Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Do you grovel to white Muslims?

Salaams

The following statement was left on my blog, after I bemoaned the fact that - for the first time since I converted in 1991 - a (progressive?) Muslim made derogatory remarks about the fact I am white:

"it is no secret that you are white and that white Muslims are treated with a great deal of respect [within Muslim communities] for having for lack of better term come down to the level of other Muslims and foregoing the benefits that come with being white in a white society."

I think this is utter, utter rubbish. But when I emailed this guy, he vehemently defended his position. Is he just winding me up?

What do you think?

Wasalaam

Yakoub
    [COLOR=darkgreen]With it will be (given) a mixture of Tasneem:
    A spring, from (the waters) whereof drink those Nearest to Allah.[/COLOR]

it's called NAtion of Islam..a 100% receist organization...that believed Fard Muhammad was god himself, astagfirhallah

they are anti-white aswell...though..some of the people here will claime other wise
    Please Re-update your Signature

Comment

Bismilahir Rahmanir Raheem,

A'Salaam-a-laykum Yakoub38,

I wouldn't sweat it, I'm sure you will be aware from the Prophet's last sermon that one person is not superior/inferior to the next person due to the colour of their skin.

The only level that we as muslims differentiate each other on is level of piety.

As for the said person, maybe he is formulating his opinion based upon personal experience?

We all have points of view, we might deem ourselves to be right in our eyes, doesn't always mean that we are right in the eyes of others.

Comment

I think alot of muslims try to make an effort to make "new" muslims feel confortable and welcome and to help them. I certainly try , ive met white, black, grey convets ( hate tpo use this colour analysis, but you know what i mean)

Its not a white or black thing. Islam is not about white black grey or brown, such a reductive way of thinking with respect to kindness and dignity, just goes to show how low our souls have gone.

As for Nation of Islam, they are a cult based on Kufr ideas and beliefs as well as blaitant racisim. As brother Crono Said.

My advice to you bro is, ignore em. :)

Comment

Originally posted by Yakoub38
          Salaams

The following statement was left on my blog, after I bemoaned the fact that - for the first time since I converted in 1991 - a (progressive?) Muslim made derogatory remarks about the fact I am white:
          all words spoken are messages... only you alone can decide what to believe them to be... there will always be tests to you faith...

"it is no secret that you are white (true) and that white Muslims are treated with a great deal of respect [within Muslim communities] (true) for having for lack of better term come down to the level of other Muslims and foregoing (wrong spelling) the benefits (now i wonder if this person's using the right word to describe) that come with being white in a white society (i would read this as 'culture'....."

I think this is utter, utter rubbish. But when I emailed this guy, he vehemently defended his position. Is he just winding me up?

do you still think it's offensive?

What do you think?
          keep it simple. keep it pure. keep it beautiful.

Wasalaam

Yakoub
          :up: :lailah: :up:

Comment

Im not sure what this person is asking of us,

but there is unfortnately racism within the muslims, and this is very upsetting and totally againts the morals and teachings of islam, as one poster quoted the prophets last sermon, pbuh.

The fact is that some black muslims are treated badly and whites are preferred, but i have never come accross this personally, but have heard from many sources. But Alhamdulilah this is the least of our worries as muslims :)

It needs to be stopped!!
            Ya Wadud! ~ Oh Beloved, make the veils on my heart to vanish, hear my cry and open my heart with Your Light.

Oh You Who loves those whose hearts are broken for Your sake ~ You are Allah, Our Lord.

Comment

Salaams

Jazak Allah, thoughtful and comforting words from all.

Wasalaam

Yakoub

Comment

Salaams

"it is no secret that you are white and that white Muslims are treated with a great deal of respect [within Muslim communities] for having for lack of better term come down to the level of other Muslims and foregoing the benefits that come with being white in a white society."

What do you think?

Wasalaam

Yakoub
                Wa-Alaikum assalam wa Rahmatullahi wa Barakatuhu!

It happens... as unfortunate as it is, it does. The guy was probably just frustrated and venting. Though course its not your fault your white. But, I have seen it happen far too much. Whites are preferred over blacks and over asians. And the way I see it, its a very trivial issue. Ermmm.... I guess. :S

Again, its not your fault your white or whatever color you are, same goes for me... I am Asian, btws. I think its a universal thing, whites are deemed as more attractive and better in a lot of ways.... superior in short. Perhaps, hollywood has much to do with this and the fact that the super power(s) are predominantly white. Something similar to how the level of beauty being standardised by the media. Allahu Alam!

