X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• "Men are the protecters and maintainers of women"

"Men are the protecters and maintainers of women"
    By Sheikh Salman Al-Oadah

qayyimqayyim of a people is the one who governs their affairs and steers their course. Likewise, the qayyimWhy does Islam make men the protectors and maintainers of women? because of what Allah has preferred one with over the otherbecause of what they spend to support them from their wealthbecause of what Allah has preferred one with over the otherbecause of what they spend to support them from their wealthHow the Prophet (peace be upon him) put this duty into practice
    http://www.islamtoday.com/showme2.cf...sub_cat_id=664
    O our Lord, pour out on us patience, and make us die as those who have submitted (to You). (A-RAAF: 126)
    With steadfastness, Paradise is earned!

mashallah sis i really enjoyed reading :love:

that thanks a lot for posting it up, its kinda clarified a lot of things for me :D
    Knowledge and intelligence leads one who possesses it to do good acts and prevents him from evil.

Ignorance on the other hand, calls the one who is ignorant to conform to his desires, even if it is harmful to him.

Comment

Assalamu Aleikum Warahmatullah

Alhamdullilah. When i first read it, it made things clear for me. Subahana Allah, we should know that Allah is The Most Wise and that there is a lot of wisdom behind how why He created the world especially women.:D

Alhamdullilah.
      O our Lord, pour out on us patience, and make us die as those who have submitted (to You). (A-RAAF: 126)

Comment

Shukran Ukhti Khadhijah for the nice article.

Here's something I'd like to share: I had done an internship at the Dubai Courts, in the Family Guidance and Reformation Division - That's a place where people who file for divorce receive counseling before being admitted in front of a divorce judge - and it surprised me to learn that if the man fails to provide for his family, the qawwammah is invalidated :scratch:
        Please Re-update your Signature

Comment

Assalamu Aleikum Warahmatullah

and it surprised me to learn that if the man fails to provide for his family, the qawwammah is invalidated :scratch:

There are 4 types of divorce:

a) Divorce pronounced by the husband

b) Divorce by mutual consent

c) Khul, whereby a wife agrees to pay back all or part of her mahr (or whatever may be agreed on) in order to be released.

Narrated ibn Abbas (ra): The wife of Thabit bin Qais came to the Prophet (saw) and said, "Oh Allah's Messenger! I do not blame Thabit for defects in his character or his religion, but i, being a Muslim, dislike to behave in an un-islmaic manner (if i remain with him)." On that Allah's Messenger (saw) said (to her), "Will you give back the garden which your husband has given you (as Mahr)?" She said, "Yes" Then the Prophet (saw) said to Thabit, "O Thabit! Accept your garden, divorce her once." (Sahih Al-Bukhari, Vol.7, Hadith No.197).

d) Divorce by the court if the wife complains and it is confirmed that the husband is not fulfilling his legal obligation of her maintenance, or abondons her, or is taking alcohol, or is harming her in any way etc. In this case she is not required to pay back anything to her husband.

Allahu A'alm.

Comment

Collapse

Edit this module to specify a template to display.

Working...
          X