sheesha

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• sheesha

when people use sheesha what is the ingredients in the flavoured stuff.
    does it contain tobacco?
    when i tell people its haraam to smoke sheesha, they tell me it does not damage your health therefore not haraam. i bet these muslims would be looking for loopholes for its permissability because i find it hard to believe that inhaling any type of smoke into your lungs is okay.

i get confused when i see sheesha being used in cafes by brothers and even sisters which upsets me. even when i was around the smoke i did not choke or cough like i do around ciggarettes so i am unsure if the smoke is actually harmful. it does not seem much of a health risk thats why i usually don't say anything because i don't know much about sheesha and if it is really considered haraam.

can u please tell me a bit about it so i can defend our deen. :up:

my little bro wants to buy this type of water pipe to smoke thinking it is halal because alot of muslims use it. he is being misguided
    Please Re-update your Signature

There are some which have tobacco and others (most flavoured ones i think) which dont have any tobacco.. anyways they're just nasty! dont know why anyone would want to try it.. I've NEVER smoked or touched a sheesha until i went out with my friends to this restuarant and they made me try a strawberry one and it was just :vomit: !!! (I did ask the waitor if it had tobacco and he said that there wasnt any in it)..

I think if it was stronger then it might have been better, or maybe it was too strong and needed to be weaker! I don't know.. but never again am I going to try it!!! ugh.. not my thing..

btw for those of you in birmingham its a restuarant on stratford road called Lazeez Lounge, we booked a VIP room so noone else was there other then us and it was quite nice! So nice place for the sisters to go.. they dont play bollywood rubbish either but actually have some nice nasheeds on..

back to answer.. I dont think all sheeshas have tobacco, just some.. most are just flavoured..

Comment

One Sheesha Is Equivalent to Smoking 18 Cigarettes
      URGENT!!! your help is badly needed - fundraising for marriage

Comment

Originally posted by <Pathan>
        does it contain tobacco?
        when i tell people its haraam to smoke sheesha, they tell me it does not damage your health therefore not haraam. i bet these muslims would be looking for loopholes for its permissability because i find it hard to believe that inhaling any type of smoke into your lungs is okay.

i get confused when i see sheesha being used in cafes by brothers and even sisters which upsets me. even when i was around the smoke i did not choke or cough like i do around ciggarettes so i am unsure if the smoke is actually harmful. it does not seem much of a health risk thats why i usually don't say anything because i don't know much about sheesha and if it is really considered haraam.

my little bro wants to buy this type of water pipe to smoke thinking it is halal because alot of muslims use it. he is being misguided
        To know more about what a sheesha is check this out:

Id rather be smoking on a high life hookah

http://www.high-lifehookahs.com/ ...

Hope that helps.
        "Closer and closer to mankind comes their Reckoning: yet they heed not and they turn away" (21:1)

Comment

all sheeha's have tobbaco in them regardless of what the waiter says or not. they are worse than cigarettes and cigars put together but the smell of the different flavours, strawberry, rose etc will kill of the initial smell of tobbaco thus fooling you:)
          ربِ إشرح لي صدري ويسر لي أمري

Comment

Originally posted by Reema
            all sheeha's have tobbaco in them regardless of what the waiter says or not. they are worse than cigarettes and cigars put together but the smell of the different flavours, strawberry, rose etc will kill of the initial smell of tobbaco thus fooling you:)
            Wrong.

A sheesha only has tabacco, if you put tabacco in it. Else it is harmless.
            "Closer and closer to mankind comes their Reckoning: yet they heed not and they turn away" (21:1)

Comment

Originally posted by AbdulMajid
              Wrong.

A sheesha only has tabacco, if you put tabacco in it. Else it is harmless.
              then what do you use if you dont use tabacco?

Comment

Abdul Majeed:)

hehehe i come from the biggest land producers of shisha and everything related to them:) and do indeed know what goes in them! I have never come across any shisha which doesnt have tobacco in them whether be it in london, beirut or cairo where i have seen many shisha's made on hundreds of occassions. The 'tambak,m3asal or Jurak' (different types of fillings which goes at the top) of the shisha is ram packed with tobbaco to its best and its own individual flavours. You can NOT buy any of the 3 which are tobbaco free, or else say if you were to have a rose flavoured shisha, you'd be better of drinking a glass of rose water, dont you think?:)

Indeed if you are having shisha's without tobacco, then the owner without a doubt hasnt got slightest clue as to what he/she is/are doing, let alone what they are about to smoke!:) Ofcourse only unless if you are having something else, then that is completely different altogether.

Here we go, something interesting to read about the infamous arguileh:)

definition of shisha

Comment

Originally posted by Shaolin's-Finest
                  then what do you use if you dont use tabacco?
                  beats me, hehehehe!:)

Comment

Either way you are putting smoke in your lungs which is not a good thing.

Comment

:salams

So here's a follow up question. You know the Doner Kebabs you find in many Takeaways? They are obviously not good for you (especially the ones that are dripping with fat). Does that mean that the halal (slaughtered) meat becomes haram when it is served in a way or portion that has no health benefits whatsoever - and infact clogs up your artiries etc so is technically damaging your health?

:wswrwb:
                      Muslim while flying

Comment

Originally posted by <Pathan>
                        does it contain tobacco?

bro...sheesha is haram...and yes it damages health...

ask urself...why do they do it in the first place./.....because its gets them a 'high'...

in that case...im sure 'weed' wud work better..

i hope u get the point...

nething that cause harm to ur body is haram...

and bro...ur little bro one thing...

if the prophet pbuh didnt do it, then u shudnt either...did he not live the perfect life? why dont we try living like him instead of others?....
                        FREE Islaamic Courses at:

Comment

Originally posted by Anjum
                          :salams

So here's a follow up question. You know the Doner Kebabs you find in many Takeaways? They are obviously not good for you (especially the ones that are dripping with fat). Does that mean that the halal (slaughtered) meat becomes haram when it is served in a way or portion that has no health benefits whatsoever - and infact clogs up your artiries etc so is technically damaging your health?

:wswrwb:
                          it is only bad if u eat alot....so its not haram,....

the prophet pbuh said to eat in a way that 1/3 ur belly has water, food and is empty..

even honey has natural sugar...but thats not haram, even tho sugar can harm...but onlyh if u have alot....

allah knows best
                          FREE Islaamic Courses at:

Comment

the owners of cafe's are shifty how they have sheesha flavours on the menu under names like watermelon, rose, apple etc which make it sound harmless thats what tricked me, and the idea of the smoke not being strong and making me cough like i would normally do around ciggarette smoke gave me the okay. thats why i was ignorant and thought it was harmless.

don't worry there was not 1 real brother or sister smoking that rubbish at the cafe' anyway. if i found out the catholic's were trying to turn my sisters into junkies i would of turned the whole place upside down.:up:

sheesha seems like something old man would only enjoy because they have
                            have nothing else to do. i found it boring and waste of time. i would rather be eating the watermelon then struggling to get a dodgy taste of sheesha.

Comment

Ive smoked sheesha and Ive found it to my liking.

And its nothing like other smoke things, those I absolutely hate, I cant smoking at all, its so disgusting, but like I said sheesha is an entirely different thing.

It was compleatly ok, by the time me and me friends finished we, were all like woooooohhhhhh maannnnnnnnn, whazzzzzzzzz up.

It was fun esp going back to class after it.

Comment

Working...
                              X