Trivial nonetheless. We are muslims and there are many that are aware that racism is wrong, so its cool, inshaAllah! :)
                Last edited by Siddiqa; 19-03-05, 10:19 PM.
                "A cat will look at a king."

Comment

Salaams

Yes, I have heard of this, 'the lighter the shade of skin, the more attractive you are'. It reminds me of my friend Jo's recent trip to the Phillipines, where she discovered that plastic surgery to give people European facial features was popular. Or the popularity of whitening powder to make yourself look paler in places like Ladakh.

Maybe this is a serious issue. How much of this is linked to cultural imperialism and the hegemony of Euro-American economic and media culture?

Wasalaam

Yakoub

Comment

at least you wear the right name Yacub. you know who you are.

Comment

Salaams

Yes, I have heard of this, 'the lighter the shade of skin, the more attractive you are'. It reminds me of my friend Jo's recent trip to the Phillipines, where she discovered that plastic surgery to give people European facial features was popular. Or the popularity of whitening powder to make yourself look paler in places like Ladakh.

Maybe this is a serious issue. How much of this is linked to cultural imperialism and the hegemony of Euro-American economic and media culture?

Wasalaam

Yakoub
                      err... historically, the whites are called as the 'white devil' even til today, this can be traced back to their appearance and deeds towards the chinese during the opium war. or 'red hair' for, obviously, the appearance.
                      culturally, the chinese ladies do like their complexion fair and white because they believe smooth, fair, flawless, porcelain complexion is beautiful and higher status. and sun-tan faces are the for the peasants.. ie. farmers... people who work under the sun... labourers... as for much darker complexion people, they use whitener too but i wonder how much effect the product can be. so... the white wants to be darker and the darker wants to be lighter... too much natural sun is bad for the form and too much artificial substance is equally bad. one has to try to accept the form we are given and not inflict harm or more harm to it, else the sufferings will be for ownself to endure.
                      :up: :lailah: :up:

Comment

Salaams

Yes, I have heard of this, 'the lighter the shade of skin, the more attractive you are'. Yakoub
                        What is the world coming to I say. Why is there such an obsession with what a person looks likes. Allah (swt) created us the way we are, for a reason. Why change something that has been granted to us, and which will be returned to its rightful owner.

If it is acceptability and attractiveness we are after, then perhaps we should aim to become more acceptable and attractive to Allah (swt), by becoming more pious and thus closer to Him.

Why waste so much time and effort to pleasing fellow man, when looks are temporary and will eventually fade away. But our good deeds will always remain with us, sometimes even after we die.

Comment

Evil is a terrible name to call someone after belief and Islam does not promote or teach racism. However, racism is prevalent in the Muslim world just like it is everywhere else.

Many use the statement, "There is no racism in Islam", as if to say it does not exist and that they do not practice racism. But, to the contrary, racism does exist and has destroyed the beautiful love and brotherhood that the Prophet (saw) founded for the Ummah. I believe that once people understand the very root of racism, it can be unlearned. Once that occurs, we can begin a new dispensation.

Unlearning racism means confronting one's own shortcomings and producing actual work in undoing racism and destroying it where ever it is found.
                          Last edited by qqqq; 22-03-05, 04:52 PM.

Comment

there is no racism in islam

muslims however, well they're another story
                            Originally posted by hypocrite
                            Bidah! Shirk! Murtard! Kufr! Man i hate the kuffar so much, i hate this country. I care much more about my brothers and sisters in Islam than you, because i say i do. Thats why i live here, claim benefits and moan when my dole payment is late.

Comment

Salaams

What do you think?

Wasalaam

Yakoub
                              Your question is:

Do you grovel to white Muslims?

Well, there are certainly some Muslims who have made this, their daily ritual. Usually, they are the ones with no self-esteem and with absolute ignorance. Please don't under estimate their number. However, the person who left the message with you, should have taken it to his brethren who grovel white Muslims, rather using you to vent out his anger.

Comment

Collapse

Edit this module to specify a template to display.

Working...
                              X