• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Super-Muslim: In or Out of Home?

Super-Muslim: In or Out of Home?
    Keeping the Spirit Alive
    by Yahiya Emerick

I just read a very interesting story. A teacher gave her students the following assignment: Ask a parent what their dream life was when they were a teenager, and then write an essay comparing it to your own dreams for your future right now. Accordingly, a teenager asked her mom about her aspirations when she was young, and the mother replied, (reflecting her Sixties hippie roots,) "I wished for a simple life, living on a farm commune, growing my own vegetables and being happy."

The right way to do Dawah in you home is to start with yourself first. You could literally spend your whole life working on your own faith and actions without even talking to anyone else! You are the first priority in Dawah. Are you sincere? Are you being true to yourself. Do you know something is bad but then do it anyway? What do you know about Islam? Is it possible that you may harbor feelings of racism, hypocrisy or un-Islamic cultural traditions from your upbringing?

Only when others see Islam make a meaningful change in your life will they be willing to try the same. That is the real Dawah to the family, that is the only message that they will listen to and the only way to make Islam survive in your family tree. Think about it.

Yahiya Emerick has been a prolific author and has written many articles that have been published in local as well as national magazines, both in North America and abroad. Amirah Publishing was founded by Yahiya Emerick in 1992 in order to further his ideal of publishing American-oriented literature on Islam. Much to his chagrin, Brother Yahiya found that many traditional Muslims were quite content with the old, outdated books imported from overseas and could not conceive of the need for literature specifically designed for the North American environment. Today, with the addition of Reshma Baig, Qasim Najar and Samina Baig to the team, Amirah Publishing is enjoying rapid growth and recognition among Muslims as a source for original, as well as improved literature, for use in a strictly American environment.

http://<u><span style="font-family:T...an></span></u>
    You are not aware of the consequences that would result (if you were granted what you desire) because what you seek might be to your detriment. (O soul) be conscious that your Master is more aware about your well-being than you are.

~Ibn Al-Jawzee

Yahiya Emerick is the man!

Infact I should probably start reading his bio of Prophet Muhammed (PBUH)...

Comment

Collapse

Edit this module to specify a template to display.

Working...
    X