the concept of love in Islam

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• the concept of love in Islam

If a Muslim guy tells a non Muslim girl he loves her, as someone i know has made the mistake of doing...is he still religiously bound to persue the relationship? She has moved on...but he hasn't , the mere fact that he said he loved her carries some weight with him...as he cannot see myself leaving her because God would be mad.
    Last edited by hgm3; 04-04-05, 04:01 AM.
    Please Re-update your Signature

Asalamualaikum

if the girl moved on, so should he. Whats the point of persuing a relationship that isnt there eh

Wa'alaikumasalam

Comment

Originally posted by hgm3
      If a Muslim guy tells a non Muslim girl he loves her, as someone i know has made the mistake of doing...is he still religiously bound to persue the relationship? She has moved on...but he hasn't , the mere fact that he said he loved her carries some weight with him...as he cannot see myself leaving her because God would be mad.
      Here the word "pathetic" seems to be an under statement.

Comment

if you say you love someone...are you not islamically bound to go through with that statement. doesen't islam have dire consequences for leaving someone you said you loved? are there any quranic ayahs to back this contention?

Comment

Are you high on something? What the hack you have been smoking?
          Surah Fussilat 30

Comment

if you say you love someone...are you not islamically bound to go through with that statement. doesen't islam have dire consequences for leaving someone you said you loved? are there any quranic ayahs to back this contention?
            There is a lot that you need to learn about Islam. First of all you are not even allowed to look at a woman that is not your mahram, let alone say you love her.
            O our Lord, pour out on us patience, and make us die as those who have submitted (to You). (A-RAAF: 126)
            With steadfastness, Paradise is earned!

Comment

hey...

this is just my opinion and hence not an Islamis verdict:

well firstly this person has followed the wrong path in pursuing a woman in non islamic stylee. so now that he has, and now that she has moved on... he does not really have any commitment. The only real commitment would be marriage although if he promised her he would marry her then that would also be a commitment and although it may have been a non islamic way of doing so... if the girl was christian or jewish, i should imagine he should honour his word and follow up his promise. (although there are many factors to be taken into consideration here, family, religion, etc.)

Stating that you love someone is not a commitment it is an expression of your feelings. And since people are capable of loving again it is not a never to end statement. Although it is difficult people eventually do "get over" other people and move on. This man may WISH that his love bore some heavier more vital role (in that it shoudl be a comitment) but in reality it is not. Lets just hope that this man remembers his love for Allah and the commitment he shoudl make in submitting to Allahs will next time before telling a girl whom he has met througyh unIslamic means that he is in love with her. A real man knows the weiht and consequence of responsibility and does not act like a young boy. If this man is a young boy, he needs to learna few things before commmiting his life to someone.

was salaam.

Comment

well i think your mate will learn from this mistake and wont look at another women in that way ever again....and it is time he moved on....

Comment

i really don't understand the issue of love in today's society.....i mean ppl have some serious issues they need to deal with.....so many ppl in today's society claims to love someone,but in actual fact i believe it's lust more than love....well i think i went off topic there....i think your mate should just move on.....in life there will be stages where you can only move on and do nothing about it.....it's in the hands of Allah.....

Comment

Collapse

Edit this module to specify a template to display.

Working...
                  X