Ads by Muslim Ad Network

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

is it possible for a sunni girl to marry a shia?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Its more crazy and dangerous when people want to marry ahle kitab or shias to think its for the unity of the deen. lol
    "Become Muslim and be saved. If not, accept protection from us and pay the Jizya. If not, I shall come against you with men who love death as you love to drink wine"
    Khalid ibn al-Walid (ra) -Muslim General addressing the Persian rulers, 633 CE

My Blog

Comment

Originally posted by Umm Layth
      how a pious sister can live wiht a man like that ... beats me.
      Haha sis... did you mean the pun? :D

I honestly dont know what shias believe since they are never very willing to talk about thier beliefs with sunnis. but yes, if they believed such things it would just be too weird. i have half shia cousins, and even they don't really talk baout what they believe in. what is it? some secret society? (eek2 would be very good here form what i remember)
      Please Re-update your Signature

Comment

Originally posted by Phoenix CG
        Okay let's clear this up, it's obvious she isn't marrying him to benefit her deen otherwise why would there be a question, fine she may be attracted to him or err "love" him, but it seems her priorities aren't put straight. So no i would say in this case it aint rite.
        Bismilah

SubhanaAllah how do you know what she's marrying him for?
        Allah guides whomever he wills lets not fix ideas and assumptions about peoples intentions Only allah knoes that.:(

One time one Afghani Brother who masha'Allah was a wonderful person proposed to me. I thought he was sunni because of his manners and how he said Asalamalaikum to me every morning when we entered the class and he would never look at my face always lower his gaze. He would always leave class for prayer and be modest to everyone he came across.

I rejected his proposal but in my eyes he had the characteristics of a true Muslim.

Allah AL-Haq

Comment

Originally posted by BeLLaGirL
          Bismilah

SubhanaAllah how do you know what she's marrying him for?
          Allah guides whomever he wills lets not fix ideas and assumptions about peoples intentions Only allah knoes that.:(

One time one Afghani Brother who masha'Allah was a wonderful person proposed to me. I thought he was sunni because of his manners and how he said Asalamalaikum to me every morning when we entered the class and he would never look at my face always lower his gaze. He would always leave class for prayer and be modest to everyone he came across.

I rejected his proposal but in my eyes he had the characteristics of a true Muslim.

Allah AL-Haq

Assalam Alaykum

i understand what you are saying, I think the sister enquired and right answers were given by umm Layth and others.

The question here is one of belief and disbelief, if its proven that the man is of the belief discussed above than it would not be suitable for Muslims women from AhlaSunnah to marry him.
          "The objective behind Shari'ah is to liberate individuals from his desires in order to be a true Abd (slave) of Allah and that is the legitimate Maslaha... Violating the Shari'ah under the pretext of following Maqasid al-Shari'ah is like the one who cares about the spirit without the body and since the body without the spirit is useless therefore the spirit without the body is useless too." ~ Imam Shatibi - The greatest intellectual founder of Maqasid al-Shari'ah

Comment

Originally posted by dhakiyya
            well I know this couple where one is sunni and one is shia.... they're still married afaik...
            Mashallah!

What is the secret to their success?

Comment

Originally posted by roheen
              let me know if it is possible or not ?:)
              Yes, it is possible

Comment

Originally posted by roheen
                let me know if it is possible or not ?:)
                From Shariah point of view the answer is "NO" in my opinion.

All four Justirtic Imaams (four madhabs) have declared Shias to be outside the fold of Islaam and prohibited the marriage with them.

Comment

Originally posted by checkmate
                  From Shariah point of view the answer is "NO" in my opinion.

All four Justirtic Imaams (four madhabs) have declared Shias to be outside the fold of Islaam and prohibited the marriage with them.
                  I dont think they have declared them outside Islam. There are many sects within the shia, each has to be evaluated before takfeer en mass.

However I agree it would not be permissable for a muttaqee women from Ahlasunnah to marry a Shia.

There are some marriages which work, but the sole reason they work is because both parites are either not practising or do not take their creed seriously.

Allah Tala knows best.
                  "The objective behind Shari'ah is to liberate individuals from his desires in order to be a true Abd (slave) of Allah and that is the legitimate Maslaha... Violating the Shari'ah under the pretext of following Maqasid al-Shari'ah is like the one who cares about the spirit without the body and since the body without the spirit is useless therefore the spirit without the body is useless too." ~ Imam Shatibi - The greatest intellectual founder of Maqasid al-Shari'ah

Comment

Plenty more good, pious, pretty/good looking sunni sis and bros inshaAllah..why go for shie'. try not risk your deen...i can't imagine the shie' husband/wife teaching takiya to the children. the whole bunch will be liars and worst hypocrites... well, I'm not generalizing, but just dont put your deen in peril.

Comment

[QUOTE=Supernova Nebula]Plenty more good, pious, pretty/good looking sunni sis and bros inshaAllah[QUOTE]

IF u put looks above everything..

Comment

Not too sure, but i think there will be lotsa conflicts b/w the two. shias have very vague n wierd concepts (as considered by sunnis). hence there might erupt a problem almost frequently. if asked "me" in particular, more than anything else, i'll be scared of my hubby getting indulged in mut'ah all the time!! !! so i'd prefer NOT to get into it.

Massalam

Comment

not being funny sis (the one who started the thread) but i would defo not go ahead, you will defo be putting your deen at risk.

Im speaking thru experiance here, a shia guy proposed to me and after looking into everything, like there/his practices etc (and istikhara) , it was definate no no for me.

there is a fine line between what some shias follow ,that could result in you falling out of the fold of islam, dont risk it.
                          The Prophet SAW said, "(There are2words which R dear 2 the most gracious (Allah SWT)&very easy4the tongue2say but very heavy in the balance.They are:Subhan Allahi Wa Bihamdihi - Subhan Allahil-Azim

Comment

Originally posted by Salman Al-Farsi
                            I dont think they have declared them outside Islam. There are many sects within the shia, each has to be evaluated before takfeer en mass.

However I agree it would not be permissable for a muttaqee women from Ahlasunnah to marry a Shia.

There are some marriages which work, but the sole reason they work is because both parites are either not practising or do not take their creed seriously.

Allah Tala knows best.
                            According to all four Imaams and many others, this issue is not even debateable but to be followed through without any exception. Any marriage h stand a chance to work if faith is disregarded by the follower/s, but that is not the issue we are dealing here. However, it does not change the Shariah ruling if one does not follow Islaam and then on top of that mary a Shia man.

Comment

Working...
                            X