My question is, I have an avatar, but unfortunately, there is a cross on it. It has no meaning to me, but would it be alright to be wearing it on my in-game character?

Thank you in advance in the case that you are able to answer my questions.
    Please Re-update your Signature

Salaam alaykum,

Gold is indeed forbidden for the Muslim males, as well as silk.

I understand your situation about the gold watch but it isnt worth wearing if it displeases Allah (Swt) and goes against Islam right? That just isnt a good trade. My suggestions what to do with the watch is, just keep it in a frame or something, somewhere safe. Tell your grandmother, you dont want anything happening to it.

wa alaykum as salam

Comment

Thank you for your reply. I'll keep it in the box where it came, but at least open so I can still see it.

Comment

Collapse

Edit this module to specify a template to display.

Working...
      X